The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cc1805
if you're currently in Y13 you don't need to bring any certificates with you, do you?

Nope :tongue:
Original post by Cryinglightning
Last minute question- my interview Is tomorrow morning, if you bring a bag is there a safe place to put it or do you have to take it round with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, you can leave it in a secure room before you enter the interview area
Reply 1262
Original post by Tinuviel
Nope :tongue:

so all I need is my passport yeah? :biggrin:
Original post by cc1805
so all I need is my passport yeah? :biggrin:

Jeje and a big cheesy grin :biggrin:
Any grad been interviewed with less than 19/25 score?
Don't worry, you can leave it in a secure room before you enter the interview area

Ok thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1266
whats the cut off for interview for undergrads?
Reply 1267
Do they change the stations for each day?
would you say the maths questions were as hard as the 600 ukcat book, because some of those questions require a calulator??????
Ok so I'm honestly NOT asking what any of the stations had or ANYTHING like that at all!!!!

Feel free to not answer this qs also :smile:

Did they ask you 'why medicine' at any point? I only ask this because I find this the most difficult qs annoyingly and I think that asking this is ok because everyone will have prepared a qs for this regardless for their other interviews :smile:

I'm just wondering if people have been asked it during their Leicester ones,

If you think it's not fair to answer this question then by all means don't, that is absolutely fine!!!

Interview tomorrow at 1 pm ahhh!
Original post by Parvathi_x
Ok so I'm honestly NOT asking what any of the stations had or ANYTHING like that at all!!!!

Feel free to not answer this qs also :smile:

Did they ask you 'why medicine' at any point? I only ask this because I find this the most difficult qs annoyingly and I think that asking this is ok because everyone will have prepared a qs for this regardless for their other interviews :smile:

I'm just wondering if people have been asked it during their Leicester ones,

If you think it's not fair to answer this question then by all means don't, that is absolutely fine!!!

Interview tomorrow at 1 pm ahhh!

Whether it is MMI or traditional this is a question you should have prepared regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1271
Do I have a chance for an interview with 56/60? :frown:
Original post by Newtothis83
Whether it is MMI or traditional this is a question you should have prepared regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And I have.... Had to answer it today at newcastle...

Like I said, if you don't want to answer that qs and feel that it's an unfair qs to ask, that's absolutely fine! I just figured I may as well ask,

aanyway,

Good luck to everyone who's got an interview tomorrow or on any of the other days!
Applicants,

As I've said before, the nature of this interview is designed so that you aren't preparing and attending rehearsed.

Also people aren't being evasive with their answers, they just can't share wirh you. So beyond what Leicester has sent to you by way of information is the extent of what you need to know. All in all, it is a fun experience. Enjoy it. And good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LibbyG
When is your interview? I'd hate an unsociable group too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was today at 11.41am :smile: The 3rd and final morning session.

Station 5 was absolutely dreadful..... none of the others seemed too bad in comparison
All of the people from my group also struggled with it so that gives me some reassurance

Original post by Dr. Django
Nice one mate :smile: you'll boss it!! Being sociable is good, meant I was really relaxed when I went it :biggrin:...although I absolutely failed one station completely ;(

Only about 3 hours away, but I was in the last group so didnt leave leicester till 6! (been home for 40mins now though :tongue:)

That really didnt go how I hoped but at least we're through!

Don't worry guys, you're not alone, I messed up station 5 a bit too hahaha :P I'm thinking if many find that one hard then it won't really separate many candidates, as many have done "allegedly" equally as bad?

Yeah, I was talking all day it just helps me relax :smile: And not too bad, better than one guy I know who got home at 3am hahahaha

We're through but it's going to be tough.. we'll see what happens
Sorry for the pessimism but I really don't give a **** if I get an interview or not. .am going to abandon tsr for a bit..
The interviewers and assessors are really friendly imo and made the whole experience so much better - plus the University itself is amazing and the tour guide I had before my interview motivated me, plus really friendly haha.

Overall, probably the most fun interview experience I've had (except for one or two stations haha). You've just got to get over any mistakes you make (if any :wink: )and as long as you've prepared for the basics don't get too worked up - just go with the flow :smile:

Good luck guys
Original post by P I E R E
The interviewers and assessors are really friendly imo and made the whole experience so much better - plus the University itself is amazing and the tour guide I had before my interview motivated me, plus really friendly haha.

Overall, probably the most fun interview experience I've had (except for one or two stations haha). You've just got to get over any mistakes you make (if any :wink: )and as long as you've prepared for the basics don't get too worked up - just go with the flow :smile:

Good luck guys

Totally agree with you! Great advice :smile: I just realised it was actually station 4 that I screwed up :tongue: I did alright in station 5...I realised after how easy it was, I was just a moron :/ Well done though! I just want an offer from somewhere (and I love Leicester)!! I'm just annoyed at myself for screwing it up!
Original post by Dr. Django
Totally agree with you! Great advice :smile: I just realised it was actually station 4 that I screwed up :tongue: I did alright in station 5...I realised after how easy it was, I was just a moron :/ Well done though! I just want an offer from somewhere (and I love Leicester)!! I'm just annoyed at myself for screwing it up!

Even if it was station 5, we may be talking about totally different assessment. They said they change the stations each time. Hopefully you did fine! I really like the dynamic aspect of MMIs.

For people who have an interview coming up (and even if you've had an interview) and are reading any comments, don't assume that one particular station is the hardest (i.e. station 5), because they do change them around and any information given may mislead you and get you worked up for one station and then you end up doing worse than you would've done with out any help. My station 5 might be your station 3 and vice versa - there are mathematically 40320 different combinations of station I think haha (8 factorial?)

Different people will do better/worse on different stations because we are all different. (lol different is not a word anymore now). diff..er..ent.. ugh :s-smilie:

Annyyyyway, I digress - the uni is absolutely lovely, first time I've been and the things I loved were the sports and the library and the O2 Academy and the buildings and the- you get the idea :wink:
Ok Guys, just got back home. Thought it was a fun/weird experience and some stations were very hard. Is it just me or did other people feel like they had no idea how well they did in some stations? Hope it's not just me.

Quick Reply