The Student Room Group

Squats and Scooby Snacks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AreebWithaHat
I've noticed the clothing you wear has a big impact on how people perceive you. When I'm smartly dressed for placement, people will sit with me on the train. When I'm coming for lectures and I have a hoodie, trackers, trainers, hat and those black fingerless gloves on not one person will dare to sit with me. Even old people will stand rather than sit next to me.

The power of intimidation. Feelsgood.

Oh gosh lol I swear to god the seat next to me on the bus to/from the uni is always the absolute last to be filled. People just do not seem to want to sit next to me lol though I never dress particularly smartly.

Probably doesn't help that I tend to make myself very comfortable and spill over onto the adjacent seat slightly (not my fault the seats are so small!) but I would (and do) honestly move up a bit if people want so sit next to me. Once a fully grown man actually stood instead of asking me to move up. I assumed he would be getting off really soon and so wasn't bothered (this was going down the shopping parade of a city) but I moved over and asked him if he wanted to sit down and he did so gladly. Turns out he spent a good 20 minutes on the bus before getting off...

In particular girls are especially reluctant to sit next to me. Tends to be a guy who eventually takes the adjacent seat. I definitely share your feels about the situation bro :tongue:.
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
Thursday 12th December 2013

Cut - Day 7

Bodyweight - 85.8KG

Fasted AM Cardio - Walk in the woods.

12.12.13.JPG

12.12.13 chart.JPG

Took a cold bicep shot this morning. Starting to get some definition in it now that I'm not mega bloated.

Bicep.jpg

Bro you should post full frontal pics now and after the cut so we can see your progress! What approx was your start bf%? Goal bf%? Just whatever you can get to by the 23rd?
Original post by In One Ear
Bro you should post full frontal pics now and after the cut so we can see your progress! What approx was your start bf%? Goal bf%? Just whatever you can get to by the 23rd?

It's difficult as I don't have a long mirror to take a selfie in or a proper camera that balances on my desk. Not sure if I can balance my phone on something, I'm going to try later. *fingers crossed*

Not too sure on my body fat percentage. Maybe 15% or so. I'll try and get some pics and ya'll can guestimate. Goal is just trim down as much as possible. Guessing I'll get down to between 83.5-84kg.
Oh gosh lol I swear to god the seat next to me on the bus to/from the uni is always the absolute last to be filled. People just do not seem to want to sit next to me lol though I never dress particularly smartly.

Probably doesn't help that I tend to make myself very comfortable and spill over onto the adjacent seat slightly (not my fault the seats are so small!) but I would (and do) honestly move up a bit if people want so sit next to me. Once a fully grown man actually stood instead of asking me to move up. I assumed he would be getting off really soon and so wasn't bothered (this was going down the shopping parade of a city) but I moved over and asked him if he wanted to sit down and he did so gladly. Turns out he spent a good 20 minutes on the bus before getting off...

In particular girls are especially reluctant to sit next to me. Tends to be a guy who eventually takes the adjacent seat. I definitely share your feels about the situation bro :tongue:.

It's ok mate, we get more room to ourselves anyway.
It's difficult as I don't have a long mirror to take a selfie in or a proper camera that balances on my desk. Not sure if I can balance my phone on something, I'm going to try later. *fingers crossed*

Not too sure on my body fat percentage. Maybe 15% or so. I'll try and get some pics and ya'll can guestimate. Goal is just trim down as much as possible. Guessing I'll get down to between 83.5-84kg.

Yeah In One Ear loves progress pics, he really loves them.

I think he secretly saves them all to his desktop...
Yeah In One Ear loves progress pics, he really loves them.

I think he secretly saves them all to his desktop...

Ya I actually have a folder named "TSR Fitness regular progress pics" :wink:.

But in all honesty Areeb I've been following your progress all this time and you just won't ever post a progress pic :frown:. Always "cutting" cus you think you're too fat then you start bulking again anyway :tongue:.
Ya I actually have a folder named "TSR Fitness regular progress pics" :wink:.

But in all honesty Areeb I've been following your progress all this time and you just won't ever post a progress pic :frown:. Always "cutting" cus you think you're too fat then you start bulking again anyway :tongue:.

I cut too long, strength gains were slow, looked like a fat stick and was depressed so I thought **** it, let's just bulk. And I'm so happy I did now!

I will take pics at the end of my bulk, and at the end of my cut. Then I'll upload both after I've finished my cut. The end of bulk pics are a bit embarrassing to put up yet, especially compared to some of the other guys on here...
Doubt you are, but in case any of ya'll are interested in the sort of meals I'm eating.

Meh.jpg

Piri piri turkey, egg white salad in a little mustard and mayo, mackerel and tuna in a tomato and herb sauce, and peas/sprouts.

Tastes nicer than it looks, which isn't saying much to be fair...
Youre a bit leaner than 15 it seems.
Can never tell till we see flabdominals :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nvmthename
Youre a bit leaner than 15 it seems.
Can never tell till we see flabdominals :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure about that. My upper body is lean(ish) all my fat is in my abdomen, especially the lower abdomen(love handles etc). I'm not one of those people who carries it all evenly.

As for flabdominals - Checking in!

20131212_180028.jpg
20131213_074845.jpg
20131212_164309.jpg

I haven't yet got that nice waist taper, I'm rather chunky. You can see it better from the back.

20131213_080710.jpg

Dat bicep vein

20131213_074734.jpg

Obligatory bicep flex

20131213_074615.jpg

I think most of my excess fat is in my lower back/hips/lower abdomen. Everywhere else is fairly lean, short of getting shredded. The vast majority of my fat loss should be coming from lower back/hips/lower abdomen, so that waist line should tighten up a little over the next 10days.

Like I say though, the goal of this mini cut isn't to get lean, it's just to drop a little body fat before starting my bulk, so that I'm starting from a better place.
(edited 10 years ago)
Strong before pictures taken in worst possible lighting so that I look better in after pictures taken in glorious sunshine.
Nice chest hair.
Nice chest hair.

ArabChestHair/10
Friday 13th December 2013

Cut - Day 8

Bodyweight 85.1KG

Fasted AM cardio - Monster 10mile walk. Chafed/10

13.12.13.JPG

13.12.13 chart.JPG
You should shave your chest hair into the shape of the batman symbol.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
You should shave your chest hair into the shape of the batman symbol.

Looking thick. Solid. Not particularly tight.

Back.jpg
Bros. What do you call that little valley that forms between the erectors and travels up the spine?
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Bros. What do you call that little valley that forms between the erectors and travels up the spine?

The river swole.
The river swole.

Scoobie pls

Quick Reply

Latest