The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Rejected by Greenwich.

I sent off my application on Monday and received a conditional offer from another university the next day. I received an email today and I was really excited but then I saw that Greenwich rejected me on track. It's a bit of a shock to me. I have higher grades than they want and received a lot of positive feedback on my personal statement from others, but I was still rejected? I have emailed Greenwich for feedback as to why I was rejected but I find that a bit pointless.

My question, would they re-consider my application if I ask them to or is that it? I applied for law LLB.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

EDIT: I've just received an offer from another university. So that's two offers and one rejection so far. Would you say that's okay?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by AnonymousHearts
I sent off my application on Monday and received a conditional offer from another university the next day. I received an email today and I was really excited but then I saw that Greenwich rejected me on track. It's a bit of a shock to me. I have higher grades than they want and received a lot of positive feedback on my personal statement from others, but I was still rejected? I have emailed Greenwich for feedback as to why I was rejected but I find that a bit pointless.

My question, would they re-consider my application if I ask them to or is that it? I applied for law LLB.

EDIT: I've just received an offer from another university. So that's two offers and one rejection so far. Would you say that's okay?

To answer the question at hand, no it is unlikely they would reconsider your application if you asked them.

I too have suffered a rejection and the feeling is horrible. The best thing you can do is ask for feedback and move on. You should celebrate the fact that you have two offers!

If it still bothers you, you could reapply next year.
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 2

It's a crappy university if you can call it that anyways so do not worry.
Original post by BC95
To answer the question at hand, no it is unlikely they would reconsider your application if you asked them.

I too have suffered a rejection and the feeling is horrible. The best thing you can do is ask for feedback and move on. You should celebrate the fact that you have two offers!

If it still bothers you, you could reapply next year.

Yes the feeling's horrible, especially because the other universities that have made me an offer want the grades I have whereas Greenwich want lower grades so I'm not sure why I was rejected there. I hope they'll give me a reason strong enough. Their rejection has made me lose a lot of confidence.

I'm sorry you had to go through the same. I guess the only thing I can do is move on. Thanks for your reply :smile:
Original post by Soft Cat
It's a crappy university if you can call it that anyways so do not worry.

Lol. You definitely made me feel better about it. I planned for Greenwich to be my ultimate insurance choice, just in case I don't get the grades I want, but I guess not. Oh well :smile:
Reply 5
Yes the feeling's horrible, especially because the other universities that have made me an offer want the grades I have whereas Greenwich want lower grades so I'm not sure why I was rejected there. I hope they'll give me a reason strong enough. Their rejection has made me lose a lot of confidence.

I'm sorry you had to go through the same. I guess the only thing I can do is move on. Thanks for your reply :smile:

No problem :smile: Don't loose faith in your ability, sometimes universities turn away great students.
Original post by BC95
No problem :smile: Don't loose faith in your ability, sometimes universities turn away great students.

:smile:
Reply 7
You're not missing out. In the worst case when you don't make the grades for your firm, there are still plenty of great universities that are miles better than greenwich for law in clearing.
They may have just made an error. The same thing happened to me for Bournemouth Uni and i called them emailed them and suddenly track changed to conditional.

Unless your personal statement was full of grammar and spelling errors i can't see why they would reject you.
Don't let it dishearten you though since i doubt i'll even use Greenwich as a insurance since it's really bad.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9

Hello,

don't worry about it. Like others said it's not like going to Greenwich is the best uni you can go to. It's one of the worst for law. Btw where did you get accepted and what are your other options?
Original post by Nitrogen
You're not missing out. In the worst case when you don't make the grades for your firm, there are still plenty of great universities that are miles better than greenwich for law in clearing.

I guess there are plenty of better unis than Greenwich for law. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the unis making a decision :biggrin:
Original post by lipslikemorphine
They may have just made an error. The same thing happened to me for Bournemouth Uni and i called them emailed them and suddenly track changed to conditional.

Unless your personal statement was full of grammar and spelling errors i can't see why they would reject you.
Don't let it dishearten you though since i doubt i'll even use Greenwich as a insurance since it's really bad.

Really? I really hope they made a mistake then, but no worries if they didn't, I'll just move on from that. My personal statement had no grammar and spelling errors. If Greenwich is that bad, then I don't mind being rejecting from the uni after all. I just hope that no other uni will reject me.

:smile:
I am came on this thread thinking it was a troll...
Original post by anatolia3
Hello,

don't worry about it. Like others said it's not like going to Greenwich is the best uni you can go to. It's one of the worst for law. Btw where did you get accepted and what are your other options?

I've received an offer from Brunel and Coventry (London campus), which I've heard are better than Greenwich if I'm not wrong. All unis I applied for are in London, I wouldn't be able to stand going out of London. Call me weird, I know!
Reply 14
I've received an offer from Brunel and Coventry (London campus), which I've heard are better than Greenwich if I'm not wrong. All unis I applied for are in London, I wouldn't be able to stand going out of London. Call me weird, I know!

congrats!they are both better than Greenwich, so don't worry :smile:
Original post by Splenge007
I am came on this thread thinking it was a troll...

Lol if only I was actually trolling... but it's reality :tongue:.
Reply 16
Lol if only I was actually trolling... but it's reality :tongue:.

I feel bad for you
Original post by anatolia3
congrats!they are both better than Greenwich, so don't worry :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by rika--chan
I feel bad for you

Aw, me too!
Reply 19
Aw, me too!

Bless your heart smile! did you apply to any other unis if not you need to give yourself a wide range never apply to just one uni can you give me an idea of what you put as your personal statement? also unis need you to pass there little exam thing they give you it could be you didnt live up to what they expect of a student good luck in getting into uni dont let this get you down you will find a uni that you love and get accepted into! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending