The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA 2014 Freshers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by caryswww
That's what I thought... Oh well! Same, I went to an open day in the summer and I loved it there! I love Sheffield as well though, I remember reading the prospectus before id even been there and loved it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha there's just too many choices nowadays, although the student union at UEA looks amazing, that's a definite plus! So are you trying to stay close to home or get far away ? :tongue:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 221
Original post by snight
Haha there's just too many choices nowadays, although the student union at UEA looks amazing, that's a definite plus! So are you trying to stay close to home or get far away ? :tongue:

Faaaar away! I live in South Wales and Exeter is the closest place I'm applying to if that gives you any idea haha, I want to travel! What about you? And yeah the student union/gigs and stuff is quite important to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 222
Original post by caryswww
Faaaar away! I live in South Wales and Exeter is the closest place I'm applying to if that gives you any idea haha, I want to travel! What about you? And yeah the student union/gigs and stuff is quite important to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool awesome, I've only ever been to Wales a couple of times but I'm from London myself. The student union has apparently had Coldplay Bastille and Gregg James this year alone (from what I gathered)! And I'm not too bothered where the uni is, just so long as my parents aren't close enough to regularly come round :tongue:
Original post by Rubayy
Hi Everyone, posted this in another bit but I think I got mixed up.
So I'm going to start it off how everyone does and say that I'm new to this and don't really know how to use it. I was just wondering how competitive Computer Science and the Engineering Compartment generally is at UEA?
I want to apply but am currently doing a BTEC Extended in Engineering and the requirements are DDM, if I got DMM do you think they'd still accept me?
I know this is down to how competitive the degree course is as well so was just after ideas.
Also I have GCSE Maths Grade C and English grade B, but they are asking for Maths Grade B and English Grade C.
As I only have 5 choices I wanted to make sure I'm not wasting it on a Uni that won't even consider my application.
Would it make a difference if I maybe apply for 2 similar courses to up my chances?
Thanks for all the help!!

Is there anyway you can re-take that GCSE? It is risky applying, but if you apply to four you can get into then you might as well apply to one risky uni.
Original post by Rubayy
Hi Everyone, posted this in another bit but I think I got mixed up.
So I'm going to start it off how everyone does and say that I'm new to this and don't really know how to use it. I was just wondering how competitive Computer Science and the Engineering Compartment generally is at UEA?
I want to apply but am currently doing a BTEC Extended in Engineering and the requirements are DDM, if I got DMM do you think they'd still accept me?
I know this is down to how competitive the degree course is as well so was just after ideas.
Also I have GCSE Maths Grade C and English grade B, but they are asking for Maths Grade B and English Grade C.
As I only have 5 choices I wanted to make sure I'm not wasting it on a Uni that won't even consider my application.
Would it make a difference if I maybe apply for 2 similar courses to up my chances?
Thanks for all the help!!

Your best bet will be to call up the department and ask them if they will look at your application.
My predicted grades were below the course requirement but I called them and asked if they would consider me and in the end they gave me an offer. :smile:
Reply 225
Hi guys, I am applying to UEA in 2014 to study History/ with a foundation year. Is anyone else thinking of studying History or history with a foundation year?
Did anyone apply to do Accounting and Finance and got an offer...then got in...what were your predicted and achieved grades?...oh yeah did you have an interview?...as it said you may be called in for an interview or to bring a portfolio on the UCAS application
Original post by The.Joker
Your best bet will be to call up the department and ask them if they will look at your application.
My predicted grades were below the course requirement but I called them and asked if they would consider me and in the end they gave me an offer. :smile:

Did they require an interview?...as it said you may be called in for an interview or to bring a portfolio on the UCAS application..for Accounting and Finance...or you know anyone who did?
Reply 228
Just got an offer for BA American History at UEA!! Anyone else doing this course or something similar?
Reply 229
Original post by sampayn3
Hi, I received an unconditional offer for English Literature today! I feel like I have been waiting for ever, even though its only been three weeks since I sent my application :P Now I just have to wait for the rest to reply :smile:

That's amazing well done! I have applied to UEA for english lit too. Only sent it off today so may have a bit of a wait........ Where else have you applied?
Reply 230
Original post by rozsarah
Just got an offer for English Lit! Very excited :biggrin:

That's amazing well done! How long did they take to reply? I have only just sent off my UCAS today. May see ya there.... :smile:
Reply 231
Original post by bstar
That's amazing well done! How long did they take to reply? I have only just sent off my UCAS today. May see ya there.... :smile:

Thanks you :biggrin: Exactly one week! However, this was a few weeks ago and I have a friend who sent her application more recently and has been waiting nearly two weeks, so I think they're quite busy at the moment! Don't worry if it takes a while! So exciting to meet someone who may be on my course... :colondollar:
Original post by aceySnicks_x
Did they require an interview?...as it said you may be called in for an interview or to bring a portfolio on the UCAS application..for Accounting and Finance...or you know anyone who did?

Nope they didn't offer me an interview or need to see any work of mine. :smile:
I applied for Economics.
I applied for English Lit and Creative Writing and American Lit and Creative Writing and both asked for a portfolio :3 anyone else get this?
Original post by robbiemt
Just got an offer for BA American History at UEA!! Anyone else doing this course or something similar?

Congratulations on your offer! :biggrin: I've applied for (and firmed) American and English Literature, which is in the School of American Studies and shares some of the modules on the American History course :P
Reply 235
Original post by rozsarah
Thanks you :biggrin: Exactly one week! However, this was a few weeks ago and I have a friend who sent her application more recently and has been waiting nearly two weeks, so I think they're quite busy at the moment! Don't worry if it takes a while! So exciting to meet someone who may be on my course... :colondollar:

That's so incredible! I have actually applied for the foundation course too in case i don't get onto the straight english one, just as a back up plan.

How do you add friends on the student room? I am kinda new on here and still finding my way round :smile:
Original post by Tom_green_day
I applied for English Lit and Creative Writing and American Lit and Creative Writing and both asked for a portfolio :3 anyone else get this?

Congratulations, it means they are seriously considering you. They ask it from all applicants for courses involving creative writing who they are interested in.
Original post by jelly1000
Congratulations, it means they are seriously considering you. They ask it from all applicants for courses involving creative writing who they are interested in.

Oh cool thanks for letting me know! I included a cute little handwritten note thanking them and everything :P
Are you applying for it too?
Oh cool thanks for letting me know! I included a cute little handwritten note thanking them and everything :P
Are you applying for it too?

No, I'm a third year International Relations student just lurking on the forums/procrastinating from coursework to ask people questions they might have.

I got asked for a portfolio for English Lit and Creative Writing too! Sent it off about 10 days ago. Here's hoping we both have luck. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending