The Student Room Group

Vet Medlink 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ailsab96
I guess we must all be in Derby hall, because I am too :smile:
I am so excited - hopefully it is as good as I imagine it is!
I am coming from Hampshire, so not as far as some of you :smile:

wooo! A Hampshire person :d

I'm in my second year at Nottingham now, just to let you know that the vet med-link course is held on the main university campus which is a bit of a concrete jungle (it's certainly not very pleasant on the eye!), the actual vet school is on the Sutton Bonington campus which is about 20 minutes outside of Nottingham, it's out in the country and is really nice and pretty :smile:

If any of you have any questions about Nottingham or just applying in general feel free to send me a message or quote me in this thread :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by jamsie555
wooo! A Hampshire person :d

I'm in my second year at Nottingham now, just to let you know that the vet med-link course is held on the main university campus which is a bit of a concrete jungle (it's certainly not very pleasant on the eye!), the actual vet school is on the Sutton Bonington campus which is about 20 minutes outside of Nottingham, it's out in the country and is really nice and pretty :smile:

If any of you have any questions about Nottingham or just applying in general feel free to send me a message or quote me in this thread :smile:

Ahh thank you :smile: I haven't decided where to apply yet, so I may have to pick your brains at some point!
Ahh thank you :smile: I haven't decided where to apply yet, so I may have to pick your brains at some point!

All I'll say is don't let the location of vet medlink put you off applying to Nottingham! :tongue:
Reply 23
Original post by jamsie555
All I'll say is don't let the location of vet medlink put you off applying to Nottingham! :tongue:

Hahaha I won't :wink:
Less than a week to go! I'm from London and staying at Derby Hall. Hi, guys!
I'm going for the three days staying in Derby hall, I'm from lincoln so only about an hour away :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Hi! i'm Katie and going for the 3 days, i'm from near Hull so not that far :smile: i'm in derby hall too, looks like that's where majority are :smile: really looking forward to it!! I'm a bit worried about what to take because knowing me i'll take way too much for just the 3 days :L
Reply 27
Original post by kw27
Hi! i'm Katie and going for the 3 days, i'm from near Hull so not that far :smile: i'm in derby hall too, looks like that's where majority are :smile: really looking forward to it!! I'm a bit worried about what to take because knowing me i'll take way too much for just the 3 days :L

See i would normally do that but i don't have the option as my coach limits me to one bag:frown: i don't know i am going to fit it all in aha!
Heyy :smile: I'm just wondering what we're supposed to do for food for Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday??? Thankies :smile:
Hey guys, I'm going for the full 5 days! I'm also from Hampshire! Looking forward to meeting everyone! :biggrin: Although I am in Sherwood Hall, anyone else in that one? :s
Reply 30
Original post by sofiapritchard
Heyy :smile: I'm just wondering what we're supposed to do for food for Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday??? Thankies :smile:

I think i read somewhere to take money :smile:

Original post by Beth222
See i would normally do that but i don't have the option as my coach limits me to one bag:frown: i don't know i am going to fit it all in aha!

oh really? suppose that's lucky in a way, i should try that! haha! are you going with school or an organised trip with you being with a coach? :smile:
You can buy meals in the halls catered cafeterias. In the booklet it says lunch is roughly £4.50 and dinner is £6.50. Only two days now. Anyone else quite nervous?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, do any of you know what we should wear? Casual or Smart?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by Sophie.Hext
Hey guys, I'm going for the full 5 days! I'm also from Hampshire! Looking forward to meeting everyone! :biggrin: Although I am in Sherwood Hall, anyone else in that one? :s

Yay Hampshire! You might get to mix with people from the other courses if you are in another hall, because Vet Medlink overlaps with the Medicine and Dentistry ones etc. but I don't know :L

Original post by Sherlock-4869
Hi, do any of you know what we should wear? Casual or Smart?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was wondering about that too - I was just going to go for normal clothes, not overly posh, but not sloppy either :L I know that probably doesn't help!
Hi Guys, I'm in Derby House as well, so looking forward to meeting some of you! What sort of time are you planning to arrive?
Reply 35
Hey im Emily and coming from Surrey - I am staying in the Sherwood hall, anyone else?
Yay Hampshire! You might get to mix with people from the other courses if you are in another hall, because Vet Medlink overlaps with the Medicine and Dentistry ones etc. but I don't know :L

I was wondering about that too - I was just going to go for normal clothes, not overly posh, but not sloppy either :L I know that probably doesn't help!

I think I'll just go for jeans and a blazer. Thanks! 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
My name is Charlotte and I'll be staying in Derby Hall too. I'm travelling from Cambridge and will be staying from the 14th to the 18th. It would be good to know some people aiming for the same goal- going to through applying together. I'm writing this really late but if you want to hang out/ feel like you know someone at the event, message me and we can meet up there or something. A lot of the time it's really hard to get to know people outside of the groups they put you in.
Original post by Emily1235
Hey im Emily and coming from Surrey - I am staying in the Sherwood hall, anyone else?

Yeah, I'm in Sherwood hall! :smile: you doing the 5 days? I'm sophie by the way!
Hi, I'm Hannah. I'm in Sherwood too :smile: do you know what kind of time you are going tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending