The Student Room Group

Squats and Scooby Snacks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheBhramaBull
Hey mate, you got any tips for improving pull ups? They're my worst lift, I can pretty much do none.

Use partials and negatives. If you have a pull-up machine that takes weight off, use that too. It lets you 'pull up' less weight, and you can work towards being able to do full bodyweight pull ups

I don't really do pull ups though, so I'm not the best person to ask.

Original post by AreebWithaHat
scooby's thread is now the ask fitness questions thread.

What can I say, eh. I like helping people.
Not much to update ya'll with, but hey ho.

I'm just about rolling into keto station. It's been a bumpy ride, although I'm finely starting to feel human.

Weighed in at 87kg this morning, down from 90kg on Friday. Dat water weight loss! It's good for the motivation.

I haven't trained since Friday, still feeling a little bit run down from being ill last week. The diet obviously isn't helping recovery, although YOLO. The 'worry about my health' ship has long sailed...

Worked a solid 9 hours this past weekend though, which involves walking around a supermarket pushing a big heavy trolley. That counts as cardio, so all is good :colone:

Getting back in the gym tomorrow.
10th December 2013 -

Cut - Day 5

Shoulders & Biceps :biggrin:

Shoulders:

Hammer press -
70kg X 7,5

Hammer press/side lateral raise (superset) -
40kg/6kg X 20/20, 11/10

Side lateral raise -
10kg X 10, 9, 8

Side lateral raise (dropset) -
12kg/8kg X 6/6
12.5kg/8kg X 4/6

Side lateral raise/front lateral raise (dropset) -
8kg X 12/8, 8/4

Side lateral raise (seated) -
8kg X 10, 8

Biceps:

EZ curl/DB curl (dropset) -
EZ+20kg/6kg X 12/8, 6/6, 4/6

Seated DB curls -
8kg X 8, 7, 7

Cable curls -
15kg X 12, 8, 7

Pretty good volume considering I'm eating like an Ethiopian.
eat moar you ethiopian child or I'll have to donate £2 a month for you...
eat moar you ethiopian child or I'll have to donate £2 a month for you...

Donations are welcome.
11th December 2013 -

Cut - Day 6

Weight down to 86.5kg

Quads/Calves :cry2:

Quads:

Barbell squat -
100kg X 6
120kg X 3,3
100kg X 10, 6

Incline leg press -
160kg X 8,7

Leg extension -
60kg X 12, 10

Calves -

Standing calf raise -
16 on the weight stack X 8, 6, 5

Seated calf raise -
35kg X 10, 5

Training legs on a low calorie keto diet makes you question everything in life. When you're at the bottom of a squat struggling to grind out 6 reps on a weight you can usually hit 15+ on, you look back at each and every one of those extra calories you consumed, with bitter resentment and self loathing.

With the exception of the workout, I'm feeling good today. Diet is going nicely, clean and low calorie, and I'm making some nice loses.

Strength and endurance has gone to complete and utter ****, but I'm not too fussed. I'm not an athlete or power lifter, so it doesn't really concern me to temporarily lose them in the name of aesthetics.
A lovely lady named Diana came to see me this morning, bringing with her some Christmas presents for me.

She brought with her thirst quenching Tropicana and mouth watering Toblerone, as well as all sorts of other sugary snacks.

Before she left, she gave me some words of wisdom.

She said "Scoobie, if you drink dat der Tropicana, and eat dat der Toblerone, test yourself weekly and eat clean, you will dembolish your goals in 2014, and you will be be a winnyer."

I smiled, hugged her and thanked her for her words of wisdom.

Excytomeling times ahead, bros.
Thursday 12th December 2013

Cut - Day 7

Bodyweight - 85.8KG

Fasted AM Cardio - Walk in the woods.

12.12.13.JPG

12.12.13 chart.JPG

Took a cold bicep shot this morning. Starting to get some definition in it now that I'm not mega bloated.

Bicep.jpg
Biceps looking big. Do you have a dog or just walk on your own? I never trust anyone walking without a dog in the morning...
Biceps looking big. Do you have a dog or just walk on your own? I never trust anyone walking without a dog in the morning...

On my own. It's made even worse by the fact that I'm wearing trainers, trackies and a hoodie. I make a concious effort to smile at all the old people I pass so they don't think I'm a mugger... (serious)
Didn't realise you had started a blog, in!

Strong choice to start a cut in the winter, brave man. What is your current calorie/macro intake?
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
On my own. It's made even worse by the fact that I'm wearing trainers, trackies and a hoodie. I make a concious effort to smile at all the old people I pass so they don't think I'm a mugger... (serious)

I've noticed the clothing you wear has a big impact on how people perceive you. When I'm smartly dressed for placement, people will sit with me on the train. When I'm coming for lectures and I have a hoodie, trackers, trainers, hat and those black fingerless gloves on not one person will dare to sit with me. Even old people will stand rather than sit next to me.

The power of intimidation. Feelsgood.
I've noticed the clothing you wear has a big impact on how people perceive you. When I'm smartly dressed for placement, people will sit with me on the train. When I'm coming for lectures and I have a hoodie, trackers, trainers, hat and those black fingerless gloves on not one person will dare to sit with me. Even old people will stand rather than sit next to me.

The power of intimidation. Feelsgood.

Chav mode: Activate
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
A lovely lady named Diana came to see me this morning, bringing with her some Christmas presents for me.

She brought with her thirst quenching Tropicana and mouth watering Toblerone, as well as all sorts of other sugary snacks.

Before she left, she gave me some words of wisdom.

She said "Scoobie, if you drink dat der Tropicana, and eat dat der Toblerone, test yourself weekly and eat clean, you will dembolish your goals in 2014, and you will be be a winnyer."

I smiled, hugged her and thanked her for her words of wisdom.

Excytomeling times ahead, bros.

I read that as Tropicana and mouth watering Trenbolone :smile: haha
Original post by pinda.college
Didn't realise you had started a blog, in!

Strong choice to start a cut in the winter, brave man. What is your current calorie/macro intake?

It's not a long cut, just up until Christmas, well the 23rd. No way in hell I am cutting over Xmas....
Going on an EPIC bulk in the New Year, so want to start off a little leaner.

Going keto, < 1500~ calories a day. Mainly protein, lowish fat, and pretty much zero carb (trace amounts from veg).
****ty diet for performance, and definitely not sustainable, although for a couple of weeks it's ok.

Original post by 'Ello Dave!
I read that as Tropicana and mouth watering Trenbolone :smile: haha

You said it, not me :wink:
I'm strictly talking about chocolate and fruit juice... :colone:
In for mods raping Dave.
In for mods raping Dave.

I just mentioned the name of an anabolic steroid. I haven't advocated their use.
I just mentioned the name of an anabolic steroid. I haven't advocated their use.

I understand bro.

Unfortunately they do not...
Blue card coming your way, bro.

This is an orange juice free zone. We're all on zero sugar diets here.

Quick Reply

Latest