The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just checked UCAS track and I have an interview for MMU secondary English, but I haven't received an email or anything? Has this happened to anyone else?
Original post by amul1992
Just checked UCAS track and I have an interview for MMU secondary English, but I haven't received an email or anything? Has this happened to anyone else?

Yeah I have an interview at mmu tomorrow! When my track updated my email came the next day!
Reply 3302
Original post by madl24903
Hey! It wasn't so bad. My interview was with a practitioner rather than an academic so I could hammer home what I learnt at my work experience places.

All in all, the day was enjoyable and I really didn't get the impression that people were elitist or snobby. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds like a grand interview to be honest...compared to other interviews I feel like the Cambridge one will suit me the most :smile: Good luck with it, I hope you get a place :smile:

Original post by Suzyr
I have an interview for primary at cambridge too on the 9th, when's yours?

Mine's on the 7th, we have time to prepare yet :smile:
Reply 3303
Black dress, flats, Cardigan.... Not too smart, not casual but comfortable.

How about you? What time are you getting in for, I'll probably see you there! :smile:
Original post by cutebat
haha thanks phew!! Photos as in passport photos? and cv and 500 word on observations l went through list bout five times checking I had everything so nervous. What are you wearing tomorrow? :smile:
Reply 3304
Found out today that I have a second interview! So happy! :biggrin:

It's next Wednesday - the day before my other interview! So I have an interview at Huddersfield next Wednesday and then York next Thursday (this is for PGCE post-compulsory education/lifelong learning).

I'm excited but so nervous! The York one is only one hour long and an individual interview, so not too stressed about that one, but the Huddersfield one lasts "half a day" and includes group work/presentations, a written piece, and other stuff as well as individual interviews. Very nervous! Hopefully it will be fine. They've also sent me a medical form to fill in already which has some less than lovely questions but I'll manage them.

Eek! So nervous and yet excited. When I saw the letter from Huddersfield today I was SO scared it would be a rejection without interview as Track hadn't updated (it still hasn't). But when I read "Interview" in the subject line I screamed with joy. Haha.

Yay!
Reply 3305
I really want to know this too! Please let me know if you find out! :smile:
Original post by Brooksy1704
Yeah I have an interview at mmu tomorrow! When my track updated my email came the next day!

Amazing, thanks you! Well done, what's your interview for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by steph_cook92
Conditional from Canterbury! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh me too! Is yours on the conditions of Skills tests? I'm nervous they may take it from me somehow hahaha! Did you interview on Wednesday?
Reply 3308
Original post by Deja Vu
Found out today that I have a second interview! So happy! :biggrin:

It's next Wednesday - the day before my other interview! So I have an interview at Huddersfield next Wednesday and then York next Thursday (this is for PGCE post-compulsory education/lifelong learning).

I'm excited but so nervous! The York one is only one hour long and an individual interview, so not too stressed about that one, but the Huddersfield one lasts "half a day" and includes group work/presentations, a written piece, and other stuff as well as individual interviews. Very nervous! Hopefully it will be fine. They've also sent me a medical form to fill in already which has some less than lovely questions but I'll manage them.

Eek! So nervous and yet excited. When I saw the letter from Huddersfield today I was SO scared it would be a rejection without interview as Track hadn't updated (it still hasn't). But when I read "Interview" in the subject line I screamed with joy. Haha.

Yay!

Don't freak out about occupational health forms! They are meant to be supportive (getting you what you need) rather than limiting (saying you aren't fit).

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3309
Original post by kpwxx
Don't freak out about occupational health forms! They are meant to be supportive (getting you what you need) rather than limiting (saying you aren't fit).

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Will try my best :smile:

There are a couple of questions I don't like the look of, the rest are generally fine. Hopefully it's just something they will ask me about later, as although I don't really want to talk about them per se, I do think I can do a better job of explaining in person/face to face/verbally rather than on a form - it looks so black and white.

But I was expecting it. I just didn't think it's come until much later!
Reply 3310
Original post by bumpadaisy
These interviews sound really tough.

They're actually much nicer than they sound. I went into my first interview full of dread, but everyone was really friendly, and the process is made as nice as possible (obviously there'll still be nerves, but fewer than I was expecting). The interviews themselves have also been very friendly, with one of my interviewers even making jokes and encouraging us to do the same.
Reply 3311
Original post by georgiaclaire_
So happy, I got 2 interviews come through today by email within half an hour of each other! Notts Trent is on Monday, which I feel totally unprepared for, maths test, group presentation, arghhhh. But I have my Birmingham City University on the 8th of Jan, thank god, I have loads of time to prepare, just worried cause we have a skills audit test, and it says it will cover ALL of the National Curriculum. We are talking about Maths, Science, English, art, music, re, pe and history.

Stupidly nervous, but stupidly excited :smile: I'm also waiting on University of Birmingham to hopefully get back to me!

I have one at notts Trent Monday too! is yours morning or afternoon? :biggrin:
Up and getting ready for mmu!!
was feeling confident but now nervous!
anyone else going to be there??
Me! For Secondary Socail Science. My feelings are changing every ten minutes from excited and confident to a nervous wreck and convinced i'm gonna make a fool of myself! Good luck to you!!
Up and getting ready for mmu!!
was feeling confident but now nervous!
anyone else going to be there??
Original post by chumpyjumpy
Me! For Secondary Socail Science. My feelings are changing every ten minutes from excited and confident to a nervous wreck and convinced i'm gonna make a fool of myself! Good luck to you!!

I can totally relate!! I'm there for primary!
Good luck to you too!
Reply 3315
Original post by chumpyjumpy

Good luck hope it all goes well and just remember to be yourself keep smiling and most are very friendly so that will ease your nerves. I was in the same position last week with nerves getting to me but honestly once your at the interview place its much better than expected. Wish you all the best :smile::smile::biggrin:
Thanks! :smile:
I can totally relate!! I'm there for primary!
Good luck to you too!
Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Ar1234
Good luck hope it all goes well and just remember to be yourself keep smiling and most are very friendly so that will ease your nerves. I was in the same position last week with nerves getting to me but honestly once your at the interview place its much better than expected. Wish you all the best :smile::smile::biggrin:
Original post by sbxox
I have one at notts Trent Monday too! is yours morning or afternoon? :biggrin:

Afternoon! Which i'm glad about, because I live in Birmingham so it gives me time to drive down :smile: how about you?
Reply 3319
I have an interview on track but haven't received an email or letter about the interview. Should I get in touch with the uni to wait incase something comes in the post a bit later?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending