The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucy96
Right guys, the meet up: it's probably going to have to be July. June is basically impossible due to exams, and August will probably be a busy month for obvious reasons. So, the 5th or 12th? (Saturday seems like the best day). Also probably going to have to be in London because otherwise half of you won't come :wink: it'd be helpful for those who think they should be able to come to get back to me whenever you know if you can possibly make it :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Put me down as a "no" :sad:

Original post by lilGem
lab reports at uni are very similar to that coursework :rolleyes:

:sigh:
Original post by furryface12
I'll come if I'm free/can afford the train but I have no idea what I'm doing that far ahead, sorry! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww that's understandable, thank you :smile:
Original post by Qari
I don't think I will be able to come, but I would probably know more closer to the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw I hope you can! True :h:
Original post by usycool1

:sad: is there no time in which you'd be able to come? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8402

:sigh:

How come you can't come?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone want to help me with a C3 question? It's question nine on this paper, the entire thing: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/144592-question-paper-unit-4723-01-core-mathematics-3.pdf

I've looked all over for any posts about it, gone through the unofficial mark scheme thread, no one's gone through it. :frown: Would be much appreciated if anyone's got a minute!
Reply 8404
Original post by Lucy96
Right guys, the meet up: it's probably going to have to be July. June is basically impossible due to exams, and August will probably be a busy month for obvious reasons. So, the 5th or 12th? (Saturday seems like the best day). Also probably going to have to be in London because otherwise half of you won't come :wink: it'd be helpful for those who think they should be able to come to get back to me whenever you know if you can possibly make it :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh you're organising a meetup? I'd love to come if I can! Is it just to get to know people or something else?
Original post by zahra_d
Oooh you're organising a meetup? I'd love to come if I can! Is it just to get to know people or something else?

Yup! Aw great :biggrin: it is :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ethery
Anyone want to help me with a C3 question? It's question nine on this paper, the entire thing: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/144592-question-paper-unit-4723-01-core-mathematics-3.pdf

I've looked all over for any posts about it, gone through the unofficial mark scheme thread, no one's gone through it. :frown: Would be much appreciated if anyone's got a minute!

Expand cos(theta + 45) using addition formula (and make sure you square ALL of it) and then see if you can do on. :smile:
Original post by Lucy96
:sad: is there no time in which you'd be able to come? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably none that are convenient for everyone tbh :no:

Original post by Qari
How come you can't come?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ramadan, visiting my dad etc. :smile:
Reply 8408
Original post by Lucy96
Yup! Aw great :biggrin: it is :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great! Well count me in, I'd love to meet a few new faces - and since I live in London it's quite convenient too ^_^ at least I have something to look forward to! I've been in a particularly bad mood today, got my trial exam results back and they weren't too great... :frown:
Expand cos(theta + 45) using addition formula (and make sure you square ALL of it) and then see if you can do on. :smile:

That's pretty much as far as I've got. :frown: I got the examiner's report up which helped me get to this point, but I'm a little lost afterwards.
Oh, and as for the meet up: I'd love to come, but whether I can or not I really don't know. London's so far away. :frown:

:cry:.
Original post by zahra_d
Great! Well count me in, I'd love to meet a few new faces - and since I live in London it's quite convenient too ^_^ at least I have something to look forward to! I've been in a particularly bad mood today, got my trial exam results back and they weren't too great... :frown:

Woo :biggrin: oh that's good! Same :biggrin: awww that's a shame, don't let it get you down too much, I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine in the real ones :hugs:
Original post by ethery
Oh, and as for the meet up: I'd love to come, but whether I can or not I really don't know. London's so far away. :frown:

I know what you mean, it's far for me too :frown: we'll figure something out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ethery
That's pretty much as far as I've got. :frown: I got the examiner's report up which helped me get to this point, but I'm a little lost afterwards.

Fair enough :yep:

I'll start you off...see if you can go on.

Starting on the left hand side, expand cos(theta + 45), and write the double angles in terms of sine.

So:

(cosθcos45sinθsin45)212(12sin2θ2sinθcosθ)(\cos \theta \cos 45 - \sin \theta \sin 45)^2 -\dfrac{1}{2}(1 - 2\sin^2 \theta - 2 \sin \theta \cos \theta)

Play around with it a bit now and you should get there. :smile:
Original post by Lucy96
I know what you mean, it's far for me too :frown: we'll figure something out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

May I suggest somewhere more central... hm, Nottingham perhaps? ;D :tongue:

Whereabouts are you? :smile:
Original post by Willowfairy
I think I'm just going to find work to be honest :smile:
What are you wanting to do at university?

Why is that? You don't have to pay the fees until you earn at least £21k :smile: And your more likely to earn more that way.
Or....you could do an A level leaver program with accounting firms that pay for your training and you get a job that was as well! :biggrin:
Original post by ethery
May I suggest somewhere more central... hm, Nottingham perhaps? ;D :tongue:

Whereabouts are you? :smile:

Haha that'd be easier for me :wink:

I live in Southport (most people haven't heard of it, it's not too far from Liverpool and Manchester) :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair enough :yep:

I'll start you off...see if you can go on.

Starting on the left hand side, expand cos(theta + 45), and write the double angles in terms of sine.

So:

(cosθcos45sinθsin45)212(12sin2θ2sinθcosθ)(\cos \theta \cos 45 - \sin \theta \sin 45)^2 -\dfrac{1}{2}(1 - 2\sin^2 \theta - 2 \sin \theta \cos \theta)

Play around with it a bit now and you should get there. :smile:

Think I'm just about there. But I'm going to leave it and have another look in the morning, it's too late for this. :tongue:

Thanks so much for your help! :biggrin:
That feeling you get when you've finished all your English literature coursework... I'm the woMAN! :2euk48l::bootyshake:
Reply 8418

Ramadan, visiting my dad etc. :smile:

Same reason I probably won't be going.
Ramadan I mean

Posted from TSR Mobile
History essay done :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest