London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aneeshadeo
Yeah sure, I got 10A*s and 2As in my GCSEs
I got 4As in my AS levels
And I was predicted 4A*s in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Biology
Aw yeah the competition is quite intense, I thought my personal statement would just be average or wouldn't be as good as other people applying for Economics at LSE. I'm still in shock to be honest, honestly didn't expect it!!!! :smile:

Congrats. What were your ums like?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2821
Original post by bshrestha
LSE: Don't pretend like I'm the only one cheating in the relationship. I've about heard you and your 4 other "flings"... :wink:

Did you know that in the seduction jargon a LSE is a "Low Self Esteem" girl hahaha?
Original post by solaars
Did you know that in the seduction jargon a LSE is a "Low Self Esteem" girl hahaha?

That's pretty ironic seeing as LSE gives everyone a "Low Self Esteem" by constantly reminding them that they're not good enough.
You know in life there's two types of people. One who only cares about the present, and the other who always thinks about the future. The former is always happier and the latter always has a higher quality of life. Now most people know which category they belong to. But, then comes the third category of people. These people know they have the potential to achieve their dreams, but, at the same time, want to live in the moment and enjoy life. They can't just quit chasing their big dreams, because they know they have the ability to do so much more, they're born with a special type of talent which allows them achieve anything they put their mind to. But, they also acknowledge that happiness is the key to life. These people are torn between the two social groups within society. Some say it's a gift having qualities from both the social groups, but what if you are so torn that you're shattered into pieces, pieces that are difficult if not impossible to amend. You don't want to sacrifice every aspect of your life in order to chase your dream, but the possibility of you achieving your dream is too high for you to quit. Now, these people could easily enjoy an average lifestyle, without having to work too hard. But, they don't. They choose to suffer and achieve an ideal lifestyle, because the potential gain from hard work is far greater than its loss. Amen.
Original post by Mike_123
Congrats. What were your ums like?

Thanks, for Maths I got 93 in C1, 98 in C2, 96 in C3, 100 in M1, 91 in S1 and 98 in D1.

Economics 197/200, Biology 273/300, and French AS level 186/200 (which I dropped)
Original post by aneeshadeo
Thanks, for Maths I got 93 in C1, 98 in C2, 96 in C3, 100 in M1, 91 in S1 and 98 in D1.

Economics 197/200, Biology 273/300, and French AS level 186/200 (which I dropped)

Please give your revision tips. How much did you revise and how did you revise?
You know in life there's two types of people. One who only cares about the present, and the other who always thinks about the future. The former is always happier and the latter always has a higher quality of life. Now most people know which category they belong to. But, then comes the third category of people. These people know they have the potential to achieve their dreams, but, at the same time, want to live in the moment and enjoy life. They can't just quit chasing their big dreams, because they know they have the ability to do so much more, they're born with a special type of talent which allows them achieve anything they put their mind to. But, they also acknowledge that happiness is the key to life. These people are torn between the two social groups within society. Some say it's a gift having qualities from both the social groups, but what if you are so torn that you're shattered into pieces, pieces that are difficult if not impossible to amend. You don't want to sacrifice every aspect of your life in order to chase your dream, but the possibility of you achieving your dream is too high for you to quit. Now, these people could easily enjoy an average lifestyle, without having to work too hard. But, they don't. They choose to suffer and achieve an ideal lifestyle, because the potential gain from hard work is far greater than its loss. Amen.

Have to say I'm the 2nd group trying to get a foothold into the first group.
Original post by NedStark
Have to say I'm the 2nd group trying to get a foothold into the first group.

That means you're in the third group - torn between the two. The fact that you are even considering "to get a foothold into the first group" means you have qualities of both.
Reply 2828
7 weeks and still havent heard anything... lol great
That means you're in the third group - torn between the two. The fact that you are even considering "to get a foothold into the first group" means you have qualities of both.

and which group do you belong to?
Original post by NedStark
and which group do you belong to?

The fourth group - Couldn't give a **** about life. Deuces.
The fourth group - Couldn't give a **** about life. Deuces.

I alternate between the 3rd and 4th group lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2832
I'd say that I was from the first group during my whole childhood. I spent most of my teenage years in the third one.. And right now feeling like I belong to the second one.
Anyway, that's a nice way to see things.
Could you tell me your GCSES/AS/Predictions please. I was going to apply for straight Economics, but was scared I was going to get rejected due to the high levels of competition.

What course did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The-Illusionist

Posted from TSR Mobile

Philosophy and Economics.
Reply 2835
7 weeks and 1 day and I am still being neglected by the E+Eh department.Is Economics and economic history a competitive course?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by chripro
Yes, I am applying for BMS. You too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. Do you have an offer from them?
Reply 2837
I just received '2 week' letter.... Sounds so horrible!!!
Original post by yzhang
I just received '2 week' letter.... Sounds so horrible!!!

Reply 2839
Original post by IrisLi
Does anyone apply Math & Eco?
I submited my UCAS last Monday and received the email last Friday, and it told me to wait 7 weeks.
Can I really get news from them after 7 weeks?
I am very worried, though I knew I probably would be rejected by LSE. TAT

I do! I received a 2week letter yesterday!!! So nervous!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending