The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brooksy1704
i had this problem and one of them swapped the date! I'm sure one of yours will if you ask! I have mine at mmu tomorrow!!

Aww good I've emailed Lincoln BGU so fingers crossed! Good luck for your interview tomorrow! :smile:
Original post by madl24903
Had my Cambridge interview today, so exhausted!

what have you applied for?
Original post by sultanofswing
what have you applied for?

PGCE Primary
Passed the numeracy test today, for those worried about the mental maths section, it is easier than the practise tests.

I think I actually found the mental maths easier than the second bit.
Reply 3244
Original post by Jill14
Hi Irishwitgirl!

I have an interview at UEL tomorrow too.. primary with SEN inclusion! Irish too, flying out in the morning, are you in the morning group or afternoon? My interview process begins at 1.15. It's my third so final interview this year, and first choice so I am quite nervous!!

Jill

Hi there...im Irish too :P good luck tomorrow girls! Where else have ye applied? :smile: And how were the interviews Jill14?
PGCE Primary

ph cool! I have an interview there on the 20th January! How long was the day as I need to book my travel and what was the itinerary of the day?
Reply 3246
Original post by Brooksy1704
I have an interview tomorrow at my first choice!
If I'm lucky enough to get an offer can you withdraw from the other unis?

Yes, you can. Although I'm not exactly sure of the process, it is definitely doable.
Reply 3247
Just passed my numeracy test! Agree with others, mental maths was much easier than in practise questions and I was only just passing the practise papers. Good Luck to everyone else taking there's :smile:
Original post by AbstractAlex
Just got an interview at University of Leicester for upper primary. It's on the 18th December. Has anyone else?
I'm so nervous!

Me too! :smile:
Reply 3249
Original post by s.of
Hi there...im Irish too :P good luck tomorrow girls! Where else have ye applied? :smile: And how were the interviews Jill14?

Great to hear there are more of us :smile: I had applied to Roehampton and Brighton. Roehampton was OK, not banking on getting in, everyone seemed to be highly experienced. Brighton went quite well, the interviewer was possibly the nicest most reassuring man I have ever met. Worried about UEL tomorrow because of the maths task...it's been nine years since my leaving cert so i'm quite rusty!!

Where have you applied to? Have you heard anything back/ any interviews lined up?? Best of luck with everything anyway :smile:
Original post by sultanofswing
ph cool! I have an interview there on the 20th January! How long was the day as I need to book my travel and what was the itinerary of the day?

The day was about 3.5hrs long!

The itinerary was as the email from the admissions office states. A group exercise, a 2 min presentation, an interview and a written exercise.

Everyone was really nice and the faculty looks amazing!
Reply 3251
Original post by Jill14
Great to hear there are more of us :smile: I had applied to Roehampton and Brighton. Roehampton was OK, not banking on getting in, everyone seemed to be highly experienced. Brighton went quite well, the interviewer was possibly the nicest most reassuring man I have ever met. Worried about UEL tomorrow because of the maths task...it's been nine years since my leaving cert so i'm quite rusty!!

Where have you applied to? Have you heard anything back/ any interviews lined up?? Best of luck with everything anyway :smile:

Oh very good...well done you :smile: i hear the competition to get into Roehampton is fairly tough but fingers crossed for you :smile:! I had wanted to apply there but when i emailed them they basically said no to me there and then I don't have UK state school experience, just school experience at home! Do you have UK experience?

I've applied to St. Mary's, Cambridge and Greenwich...I have interviews for St. Mary's and Cambridge but still waiting to hear back from Greenwich which is annoying cause I'm already having to make two trips over one before and one after Christmas! I'd like to know where I stand so I could try and do Cambridge and Greenwich all in the one trip after Christmas!

Believe me, I know how you feel about maths...my LC was 5 years ago...so we're in a similar situation! There's a maths test at St. Mary's too but hopefully they'll be easy enough! I actually know a teacher here in Ireland who trained at UEL and she had all good things to say about it :smile: You're a pro at interviews now after your first two so you'll do great on the morrow :smile:
Original post by cutebat
11th Dec have you got one at St Mary's?

Good luck for tomorrow, let me know how it goes :smile: I now have one at St Marys for next week the day after my Roehampton one and I have my skills tests on Sat, busy busy busy!
Guys who've had interviews - how long in total was your day? I know someone above has said 3.5 hrs but what about at other unis/subjects?
Original post by darren2811
Congrats that is brilliant!! good luck for both of them :biggrin:

Strathclyde emailed me on Friday and offered me an interview for my other subject so i'm happy :biggrin: My Glasgow is the 16th and my Strathclyde is the 17th lol

aw nice that's so close!
The day was about 3.5hrs long!

The itinerary was as the email from the admissions office states. A group exercise, a 2 min presentation, an interview and a written exercise.

Everyone was really nice and the faculty looks amazing!

Which colleges have you applied to? With mine being so far they said they would send the information two weeks before but its not very handy when you are trying to book travel!

How did it go? When do you find out if you are successful?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3256
this has probably been asked many times, but what exactly do I need to print off as proof of my application for the skills tests? I haven't got my welcome letter because it is at my parents address, and wont have time to get it before my literacy skills test tomorrow. Thanks!
Original post by Airfairy
Guys who've had interviews - how long in total was your day? I know someone above has said 3.5 hrs but what about at other unis/subjects?

Mine was 4 hours - 8:30 til 12:30

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3258
Hey are you going to Roehampton for Wednesday next week? That's when my interview is too!

Hows your presentation prep going?

Original post by andrea199
Good luck for tomorrow, let me know how it goes :smile: I now have one at St Marys for next week the day after my Roehampton one and I have my skills tests on Sat, busy busy busy!
Original post by Jo_Marie
Hey are you going to Roehampton for Wednesday next week? That's when my interview is too!

Hows your presentation prep going?

No I have Roehampton Monday, St Mary's Tuesday. Ye ive got that pretty much sorted its just the educational issues which is taking a while to know enough to be able to talk confidently about them ! How's yours going ?
x

Latest

Trending

Trending