The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3520
:-) Oh congrats!! Is that the primary or secondary PGCE?!

Well done you!!

Original post by magic_box
Just found out I've got an offer from St Mary's! :smile: Exciting!

I'm really happy as I loved it on the interview day - however the condition is to have passed my Skills Tests by the 28th Feb! I've already passed Literacy but some serious maths revision to commence over the Christmas holidays I think! (booked for 18th Jan)
Reply 3521
Original post by pthomas112
Manchter met and Worcester for Psychology and IoE for Social Sciences.

Don't be worried, even the assesors seemed to dislike the new UCAS system. Just a waiting game, they only offer my courses in 3 or 4 institutes and i'm not sure of the competition for places, so it may be that they're getting applicants in ASAP

hi i was just wondering if you have had an interview for man met yet?
Reply 3522
Hello!

I have just received a letter from QUB for my ICT PGCE interview on Wednesday (GULP!). I am just wondering if there is anything I need to be preparing for, (other than the normal question and answer process) I am in no way asking for questions and answers.

Thanks
I have an interview for Derby next week!! :-D

The interview process sounds okay, I am more excited than anything. Struggling to find my GCSE certificates though... :-/
Original post by hllovt
Congrats on your interview! :smile: When did you send your application off? I think I send mine off a few days after you, so hopefully I may know today or Monday!! :smile:

I've just realised how bad my spelling was in my last message…that's what you get for trying to type as soon as you wake up. I sent mine off on the 2nd so nearly 2 weeks ago…Ideally I wanted to hear back from my choices before christmas..but that's not looking very likely. x
I just received a letter from UCB, and I have to read a story to a class. Any engaging primary books you guys would recommend?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
3 interviews now! Completely delighted. Thankfully 2 are after Christmas so I've got a bit of time to prepare for them.
Original post by smiler000
yeah we got that impression too that they'd decide on the day, just that no one I met that day (and kept in touch with, was a cool group) has heard. Oh well!!! Hope yours went well!

Thank you :smile: - SOOOOO happy with how it went haha, I actually enjoyed the process!

Hope yours went well soon! Hopefully we'll hear something!

How was Chi on wednesday ?
Reply 3528
Original post by mckee118
Hello!

I have just received a letter from QUB for my ICT PGCE interview on Wednesday (GULP!). I am just wondering if there is anything I need to be preparing for, (other than the normal question and answer process) I am in no way asking for questions and answers.

Thanks

It depends somewhat on the university as to their procedure, so refer to your e-mail for specific instructions. More generally, make sure you're aware of some educational issues (for instance academies/students without English as a first language) and prepared to talk about them.
Original post by cinderella25
I have submitted my application on the 5th of December and am still waiting to get an offer/reply from my choices. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?:confused:

I submitted mine on the 6th and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm not really worried yet because they've only had our applications for a few working days really! This is probably one of the busiest times for them (receiving lots of applications close to the 5th 'deadline') so I'm expecting to wait a little longer than some. I know it's hard, but try and keep yourself busy. No news is good news :smile:
Are we able to view our references?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alabelle
I submitted mine on the 6th and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm not really worried yet because they've only had our applications for a few working days really! This is probably one of the busiest times for them (receiving lots of applications close to the 5th 'deadline') so I'm expecting to wait a little longer than some. I know it's hard, but try and keep yourself busy. No news is good news :smile:

I keep telling myself that last bit!

I know no news is good, but with being away 4th to 12th January (right in interview time but my parents booked the holiday a year ago so I can't turn around now and say I can't go just in case I get an interview...) I was hoping to have heard a bit sooner but I'm not worried per se. I just would have liked a letter from UCAS by now, at the very least with details for track etc, just to put my mind at rest that this is all real!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Sara Jayne
I have an interview that day too, feeling very nervous!!!!

Me too, I'm so so so nervous! Have you been preparing? I can't seem to get my head round the article they sent us....
Reply 3533
Original post by alabelle

I submitted on the 5th...Hopefully it will be worth the wait! Good Luck!
Original post by Denu
Congrats! I have one on the 16th - I hope it goes well for you! :-)

Thank you, you too! Which PGCE have you applied for? How are you feeling about the whole process? I'm incredibly nervous!
Anyone else have an interview at UEL next Thursday?
Reply 3536
Original post by anisa-101
I also applied for Secondary English. I know how you feel, fingers crossed they get back to us :smile:

I applied for English with Drama on the 5th also, had no reply as yet.
Reply 3537
Soo I got unsuccessful from all of my choices. Which was a slightly worry as I have no experience, but really didn't think it would happen for sure as the rest of my application was really quite strong. Having never really 'failed' anything before I'm a bit at a loss! Not quite sure what to do from here. Is anyone in the same boat? Is Apply 2 really a valid option or will it be much better to try and get a TA placement for a year and apply the next year? =/
Reply 3538
Original post by billy bilo
Are we able to view our references?

Posted from TSR Mobile

for £10 I read and you have to call
Original post by LaurieLee
I keep telling myself that last bit!

I know no news is good, but with being away 4th to 12th January (right in interview time but my parents booked the holiday a year ago so I can't turn around now and say I can't go just in case I get an interview...) I was hoping to have heard a bit sooner but I'm not worried per se. I just would have liked a letter from UCAS by now, at the very least with details for track etc, just to put my mind at rest that this is all real!

If you go onto track and click 'forgotten ID number/password/username', they will just email it out to you. Don't need to wait on the letter.

Latest

Trending

Trending