The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Hey, finally got my invitation for an interview via Skype. Can someone tell me what should I expect from the interview and how to prepare? PLEASE! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 701
Original post by veidar45
Hey, finally got my invitation for an interview via Skype. Can someone tell me what should I expect from the interview and how to prepare? PLEASE! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interviews will vary depending on what subject, so what subject have you got one for? :smile:
Reply 702
Ive got an interview for vhemival engineering :smile: anyone else got an interview for anything? Im really nervous thouagh :s-smilie:
Reply 703
Original post by Zaphod77
Interviews will vary depending on what subject, so what subject have you got one for? :smile:

Computer Science :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 704
Original post by Sabrina09
Any chemical eng offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got an interview on 5th March! what about you?
Reply 705
im a bit worried about my application, I have recieved an invitation to an interview day for chem eng but it hasnt changed on my ucas track at all??? this happened to anyome else here? Could you please let me know bc im a bit confused by what this means
Reply 706
Original post by daehyuns
im a bit worried about my application, I have recieved an invitation to an interview day for chem eng but it hasnt changed on my ucas track at all??? this happened to anyome else here? Could you please let me know bc im a bit confused by what this means

Your ucas doesn't change because of an interview... You go the interview, then you get an offer on UCAS :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 707
Original post by aallen
Just wondering, who is thinking of applying to Birmingham for 2014 entry?
I'm applying to study English.

I am applying to do english literature at birmingham :smile: mine went off today. Just waiting now. where have you applied to?
Reply 708
Hey guys,

I am applying to do english literature at birmingham. Has anyone else applied here for english too?
Original post by iLayton
the Meal card looks like a good idea, if for some reason you can't cook for yourself, or you don't want to walk back to your halls in-between lectures to get food, you can just get it at the uni!
I'm doing Mechanical Engineering

Catered is deffo not worth it, IMHO, its like £6 cheaper a week for the same thing and that £6 difference you'll probs just waste or lose most weeks plus self-catered you have absolute control of what you eat and when and could choose to eat cheaper than £46 a week...
PS: whooop! someone else daft enough to pick Mech Eng :P, you on the MEng?
Reply 710
Original post by Mailedfist
Catered is deffo not worth it, IMHO, its like £6 cheaper a week for the same thing and that £6 difference you'll probs just waste or lose most weeks plus self-catered you have absolute control of what you eat and when and could choose to eat cheaper than £46 a week...
PS: whooop! someone else daft enough to pick Mech Eng :P, you on the MEng?

Yeah don't worry, I'm definitely going self-catered! I like to cook my own food, and I know it's way over-Priced! haha, gotta love it! No unfortunately not, I achieved AAB, so applied for the BEng, but I plan on transferring as soon as possible, as long as I get the 60% or whatever the requirement is! I guess it doesn't make much difference, because if you get less than that, you have to transfer down anyway!

Are you firming BHam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 711
Hey guys, congratulations to all who have recieved offers! :biggrin:

I'm recieved an offer for Medical science, but i am still waiting for a medicine offer.
Was wondering if anyone else is still waiting and has anyone been rejected yet?
Reply 712
After 3 hours is my Skype interview (for Computer Science). Wish me luck! :biggrin:
Reply 713
Original post by Paige95
Hey guys, congratulations to all who have recieved offers! :biggrin:

I'm recieved an offer for Medical science, but i am still waiting for a medicine offer.
Was wondering if anyone else is still waiting and has anyone been rejected yet?

Have you had an interview? People are still waiting, and some people will be waiting for a long time yet; don't give up hope! Last year I didn't get my offer for interview until mid-January, and then my offer didn't come through until April, so stay hopeful :smile: Well done on your Medical Science offer!

Original post by veidar45
After 3 hours is my Skype interview (for Computer Science). Wish me luck! :biggrin:

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine, the only advice I can give is don't panic :smile:
Offer for human biology ABB :h: very happy!
Original post by iLayton
No unfortunately not, I achieved AAB, so applied for the BEng, but I plan on transferring as soon as possible, as long as I get the 60% or whatever the requirement is! I guess it doesn't make much difference, because if you get less than that, you have to transfer down anyway!

Are you firming BHam?

True, yeah I'm pretty sure Bham is gunna be my firm. Got a good offer and its a great university in a good city, then I think Lobro BEng as my backup...
You gonna do a year abroad/in industry?
Reply 716
True, yeah I'm pretty sure Bham is gunna be my firm. Got a good offer and its a great university in a good city, then I think Lobro BEng as my backup...
You gonna do a year abroad/in industry?

Ahh awesome, what was your offer? Haha, i started in Lboro this year, and left after 2 weeks, the place is so ****! Yeah, i want to do a year in industry, doing a year abroad would be pretty cool as well!
Original post by iLayton
Ahh awesome, what was your offer? Haha, i started in Lboro this year, and left after 2 weeks, the place is so ****! Yeah, i want to do a year in industry, doing a year abroad would be pretty cool as well!

ahhh well Bham gave me an offer of A in maths and one other A so I think I'm gunna be at Bham. Is Lobro really that bad? what was so bad with it? :s
Reply 718
ahhh well Bham gave me an offer of A in maths and one other A so I think I'm gunna be at Bham. Is Lobro really that bad? what was so bad with it? :s

SO have you already completed an A-level? Obviously it is good for engineering, but everything else was terrible, absolute crap town, crap night life, and just pretty much nothing to do! I just hated it there, and wished i had gone to a city :P
Original post by iLayton
SO have you already completed an A-level? Obviously it is good for engineering, but everything else was terrible, absolute crap town, crap night life, and just pretty much nothing to do! I just hated it there, and wished i had gone to a city :P

Hahahahahahaha I discounted it due it being a town too, also its surprisingly not Russell group and no not completed any yet just done 4 AS and had an interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending