The Student Room Group

Sports science applicants 2014

Greetings to all prospectives sports and exercise science applicants! Which university have you applied to and why did you choose those uni :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya!
Going to apply to Gloucestershire, Chester, Hertfordshire and Portsmouth! PS is ready but waiting for my referee to answer..... How's your application going on/where have you applied?
Reply 2
Original post by napsy
Hiya!
Going to apply to Gloucestershire, Chester, Hertfordshire and Portsmouth! PS is ready but waiting for my referee to answer..... How's your application going on/where have you applied?

Hello :smile: sorry for getting back late. I have received offer from Edinburgh in a week's time. Plymouth on the 2nd week and Exeter on the 3rd week. Loughborough and portsmouth haven't answered but I am over the period of checking my application on UCAS hahaha. Exeter will definitively be my firm. How about yours? have your referee got back to you? :smile:
Reply 3
No worries! Doesn't Plymouth only have foundation years or have I completely misunderstood that? Wow great uni choices you have there, congrats on the offer from Edinburgh!! Yes she has answered but hasn't written the reference yet, ugh, hope she writes that soon so I can FINALLY send my application!
Reply 4
Original post by napsy
No worries! Doesn't Plymouth only have foundation years or have I completely misunderstood that? Wow great uni choices you have there, congrats on the offer from Edinburgh!! Yes she has answered but hasn't written the reference yet, ugh, hope she writes that soon so I can FINALLY send my application!

Haha I put Bsc nutrition exercise and health for Plymouth. Edinburgh's good but I just can't picture myself in Scotland! Ahh I see.. Hope your referee finish writing your reference soon since Christmas's coming. There might be a rush of applicants trying to submit before that :smile: Of all the Unis I still like Exeter most :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by EilLudwig
Haha I put Bsc nutrition exercise and health for Plymouth. Edinburgh's good but I just can't picture myself in Scotland! Ahh I see.. Hope your referee finish writing your reference soon since Christmas's coming. There might be a rush of applicants trying to submit before that :smile: Of all the Unis I still like Exeter most :tongue:

I know! I really hope I could send it before Christmas......
Hahah okay, but great you got the offer from your first choice!! Unconditional?
I've applied for Edinburgh, Edinburgh Napier, Glasgow and Aberdeen for Sport Science, but Dundee for Sport Biomedicine! :smile:

What qualifications do you guys have?
Reply 7
Original post by napsy
I know! I really hope I could send it before Christmas......
Hahah okay, but great you got the offer from your first choice!! Unconditional?

Conditional cause I haven't finish my diploma :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by JayStudent
I've applied for Edinburgh, Edinburgh Napier, Glasgow and Aberdeen for Sport Science, but Dundee for Sport Biomedicine! :smile:

What qualifications do you guys have?

Great :smile: Any news yet? I'm doing Diploma in Business Informatics in Singapore. Quite irrelevant so thank god the unis I've applied for are willing to accept me as long as i meet their language and GPAs requirement! Plymouth however offer me foundation instead of year 1 entry :x
Reply 9
Original post by luccxxx
I have applied for UCP Marjon(Plymouth), Portsmouth, Exeter, Bath and Southampton Solent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yay! Hope you'll get your offer soon and who knows.. we might end up in Exeter together :smile:
Great :smile: Any news yet? I'm doing Diploma in Business Informatics in Singapore. Quite irrelevant so thank god the unis I've applied for are willing to accept me as long as i meet their language and GPAs requirement! Plymouth however offer me foundation instead of year 1 entry :x

Nope not heard anything yet! Ohh I see, I'm looking to join Year three hahaha!
Reply 11
Nope not heard anything yet! Ohh I see, I'm looking to join Year three hahaha!

Ooh.. What did you study? Most unis don't offer straight to year 3 if I'm not wrong Ö
Ooh.. What did you study? Most unis don't offer straight to year 3 if I'm not wrong Ö

It's because I did a HND tho which is like equivalent to the first two years at university!
Reply 13
It's because I did a HND tho which is like equivalent to the first two years at university!

I see.. Best of luck! don't worry too much on the news yet cause most of the applicants flood to submit before Christmas :smile:
I am currently at Exeter university studying sports science. Any questions ask away!
Reply 15
Original post by Siangoodwin32
I am currently at Exeter university studying sports science. Any questions ask away!

Hey :smile: what do you think about the course and the environment?
Personally I think everyone is stuck up so I'm changing university's next year. I don't like the atmosphere and everyone is so unfriendly. I was out on freshers week and got started on because I was chatting to a lad in my course and this girl wasn't even his girlfriend and had met him a few hours ago and they said you don't live with us so don't bother speaking to us. It's a very personal opinion I just hate it.

The course is really good though! If you want to do something in sports science then it's perfect. I was going to complete this degree then do a PGCE and become a teacher but I can't stand the maths and stuff I don't need to even know. Just different people get different stuff out of it.

However the campus and city are lovely, nightlife isn't impressive. Clubs close at 2am which is shocking. The sport society's have a lot of socials so aslong as you get into one of them you should be ok.
Reply 17
Original post by Siangoodwin32
Personally I think everyone is stuck up so I'm changing university's next year. I don't like the atmosphere and everyone is so unfriendly. I was out on freshers week and got started on because I was chatting to a lad in my course and this girl wasn't even his girlfriend and had met him a few hours ago and they said you don't live with us so don't bother speaking to us. It's a very personal opinion I just hate it.

The course is really good though! If you want to do something in sports science then it's perfect. I was going to complete this degree then do a PGCE and become a teacher but I can't stand the maths and stuff I don't need to even know. Just different people get different stuff out of it.

However the campus and city are lovely, nightlife isn't impressive. Clubs close at 2am which is shocking. The sport society's have a lot of socials so aslong as you get into one of them you should be ok.

Hey pardon the late reply, just came back from a short vacation. Awww I'm so sorry to hear that:frown: Where are you transferring to?
Reply 18
Original post by luccxxx
Firmed my offer at Portsmouth :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats:tongue: Hope you have an awesome Uni experience xo
Starting a brand new course at Plymouth University x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending