The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itsmagic
Oh sorry to hear - but then again, I think you can't tell hugely how it actually went in the eyes of the interviewers so keep positive :smile:
Well I don't know if it actually went well, I felt good when I was in there but they may have not liked me/felt differently etc. I feel like you never really know with interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey just wondering if you scanned just alevel and gcse certificates or sent your work experience and other ones too? did you just scan them or take in photocopies too?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Kitnimohabbathai
hey just wondering if you scanned just alevel and gcse certificates or sent your work experience and other ones too? did you just scan them or take in photocopies too?

I scanned in my GCSE and A Level certificates and sent them through the portal. I didn't take them with me - I did check with the receptionist that they'd received them and she confirmed they had (though I think you have to take them if you don't manage to scan them in). I don't think KCL want work experience references/evidence, just qualifications. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itsmagic
I scanned in my GCSE and A Level certificates and sent them through the portal. I didn't take them with me - I did check with the receptionist that they'd received them and she confirmed they had (though I think you have to take them if you don't manage to scan them in). I don't think KCL want work experience references/evidence, just qualifications. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

great! thanks for your help! :smile: btw how did you check with the receptionist? did you call them?
Original post by Kitnimohabbathai
great! thanks for your help! :smile: btw how did you check with the receptionist? did you call them?

No probs :smile: nope, after my interview I just asked her, just for my own peace of mind!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HHaris14
How come they asked you for a second reference anyway? I only sent one with my Ucas application.

Although it does say on the portal they require 2 references!? Can someone clear this up please, I hope I haven't made a boo boo!

Don't panic! I finally spoke to them and turns out they just messed up my details. Only one reference needed! Xx
Reply 1245
Hey everyone,

I had my interview on wednesday with the asian guy (muhammed Ayub) and the bald guy (John Duckorth).

Does anyonee know when we get to know the outcome?
Reply 1246
Original post by Tinuviel
The SHAs have also been abolished
CCGs commission all healthcare services apart from GP services
GPs are part of the CCGs and receive 60% of the NHS budget
NHS England commission GP services
However, the PCTs used to receive 80% of the NHS budget
Many redundant jobs were gotten rid of in the reforms, including managerial/accounting jobs which have now been incorporated into the job of a GP, who have not received a pay rise.

You so obviously went on AceMedicine course, no?
Reply 1247
Had my interview today, no idea how it went, it was sooo quick, I had the retired GP and another lady interviewing me. I thought they were really nice, bit vague in some of their questions, but I dont know what they thought of me tbh ahah!
Reply 1248
Original post by appleby
same

Did you have to concentrate really hard to hear what the chinese surgeon was saying... (no racism, but he was difficult to understand!)
My interview is coming up and I'm so nervous. At least with other interviews you know what they tend to ask. But with Kings, not even that comfort! Kings might not be very high on the ranking but the competition is a lot tougher than some of the top unis. I hope I will be able to overcome my nerves and do well enough to get an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1250
ok guys i had the retired GP too and the woman and i really think they hated me, it was one of the worst/vaguest interviews yet. dont worry i think we're all feeling the same :frown:
Original post by noaah
ok guys i had the retired GP too and the woman and i really think they hated me, it was one of the worst/vaguest interviews yet. dont worry i think we're all feeling the same :frown:

Why do you think they hated you? And how was it vague?

I'm even more nervous now:-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1252
Does anyone know how long till we hear back after the interviews? I know they say 2-3 weeks but does that mean I might be waiting till jan? I had my interview today! Thanks
Original post by nana96
Does anyone know how long till we hear back after the interviews? I know they say 2-3 weeks but does that mean I might be waiting till jan? I had my interview today! Thanks

How did it go?also how long was your essay?

I read on last years thread about someone receiving an offer 2 days after there interview :redface:
Reply 1254
Original post by MrAli786

How did it go?also how long was your essay?

I read on last years thread about someone receiving an offer 2 days after there interview :redface:

Pretty much like everything else being said on the thread, they were really vague i have no idea what they thought of my tbh! im so worried but all we can do is wait now :frown:
The essay was not what I expected it to be, I felt really rushed but I managed to get something down in time, it was the first side and a few lines on the second side not too long... really dno what to expect anymore
Original post by nana96
Pretty much like everything else being said on the thread, they were really vague i have no idea what they thought of my tbh! im so worried but all we can do is wait now :frown:
The essay was not what I expected it to be, I felt really rushed but I managed to get something down in time, it was the first side and a few lines on the second side not too long... really dno what to expect anymore

Do they specify how long the essay is meant t be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had an interview last Wednesday and I got an email today saying my portal had been updated...heart starts palpitating, hands trembling..."please upload copies of your passport and alevel certificates as we are unable to process your application until we have received these"
Lol what a let down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yolo_kevin
I had an interview last Wednesday and I got an email today saying my portal had been updated...heart starts palpitating, hands trembling..."please upload copies of your passport and alevel certificates as we are unable to process your application until we have received these"
Lol what a let down

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stay positive. Maybe they want the certificates so they can make you an offer :smile:
Original post by MrAli786
Stay positive. Maybe they want the certificates so they can make you an offer :smile:

Thanks I hope you're right...let the waiting continue :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1259
Original post by great life
Why do you think they hated you? And how was it vague?

I'm even more nervous now:-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest i dont know, i think it was more me going wrong than them being cruel. I think if you know your stuff and convey it well they cant ask for more. I just kept talking about random unrelated things and one of them goes 'but thats unrelated'

Quick Reply

Latest