The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Accommodation Advice?

Hi, I'm planning on staying at Kent. How's the on campus accommodation and how's off campus?

Or can I just get some general tips on choosing accommodation?

Any kind of help is welcome. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Which campus are you looking at? :smile: i just firmed biological anthropology at Kent Canterbury campus :smile: i have visited the university twice now, and personally i will be applying for Keynes college, the larger room and normal room! they have brand new kitchens and lovely leather sofas. the rooms are lovely too, not too small for the normal single bed rooms, all ensuite also :smile: and if you go for the larger room you will get a double bed, tv and tv license too. I will also apply for Tyler court A - i read all the reviews and everyone has slated it however i went to visit them and they have been refurbished and look lovely too. very nice, similar to Keynes college and also ensuite :smile: I looked at parkwood houses/flats and in my opinion, i would not live there, they are horrible! but obviously that is just my opinion :smile:

What course are you applying for? if you don't mind me asking :smile: and will Kent be your firm? :smile:

hope that helps, any other questions? :biggrin:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DanielleEG
Which campus are you looking at? :smile: i just firmed biological anthropology at Kent Canterbury campus :smile: i have visited the university twice now, and personally i will be applying for Keynes college, the larger room and normal room! they have brand new kitchens and lovely leather sofas. the rooms are lovely too, not too small for the normal single bed rooms, all ensuite also :smile: and if you go for the larger room you will get a double bed, tv and tv license too. I will also apply for Tyler court A - i read all the reviews and everyone has slated it however i went to visit them and they have been refurbished and look lovely too. very nice, similar to Keynes college and also ensuite :smile: I looked at parkwood houses/flats and in my opinion, i would not live there, they are horrible! but obviously that is just my opinion :smile:

What course are you applying for? if you don't mind me asking :smile: and will Kent be your firm? :smile:

hope that helps, any other questions? :biggrin:

Hi,

I'm a first year here at kent, glad you want keynes, I have to say though, try and go for the flats, their the self-catered accomodation for keynes, not the college, unless you want to eat at dolce vita everyday :smile:

Tyler A is pretty good, I think people just disprove of how good the accomodation is because its a different layout to other places, in 'A', there are 3 floors with rooms on either side in each floor from one end to another, not much privacy apart from your own room, other placs you get your own flat with few people, rather than an entire floor, but it is divided up into sections i will say

Parkwood flats are great, en-suite and a huge room, plus the entire place is the most sociable of all parts of the university, they have great parkwood parties, heck my mate had the largest party ever in kent at parkwood back a few weeks back, 600 people for his birthday, try and beat the record next year!! haha
Reply 3
Original post by Kosa
Hi,

I'm a first year here at kent, glad you want keynes, I have to say though, try and go for the flats, their the self-catered accomodation for keynes, not the college, unless you want to eat at dolce vita everyday :smile:

Tyler A is pretty good, I think people just disprove of how good the accomodation is because its a different layout to other places, in 'A', there are 3 floors with rooms on either side in each floor from one end to another, not much privacy apart from your own room, other placs you get your own flat with few people, rather than an entire floor, but it is divided up into sections i will say

Parkwood flats are great, en-suite and a huge room, plus the entire place is the most sociable of all parts of the university, they have great parkwood parties, heck my mate had the largest party ever in kent at parkwood back a few weeks back, 600 people for his birthday, try and beat the record next year!! haha

I was intending on applying for the self catered keynes flats :smile: i wasnt too keen on the layout of tyler court A as it isn't set out into flats which i like the idea of :smile: what course do you study? how long is the walk into town? every one i have asked tells me different, some say 5 minutes and others say 40 :smile: and i think im up for beating the house party record lol :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by DanielleEG
I was intending on applying for the self catered keynes flats :smile: i wasnt too keen on the layout of tyler court A as it isn't set out into flats which i like the idea of :smile: what course do you study? how long is the walk into town? every one i have asked tells me different, some say 5 minutes and others say 40 :smile: and i think im up for beating the house party record lol :biggrin:

Oh are you? Well good luck, thats an estimate though so you will need a lot more to clearly win haha ok well tyler b and c are more of a flat layout, but really keynes is the best haha uhm i study digital arts here, more video, graphics stuff with some programming, web design and photography

the walk into town isnt long at all, i personally would say 15 mins from keynes taking the main road, but around 20 if your taking eliot footpath :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending