The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fgfgfg
Gawsh stop being a drama queen. Tons of people are still waiting on a decision, and now that you have one you would eventually have to look at it sooner or later. Just do it.

You are right, it does sound like I'm a drama queen.

But you know what, I never do this. I opened my Oxford rejection straight away. As I have for all the others. But to be honest, for the first time, I'm worried to find out.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 3001
Original post by Manamarak
The thing is, right now, the world is perfect.

Right now, the cat in the box can be either alive or dead, and I cannot know which until I open it.

I applied for Philosophy and Economics, by the way.

I saw the same two emails in my iPhone inbox, yesterday at around 1800 hours.

Let's just say the rest is history. :smile:

Let us know how it goes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right now, the cat in the box can be either alive or dead, and I cannot know which until I open it.

I applied for that aswell, what does it say??? Your previous post made my heart stop :eek:
Reply 3003
I got an offer for BSc Economics (A*AAE) yesterday. I got the 'your application is strong enough to be further considered email'. Then I got an email requesting UMS marks for every A-Level exam I've taken. Then yesterday, I got an offer!
4 Week email... JAHEEZ why can't they just tell me! Just finished my Oxford interviews now so the world is somewhat nicer. I might sue LSE for the anxiety they've caused me! D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EL77
I got an offer for BSc Economics (A*AAE) yesterday. I got the 'your application is strong enough to be further considered email'. Then I got an email requesting UMS marks for every A-Level exam I've taken. Then yesterday, I got an offer!

congrats man! can i ask when did you get the 'your application is strong enough to be further considered email'? thanks!
Reply 3006
You are right, it does sound like I'm a drama queen.

But you know what, I never do this. I opened my Oxford rejection straight away. As I have for all the others. But to be honest, for the first time, I'm worried to find out.

wow this is nerve wrecking... you have to open it eventually... good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3007
Rejected for Government and Economics........
achieved grades: 42 in IB, 7766 in HL (history, english b, maths and econ) + one selftaught subject and 100% in my economics extended essay...
fair enough my maths and econ grades werent perfect and i could have/should have gotten a 7, but LSE said anyways they are impressed by my achievements but although my PS was good, there were similiar applicants with bettter PS..
7 weeks past my 5 week e-mail on friday the 13th....

also applied for IR and am on 5 weeks, but if im rejected on the basis of my personal statement for G&E, this will be the same for IR, since it was more focused on the economic side in my opinion...

this ****ing sucks - dream destroyed
Reply 3008
Does everyone get asked for their UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for this course too! Did you get in? and what were your grades like?
Original post by LittleRedDot
congrats man! can i ask when did you get the 'your application is strong enough to be further considered email'? thanks!

Could you tell me what your gcses/AS/predictions were like.
Reply 3011
Got the four weeks email here!
After waiting for 5 weeks then LSE told me to wait another 4 weeks!!! Can't you just tell me the result?!! Probably, I will hear nothing at all until my another four weeks end.:frown:
Also, I don't think the 4 weeks email means anything at all. It just tells me that I haven't been rejected yet and that's all.:s-smilie:
Original post by NedStark
No problem. I have 4A's in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics. Average UMS of 93.

Maths (292/300)
Further Maths (282/300)
Economics (178/200)
Physics (278/300)

My Maths and Physics UMS are exactly the same as yours, and there is only a difference of one number in my Further Maths and Economics scores xD.
Original post by corax
Does everyone get asked for their UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only think the economics department ask for UMS.
Reply 3014
Original post by Mike_123
I only think the economics department ask for UMS.

Really? My friend got her Eco offer a week ago, but has never been asked for UMS.
I am applying for Eco as well and just got the 4 weeks email after finishing waiting my five weeks and haven't been asked about UMS yet.
My UMS is not good enough and kind of worrying.
Got rejected today - would be fine with it, but they sent me the most soul-crushing email.

Basically said that my Personal Statement didn't show enough interest in Anthropology, or enough preparation for the course. I literally have spent the last year working insane hours between studying to try and build a great wealth of experience and preparedness for my Personal Statement; organising events, doing volunteer work in my local museum, getting funded to do a training course in artifact archiving, raising money for charity, watching lectures etc. I have a child, a job and am on a really low income so have only been able to 'make do' with locally available opportunities and reading books rather than go and explore the world, but I was so proud of my Personal Statement! Feel like nobody is going to give me an offer now... they even linked me to their page to show me what they would expect a 'good' statement to have in it. Talk about cold :frown:

Does anyone know if LSE are a bit funny with Access students? They never asked me for predicted grades, or for any information about why I flunked out of school originally. Just feel so deflated. My Cambridge interview had tonnes of references back to my PS, so I kinda thought that was a positive sign!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by di_1996
Really? My friend got her Eco offer a week ago, but has never been asked for UMS.
I am applying for Eco as well and just got the 4 weeks email after finishing waiting my five weeks and haven't been asked about UMS yet.
My UMS is not good enough and kind of worrying.

I'm pretty sure you have to fill out a questionnaire. I'm not sure though.
Original post by jessology
Got rejected today - would be fine with it, but they sent me the most soul-crushing email.

Basically said that my Personal Statement didn't show enough interest in Anthropology, or enough preparation for the course. I literally have spent the last year working insane hours between studying to try and build a great wealth of experience and preparedness for my Personal Statement; organising events, doing volunteer work in my local museum, getting funded to do a training course in artifact archiving, raising money for charity, watching lectures etc. I have a child, a job and am on a really low income so have only been able to 'make do' with locally available opportunities and reading books rather than go and explore the world, but I was so proud of my Personal Statement! Feel like nobody is going to give me an offer now... they even linked me to their page to show me what they would expect a 'good' statement to have in it. Talk about cold :frown:

Does anyone know if LSE are a bit funny with Access students? They never asked me for predicted grades, or for any information about why I flunked out of school originally. Just feel so deflated. My Cambridge interview had tonnes of references back to my PS, so I kinda thought that was a positive sign!

I'm sure LSE do not discriminate against anyone, be it race, religion or age. Every year loads of top students get rejected from LSE, so you should be proud to have made it this far. You still have Cambridge decision day to look forward to.
Anyone got any offers for Econ and Philosophy yet? :smile:
Original post by Mike_123
I'm sure LSE do not discriminate against anyone, be it race, religion or age. Every year loads of top students get rejected from LSE, so you should be proud to have made it this far. You still have Cambridge decision day to look forward to.

Thank you :smile: I suppose...my interview went very, very badly though so I'm not holding out much hope!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending