The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Ah, okay :biggrin:

Does the mean "number" or quantity or something.

is the measure word for small animals, such as dogs and cats.

If you want to have a look at measure words, here's a link to a list of all the major ones, including characters in both simplified and traditional script, pinyin and nouns commonly used with each measure word.

http://chinesenotes.com/ref_measure_words.htm
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ronove
Meinst du nicht weiter so?

Hejsa alle sammen!

I think I just found out yesterday that I can't take Physics and Chemistry B before I've done Physics and Chemistry C (or possibly just the practical courses for C level), despite what I previously thought I'd read. So... my plans are being put back a year. I'm quite glad of it actually, I think I'll be glad of the chance to space things out a bit and be more thorough with my Danish-learning and just generally stress less. Definitely going to sign up for Danish classes soon too!

Roney! Hejsa! :biggrin:

I think that's indeed how Kallisto used it, ja. kjrjdjcl

Gut zu hören! Too much science all at once, is not good for the soul :grin:
Does anybody have any knowledges on what the 2010s are called? Kallisto :wink:
"I grew up in the ..." Twenty-teens? :tongue:
Original post by super_kawaii
is the measure word for small animals, such as dogs and cats.

If you want to have a look at measure words, here's a link to a list of all the major ones, including characters in both simplified and traditional script, pinyin and nouns commonly used with each measure word.

http://chinesenotes.com/ref_measure_words.htm

Yikes!

This is going to be fun :redface:
Original post by thatitootoo
Does anybody have any knowledges on what the 2010s are called? Kallisto :wink:
"I grew up in the ..." Twenty-teens? :tongue:

I thought it was "noughties, tens/teenies, twenties, thirties..." but that might not be right :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scott18044
I thought it was "noughties, tens/teenies, twenties, thirties..." but that might not be right :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh it's 'noughties' not 'nillties' lol
I had never even heard of those before...I don't think I could say 'teenies' with a straight face though :wink:

I suppose what decade you "grew up" in is not really something people talk about anymore..."born in the nineties" genügt :biggrin:
Original post by thatitootoo
Ahhh it's 'noughties' not 'nillties' lol
I had never even heard of those before...I don't think I could say 'teenies' with a straight face though :wink:

I suppose what decade you "grew up" in is not really something people talk about anymore..."born in the nineties" genügt :biggrin:

I'm not sure if there is a definite word for 10's... It's harder to find something :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9107
x
A couple of tone reminders: is fourth tone. You wrote it with second tone on the page you scanned. 谢谢 is fourth tone followed by neutral tone. xie4xie0.

If you wonder why and are pronounced the same then know that is a relatively new character. It was introduced roughly 100 years ago by reformers who wanted to make Chinese more similar to European languages. Traditionally both the spoken and written language had un-gendered pronouns.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kolya
A couple of tone reminders: is fourth tone. You wrote it with second tone on the page you scanned. 谢谢 is fourth tone followed by neutral tone. xie4xie0.

If you wonder why and are pronounced the same then know that is a relatively new character. It was introduced roughly 100 years ago by reformers who wanted to make Chinese more similar to European languages. Traditionally both the spoken and written language had un-gendered pronouns.

That's to go right? Qu2 I wrote it because that's what I copied and pasted :colondollar:

So it's qù? How is the q pronounced? Like a k?

Aah I see, thanks :smile: that's quite interesting!
Reply 9109
That's to go right? Qu2 I wrote it because that's what I copied and pasted :colondollar:

So it's qù? How is the q pronounced? Like a k?

Aah I see, thanks :smile: that's quite interesting!

The q is pronounced like a ch in English, but pronounced through the teeth. Your tongue should be flat against the back of your upper front teeth and touching the palate above. The u is like the French u.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM
The q is pronounced like a ch in English, but pronounced through the teeth. Your tongue should be flat against the back of your upper front teeth and touching the palate above. The u is like the French u.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, I think I get it :biggrin:

Like (ch)urch but more but more ts ey
Reply 9111
Oh okay, I think I get it :biggrin:

Like (ch)urch but more but more ts ey

Ya that's about right. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yikes!

This is going to be fun :redface:

加油
Original post by AquisM
Ya that's about right. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

加油

Last time. What's that? I'll remember next time the oil lamp.

Is it you can do it?
Reply 9114

Is it you can do it?

Hard to translate exactly, it's just a cheer of encouragement. So you can do it, go on, give it your all... anything along those lines.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it you can do it?

Original post by AquisM
Hard to translate exactly, it's just a cheer of encouragement. So you can do it, go on, give it your all... anything along those lines.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What AquisM said :smile:
Hi, I speak English and British Sign Language. :3 I'm currently choosing another language to learn, leaning towards Polish but so many seem interesting!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AquisM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaah, je vois :yep:

What AquisM said :smile:

J'attends pour mon livre (d')arriver... :tongue:
Aaah, je vois :yep:

J'attends pour mon livre (d')arriver... :tongue:

我希望你的书快到 wo3 xīwàng ni3 de shū kuài dào

I hope your book arrives soon
我希望你的书快到 wo3 xīwàng ni3 de shū kuài dào