The Student Room Group

Chemistry Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theCreator
I felt as if this second one went better even though it was so much harder, they kept pressuring me into giving an answer when I just didn't know lol. They were just firing questios relentlessly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The guy gave me questions that I only remembered that I've seen the structures of the molecules in 'why chemical reactions happen' after he explained it to me!! It's so annoying!
I've done it in all my interviews! And now I have no more chances left! Argh~~~ I want to cry :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sugarmouse12345
hi did anyones school recieve a letter from sheffield saying how well your interview went? i did, it was such a nice suprise! haha

I got one sent home the year I applied. Who interviewed you??
Wow, these oxford interviews are making me feel bad for my relatively easy chemistry interview at Cambridge lol
Original post by johncallahan95
Wow, these oxford interviews are making me feel bad for my relatively easy chemistry interview at Cambridge lol

they do seem to put you through hell at oxford though.
Original post by johncallahan95

If It wasn't an interview then I would certainly have enjoyed it a lot more, BUT with the fact that they was super hard questions and it was an interview that kind of determines your future, it's hell...

That said, I still enjoyed it, although I feel the despair in me right now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im not an oxbridge applicant, but im curious to know what questions were being fired around in the oxford chemistry admissions tutors office.. Why was it so hard? And what were the questions on
Original post by ethery
Tomorrow. Yours? :smile:

I'm only coming from Nottingham so that's not such a problem. I'm probably going to wear dark jeans to make me feel better about being "casual" haha

Mines on monday, rather nervous, how did yours go?
Original post by joe1545
Im not an oxbridge applicant, but im curious to know what questions were being fired around in the oxford chemistry admissions tutors office.. Why was it so hard? And what were the questions on

For the answer of the first question, I would say it's due to nervousness, lack of sleep and time.
I don't think the last question can be answered just yet, I don't know why but there's a general rule somewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I had to guess now I don't think I'll get in, but atleast it's been a good experience and I've tried my best so oh well :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geor
I found my interviews hard but every other applicant in my college seems to think the interview was "fine" which is making me really nervous! :frown:

We will all find out tomorrow though if we have been pooled or not which could be interesting..

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you got another interview it doesn't necessarily mean you're pooled. It may just be that other colleges are interested in you. But on the other hand, it can also mean that the college you're staying at don't want to hold on to you as much...

We'll never know~

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theCreator
If I had to guess now I don't think I'll get in, but atleast it's been a good experience and I've tried my best so oh well :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same... At least there's some experience of Oxford, and we should be proud to say that we got into the interview process :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joe1545
Mines on monday, rather nervous, how did yours go?

There's no need at all to be nervous! It's all so relaxed. From what I saw of the interviewers they all seemed super nice too.

I was just asked what I'd done in my lessons recently and then asked a few very simple questions, nothing challenging at all. And what I enjoy most, stuff like that. And then w talked a bit about the course and the fact that I did French last year to fill some time. :tongue: I know some people got asked "why chemistry", "why York" etc. which was more what I was expecting but not what I got.

Seriously though, the whole day is really casual. You'll be absolutely fine. Let me know how it goes? :smile:
Received an offer from Durham last night which has somewhat taken the pressure off Oxford which went somewhat awfully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1053
Where are you all from???? I don't know anyone applying for chemistry at all - no friends of friends seem to be applying for it either...?

:smile: Good luck with your interviews those who have them in the next few days!
Did people have 2 or 3 interviews at oxford! I had 3
Original post by gmseahorse
Received an offer from Durham last night which has somewhat taken the pressure off Oxford which went somewhat awfully.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Durham are the last uni I'm waiting to hear from :eek:
Original post by ChemApp
i have!

Might see you then haha :smile: Never had an interview for anything before so scared ****less, even though it's informal
Original post by ChemTom
Where are you all from???? I don't know anyone applying for chemistry at all - no friends of friends seem to be applying for it either...?

:smile: Good luck with your interviews those who have them in the next few days!

I'm applying for chemistry! I'm the only one out of two in my year who are applying for it :P
Reply 1058
Original post by RoseBrilliante
I'm applying for chemistry! I'm the only one out of two in my year who are applying for it :P

I'm one of 14 year 13s doing chemistry but the only one they've had for years who has applied for it at university :/ I'm from Leeds and no one from here seems to want to do it :frown: where are you from? And where have you applied???? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geor
From talking to the first years at my college, it pretty much seems that almost everyone who got sent home straight away received an offer! Probably varies though depending on college

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh god... I shouldn't have been praying for another interview then...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending