The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
does it matter When Alevels were acheived? I mean does it even matter whether Alevels are achiveved over a 3 year period or smtn?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tee Logan x
I genuinely think something's gone wrong with admissions at QM :|

I hope so because this is a disgrace .Not even exaggerating...:angry: i mean 740 is not even that bad...
Reply 982
so whats all this rejection stuff? they stated that invitations are sent out on the 11th , not rejections. wth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 983
Original post by nhta112
oh my gosh!!! I am so so so sorry :frown: Do you mind sharing the details of your tariffs? Maybe call them up and ask why ???

A*AA prediction: 380
A at AS: 60
A* EPQ: 70
Level 3 OCR National Business Studies Distinction: 120
Level 3 Performing Arts Merit: 80

=710... I think there might be something else in there somewhere that brought it up to 790, but I can't remember and I don't really want to check. Ugh.

I've emailed them, but at the end of the day what's done is done!
Original post by games211
Im not suprised got rejected with 740 yesterday :frown:

Stop trolling everybody knows you are as Somsone said please leave
Reply 985
Original post by Blobar
How did you get 790? You sure you added up right?

Yes. It was 710/790. Me and my Head of Sixth went through everything with a fine-toothed comb; we even rang Barts and asked if each individual one would be included in the calculation.
I hope so because this is a disgrace .Not even exaggerating...:angry: i mean 740 is not even that bad...

It is not even that bad? it's bloody amazing! I know someone who got an invitation last year with a UKCAT score of less than 680- I mean how many more applicants could have applied this year compared to last which would cause competition to be so fierce? :s-smilie:
Reply 987
they hav probably gone nuts.....urgggh 3:smile:
Reply 988
Original post by iacovos
does it matter When Alevels were acheived? I mean does it even matter whether Alevels are achiveved over a 3 year period or smtn?

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the open day, i think i remember them saying that they count every tariffable qualification you put on your ucas, regardless of when you did it.
"UCAS TRACK HAS CHANGED"... so turns out QM rejected me...
Tbh, I can't believe I wasted an option on them... Haha

(Haha, I'm just being spiteful because I'm rejected :P) Honestly, best of luck for those lucky enough to get through to the next stage! Quite a few people I know go there, heard great stuff :P
Reply 990
Original post by mli26
At the open day, i think i remember them saying that they count every tariffable qualification you put on your ucas, regardless of when you did it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StephenNaulls
What tariff do you even need then? Getting rejected with 790 is quite a shock!

Oh wow :s-smilie: What's the breakdown for this UCAS tariff i.e. grades, qualifications etc.

Edit: Just noticed you've already posted them; ignore

Sorry to hear about that. My UCAS tariff is less than yours (UKCAT only slightly higher) so don't know what that means for me!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 992
Original post by DrumChops
Oh wow :s-smilie: What's the breakdown for this UCAS tariff i.e. grades, qualifications etc.

See previous page.
Reply 993
Im not suprised got rejected with 740 yesterday :frown:

Sorry to hear that. Mind posting your stats? I'm honestly surprised at all the 'high scoring' rejections. Shocking stuff.
Original post by oz40
Sorry to hear that. Mind posting your stats? I'm honestly surprised at all the 'high scoring' rejections. Shocking stuff.

I am a gradaute so thhy only look at your UKCAT...If your a graduate you should go on the graduate entry 2014/applying 2013 forum and mostly people with that score are getting rejected...:mad:
Original post by oz40

You do realise last night everyone worked our they were a troll only need to see they were 15 In 2011 n now a grad so take with a pinch of salt
Lets all hope that QM had a technical problem and rejected the people they actually wanted to interview........ STAY POSITIVE.......:frown: :frown: :frown:.......... I hate my life....
Reply 997
Original post by nhta112
oh my gosh!!! I am so so so sorry :frown: Do you mind sharing the details of your tariffs? Maybe call them up and ask why ???

That sucks, sorry to hear it. But I think everyone is assuming that they don't take personal statement and reference into account, which I'm sure is a big factor too... you can have all the academic success in the world but there's more to an application than that. People who have low UKCATs and grades and get interviews probably have a very good idea of what being a doctor is about through lots of work experience / HCA work / nursing etc
Reply 998
Original post by DrumChops

Edit: Just noticed you've already posted them; ignore

Sorry to hear about that. My UCAS tariff is less than yours (UKCAT only slightly higher) so don't know what that means for me!

Sorry didn't see your edit.

I wouldn't worry if I were you, I think I know what's gone on.

Did anyone else that went to the open day feel like it was slightly unorganised- the woman doing the medicine talk didn't know what she was doing, issues with acknowledgment emails, nasty when we ring up etc.

I get the impression that when I rang up before applying, someone not in the loop told me my qualifications would be included but they haven't been. Either that or you need to beat the 700s in the UCAS tariff.

Has anyone considered a 710+ cut-off for undergrads on the UKCAT?

It sounds like I'm just saying this due to the rejection, but I'm sort of relieved. I didn't really want to go there, I just applied there because I wanted to be in London and I wasn't brave enough to go for UCL.

Anyway, good luck everyone else! I feel sure that I've been relayed incorrect info/they have a higher UKCAT cut-off this year; best of luck with your applications.
(edited 10 years ago)
guys i cant believe that, i just got rejected with 540 tariff and 740 ukcat.. is anyone at any similar situation or should i call them up or something..? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending