The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Clinical Sciences at the University of Bradford

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
When I went to visit, they said that they usually gave interviews out to those who lived in the Yorkshire and Humberside area first.

I was wondering if anyone down south had heard anything yet?? (I'm from Kent :P)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 281
Original post by Aiboz
The interview usually consists of two interviewers. In my interview only one of them asked questions where the other just sat there and took notes; he seemed completely zoned out to be honest. It was slightly off-putting as he didn't seem engaged into what I was saying or responded to anything I said. So take note of that and don't be put off by this kind of behaviour - just make sure you occasionally address the other interviewer. I think its just an interviewing technique. It was formal interview but after a while it did seem like a chat. They look at your PS and ask questions from there so make sure you know what you have written and be willing to explain this. Of course your PS will probably been tailored towards Medicine and therefore expect standard medicine interview questions.

Hope this has helped - if you want any more advice on the interview just drop a PM and I'll help as much as I can! :biggrin: Good luck, prepare like you would for standard medical interview and that should exceed what is expected from you :smile: It is much easier and casual than standard medical interviews.

Heyy, was the interview like a normal question answer, get to know you type of thing or was there like academic questions aswell?
Thanks
Reply 282
Original post by DLES312
Has anyone got a rejection letter yet? I have heard nothing and everyone from my school have had interviews for clinical sciences, I have heard nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard nothing... how long ago did you apply?
Hello, I applied in early October, and was interviewed on 15th November. I then received a conditional offer for year 1 on the 16th November (day after). The interview was focused on my PS, they also asked me a lot about AS biology, getting me to explain how the heart works in terms of electrical impulses and where the bloo is pumped to/from and how O2 gets from the air to bodily cells. They also asked about surgical procedures, asking me to explain about coronary stents and pacemakers, which was daunting. Hope this helps, the interviewers were kind of doing a 'bad cop' 'good cop' thing, where one was helping and promoting me whereas one barely said anything. Hope this helps, the interview overall wasn't as formal as expected, the interviewers try to make a relaxed situation and learn your personal statement off by heart!
Original post by Liv Harnby
Hello, I applied in early October, and was interviewed on 15th November. I then received a conditional offer for year 1 on the 16th November (day after). The interview was focused on my PS, they also asked me a lot about AS biology, getting me to explain how the heart works in terms of electrical impulses and where the bloo is pumped to/from and how O2 gets from the air to bodily cells. They also asked about surgical procedures, asking me to explain about coronary stents and pacemakers, which was daunting. Hope this helps, the interviewers were kind of doing a 'bad cop' 'good cop' thing, where one was helping and promoting me whereas one barely said anything. Hope this helps, the interview overall wasn't as formal as expected, the interviewers try to make a relaxed situation and learn your personal statement off by heart!

Are you from the local area of Bradford? I've applied from outside the region as my back up to medicine and heard nothing, what were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 285

Thank you so much! I haven't heard anything from them but just incase I do. Will have to look over my AS biology :s-smilie:
Original post by purplestrawberry
Are you from the local area of Bradford? I've applied from outside the region as my back up to medicine and heard nothing, what were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I am, I think everyone on my interview were from the local area too, not sure why though. Don't worry my friends and I have all had really staggered interview dates for this course. Erm for GCSE I got 4A*'s and 8A's. AS Level aaaab predicted A*AAA. UKCAT= 617.5 (its my back up option too).
Original post by Uroosa
Thank you so much! I haven't heard anything from them but just incase I do. Will have to look over my AS biology :s-smilie:

You're welcome! Yeah that'd be a good idea, they've asked both me and my friends about a 'body system' they let you choose one and you have to talk about them in depth, AS Biology really helped me for this question, good luck if you hear from them! :smile:
Yes I am, I think everyone on my interview were from the local area too, not sure why though. Don't worry my friends and I have all had really staggered interview dates for this course. Erm for GCSE I got 4A*'s and 8A's. AS Level aaaab predicted A*AAA. UKCAT= 617.5 (its my back up option too).

That's ok then, I know they interview locals first so I'm not too worried yet.
Where have you applied to medicine? Heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purplestrawberry
That's ok then, I know they interview locals first so I'm not too worried yet.
Where have you applied to medicine? Heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've applied to Leeds, Edinburgh, Liverpool and Nottingham. And heard nothing. How about you?
Yeah I've applied to Leeds, Edinburgh, Liverpool and Nottingham. And heard nothing. How about you?

Leeds via A2L, Leicester and Plymouth. Got a rejection from Cardiff. 5A*gcses, AABC AS, predicted A*AA, ukcat 710

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 291
You're welcome! Yeah that'd be a good idea, they've asked both me and my friends about a 'body system' they let you choose one and you have to talk about them in depth, AS Biology really helped me for this question, good luck if you hear from them! :smile:

Would you recommend for me to look over the whole of AS biology or just the human biology parts?? Thanks
Original post by Uroosa
Would you recommend for me to look over the whole of AS biology or just the human biology parts?? Thanks

Not the whole of it, they only asked me on diffusion, the lungs and the heart as I'd mentioned them in my personal statement I think. So it's up to you
Reply 293
Should I be worried that I've not heard anything ? I applied 20th November, I also applied to biomed at Bradford and they made me an offer two days later. Evision seems to be down too. :frown:
Hello, I was just wondering how long the interview lasts and what the theme of each question is. I know they ask about a body system but apart from that?
Reply 295
Does anyone know if they are likely to give out any interview offers between now and Christmas ? Is it worth me checking every day ?
I received a letter today for an interview offer, no date as of yet but still chuffed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 297
@purplestrawberry, what region of England are you from? i sent mine on 24th October and am still waiting for a letter, and it's also my first choice.
I sent mine on the 2nd October due to also applying for medicine. I'm not from the local area, from wales!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck. I'm there now (not studying CS). Interview is not tough as Medicine but it will be tricky. Feel free to ask questions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending