The Student Room Group

I want to cry how can I warm up quickly?

Any tips I have just got home and am wearing 2 jumpers, one pair of leggings and a pair of I have no ideas whose jogging bottoms. I am freezing any tips to warm up quicker also I am under my duvet wrapped in my blanket.

Scroll to see replies

Raid your mum's cupboard for towels and blankets, and make a sort of snuggly cave over yourself with them :redface:
Put your feet in a bucket of warm water and drink a hot drink. Or shower and then drink a hot drink. This ALWAYS does the trick for me.
Reply 3
Crying (or sobbing) would actually probably help your situation.
Have sex with your flatmate. That'll warm you both up.
Reply 5
Original post by Maid Marian
Raid your mum's cupboard for towels and blankets, and make a sort of snuggly cave over yourself with them :redface:

I actually used to do that as a teen I might just do that I have put on 3 of my dressing gowns but I am still freezing :frown:
put your wrist under a warm tap
Reply 7
Original post by Vixen47
Put your feet in a bucket of warm water and drink a hot drink. Or shower and then drink a hot drink. This ALWAYS does the trick for me.

I literally can not move to do so :'(
Put the heating on. Put a towel over the radiator. When the towel is hot wrap it around yourself.
Do some press-ups, and ab exercises:tongue:
Reply 10
lyk dis if u cry every tiem

Spoiler

Reply 11
Original post by Vixen47

Very good advice. Especially soaking your feet before bed. :smile:

Also, get outside and start walking quickly/running. It's horrible at first but after a few minutes you'll completely warm up, then if you continue for about 15-20 mins you'll get warm and stay warm for a while.

I feel your pain. I hate the cold too :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by Steezy
Crying (or sobbing) would actually probably help your situation.

I should probably cry into a cup and then drink it as it might be warm and act as a hot drink lmao but if I do start crying or sobbing then get to the stage of where snot is coming out like a four year old what do I do lol
Reply 13
Original post by lou 22
I should probably cry into a cup and then drink it as it might be warm and act as a hot drink lmao but if I do start crying or sobbing then get to the stage of where snot is coming out like a four year old what do I do lol

Yes, all that disgusting stuff you mentioned, plus crying will move your body (much like shivering) and warm you up.

But go ahead and drink your tears and cry mucus from your nose.
Reply 14
Original post by Oliver Queen
Have sex with your flatmate. That'll warm you both up.

I don't have a flatmate :frown: although if I did I wouldn't do that as I am not that kind of girl but who knows i actially might lol. Although sex would actually be a good idea to warm me up although I would be as stiff as a ironing board so not as flexible as I could be.
Reply 15
Original post by Pennyarcade
put your wrist under a warm tap

If I did this my hand is liable to fall off I am like a ice box.
Reply 16
Original post by snowyowl
Put the heating on. Put a towel over the radiator. When the towel is hot wrap it around yourself.

I will do this for my hands I also have my blow heater on.
Reply 17
Original post by HarrisxK
Do some press-ups, and ab exercises:tongue:

I am a ice box no can do, although I do have pretty decent abs for someone who don't do as much exercise.
Reply 18
Original post by Milostar
Very good advice. Especially soaking your feet before bed. :smile:

Also, get outside and start walking quickly/running. It's horrible at first but after a few minutes you'll completely warm up, then if you continue for about 15-20 mins you'll get warm and stay warm for a while.

I feel your pain. I hate the cold too :frown:

I am glued to my bed I still can not warm up. My whole body feels like I have pins and needles.

Winter sucks :frown: .
Reply 19
Original post by Steezy
Yes, all that disgusting stuff you mentioned, plus crying will move your body (much like shivering) and warm you up.

But go ahead and drink your tears and cry mucus from your nose.

It really was a disgusting post sorry for that but crikey I have to do my acuweather check cause I swear it is minus degrees.

Quick Reply

Latest