The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by P I E R E
Even if it was station 5, we may be talking about totally different assessment. They said they change the stations each time. Hopefully you did fine! I really like the dynamic aspect of MMIs.

For people who have an interview coming up (and even if you've had an interview) and are reading any comments, don't assume that one particular station is the hardest (i.e. station 5), because they do change them around and any information given may mislead you and get you worked up for one station and then you end up doing worse than you would've done with out any help. My station 5 might be your station 3 and vice versa - there are mathematically 40320 different combinations of station I think haha (8 factorial?)

Different people will do better/worse on different stations because we are all different. (lol different is not a word anymore now). diff..er..ent.. ugh :s-smilie:

Annyyyyway, I digress - the uni is absolutely lovely, first time I've been and the things I loved were the sports and the library and the O2 Academy and the buildings and the- you get the idea :wink:

As pierre says, no one should panic; it's a pretty fun day :smile:

I didn't realise that! Fair enough then, they did say that they changed it all :smile: I enjoyed it all too to be honest, did you enjoy being in the final group? I originally thought it would be annoying but it was pretty cool as we just talked and everyone ended up being pretty relaxed come interview time! Leicester is so good!!
Original post by Dr. Django
As pierre says, no one should panic; it's a pretty fun day :smile:

I didn't realise that! Fair enough then, they did say that they changed it all :smile: I enjoyed it all too to be honest, did you enjoy being in the final group? I originally thought it would be annoying but it was pretty cool as we just talked and everyone ended up being pretty relaxed come interview time! Leicester is so good!!

At first I was gutted because I wanted it done and out of the way - I had no idea the group would be split up into 3 sessions.
But by the time I was up, I didn't really mind. It allowed for some time to chill and yeah, like you said, just chat with other candidates and meet different people instead of going in and out with no interaction with anyone.

Seconded, it's a great city. Every time I go to a university, I always fall in love with it...need to stop doing that haha :tongue:
At first I was gutted because I wanted it done and out of the way - I had no idea the group would be split up into 3 sessions.
But by the time I was up, I didn't really mind. It allowed for some time to chill and yeah, like you said, just chat with other candidates and meet different people instead of going in and out with no interaction with anyone.

Seconded, it's a great city. Every time I go to a university, I always fall in love with it...need to stop doing that haha :tongue:

I loved it too. But I'm not too confident about my interview performance. :frown: 1 or 2 stations I genuinely had no idea how good or bad I did. It could really be full marks or zero marks. Did you feel kinda like that for some stations?
Original post by GCSE-help
I loved it too. But I'm not too confident about my interview performance. :frown: 1 or 2 stations I genuinely had no idea how good or bad I did. It could really be full marks or zero marks. Did you feel kinda like that for some stations?

Yeah, don't worry, I feel I messed up one station and possibly another too. I was confident for most of the MMI but it's really hard to tell how well we did but I'm hoping that the stations I did good in were good enough :smile:
Yeah, don't worry, I feel I messed up one station and possibly another too. I was confident for most of the MMI but it's really hard to tell how well we did but I'm hoping that the stations I did good in were good enough :smile:

Yeah same, just one or two stations i'm concerned about. The two most obvious ones I think. I know everyone has different qualities but those two were killers. :colondollar:

For those still to do the interview, just work hard and do normal prep. There's REALLY nothing much you can do. Good luck :smile:
Reply 1285
Anyone else got their interview 1pm on Monday (16th)? So nervous, feel sick thinking about it :frown:
anyone from Ireland applying here? if so I was wondering if you know what kind of grading system they have in place for the interviews, trying to figure out if I have any chance :smile:
Reply 1287
Original post by joeymr
Anyone else got their interview 1pm on Monday (16th)? So nervous, feel sick thinking about it :frown:

Me too :frown:
Original post by joeymr

Original post by spangie

Are you guys graduates?
Original post by joeymr

Original post by spangie

Are you guys graduates?
Reply 1290
Original post by GCSE-help
Are you guys graduates?

Nope, school leaver
Reply 1291
Original post by Dr. Django
DAAAYYYUUM that is pretty long!! Not sure if I want to be in the group that goes on the tour before or after...hmmmmm

I think it'll go quickly at each station though so hopefully it'll feel a lot shorter... I hope I get on the tour after I really just want the interviews out of the way :/
Reply 1292
Original post by joeymr

I have, and trust me you cannot be as nervous as me :/ I haven't slept since about last week :frown: how are you preparing?
Have all the January dates for interviews gone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1294
Original post by StudentAT
Have all the January dates for interviews gone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, not yet - there's still hope!

I've not been posting on here for a while so I sincerely hope that interviews have/are going well for everyone.

If like me and you've not heard, keep the faith :biggrin:.
Original post by Alumno
No, not yet - there's still hope!

I've not been posting on here for a while so I sincerely hope that interviews have/are going well for everyone.

If like me and you've not heard, keep the faith :biggrin:.

What's your score?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1296
Original post by StudentAT
What's your score?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm one of those awkward applicants who can't be easily scored due to my qualifications (I think the phrase they use is "...considered on an individual basis."). So I'm a bit useless on that front I'm afraid!

Are you a grad or school leaver?
hey guys,

I haven't heard back anything yet :frown:

My score is 60, has anyone else with 59 or 60 had an interview yet?
Reply 1298
Original post by purple and gold
hey guys,

I haven't heard back anything yet :frown:

My score is 60, has anyone else with 59 or 60 had an interview yet?

Don't worry - I am sure you will hear soon. Remember that it doesn't matter when you are interviewed (this is not a reflection on you/your application and makes no difference to the outcome).

With 60/60 just try to relax and be patient (I know how impossible this is, but with your score it's the best thing to do :smile: )
Oh dear.
Well....I would say it went okay ish :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest