The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8720
Original post by mhsc
I dunno why you love Sturridge, tbh, that dance he does as a goal celebration is like a crime against humanity.

Lol I actually like that celebration.
Reply 8721
I'm I the only one that think the 4-2-3-1 formation doesn't work for us anymore? I haven't been impressed with us in any of our games when we've used this formation except in the first game of the season against Hull. We seem to need to change from this formation in some games in order to wins matches, whether it is the 352 or 442 (both of which I think Jose should use a lot more often). The most balanced we've looked for some time is when we played with a 4-3-3 formation against West Ham but unfortunately Lamps is unable to play with the same consistency in each game and Oscar/KDB aren't likely to get games in the centre even though both are well capable of playing there imo.
(edited 10 years ago)
If we draw Galatasaray I'm going to get a ticket even if it kills me. The reception Drogba will get will be unbelievable.
Reply 8723
It seems Mourinho is actually calling Azpi a LB now. Can't see Bertrand staying for long
Mourinho isn't going to buy in January transfer window :unimpressed:

But he never said anything about selling :albertein:
Original post by Skkc16
It seems Mourinho is actually calling Azpi a LB now. Can't see Bertrand staying for long

With Luke Shaw on the way aswell.
Reply 8726
If you watch the whole press conference you can see he was quite awkward about January transfer questions, and he did say a couple of things that kind of alluded that he might spend... He kind of made it sound like you never know, but he isn't desperately waiting for 1st Jan to acquire someone. Basically if a really good deal comes up, he might spend.

As for Bertrand, Mourinho said he's been injured and wont be back for another week or two. He also said quite categorically he doesn't intend to buy Luke Shaw.
Ivan along with Terry and Luiz and Azpi will be the backline tomorrow

Mourinho: 'I have two number one left-backs in Cole and Azpilicueta. I trust both and it is good to have options.'

...Did he really just say that? Disgraceful if true to be honest. Hopefully we can sell Bertrand to some other club because he doesn't deserve this at all.
Reply 8728
Ivanovic at RB is getting tiresome tbh, incredibly frustrating watching an attack break down because of a wayward pass or bad cross from him. Think he could do with a rest.
Reply 8729
one thing for sure is we need a a good striker, doesnt have to be great but someone with atleast a 60% scoring rate. that way the striker will be doing enough and the midfielders continuing to score as much as they should be would be enough for us to be consistent.
Reply 8730
Ivanovic is a ****ing beast. His crossing is actually getting better imo, even if he does still occasionally put in a terrible one. The only reason people aren't still loving him is because he's not had a goal in a while, but sooner or later he'll bang in some important goals after out muscling everyone around him and people will remember what I remember: Ivanovic is a ****ing BEAST. :bhangra:
Reply 8732
Original post by mhsc
Ivanovic is a ****ing beast. His crossing is actually getting better imo, even if he does still occasionally put in a terrible one. The only reason people aren't still loving him is because he's not had a goal in a while, but sooner or later he'll bang in some important goals after out muscling everyone around him and people will remember what I remember: Ivanovic is a ****ing BEAST. :bhangra:
Yeah he is, think he's generally underrated tbf, but I've always preferred him as a CB, and I think he's more suited to that position too. His crossing has definitely improved though.
He's amazing defensively but poor going forward. Maybe even worse than Sagna. Think he's more suited to the CB role tbh.

When you take around 545345345453 failed crosses its only natural to get better eventually!
Original post by NDGAARONDI
I remember when one of the newspapers was 'outraged' that Michael Ballack only lived in rented accommodation and said buying a house was not worth it. It made decent economic sense at the time but the particular newspaper (I forget who it was) felt Ballack should be obliged to splash the cash because of how much he earned while with us. Not too long afterwards we had the sub-prime mortgage crisis in the USA, and the British economy taking its turn for a nose dive akin to a Kappa curve.

Meanwhile, if you splash the cash too much, you will also get ripped for it. "Oh my goodness, this footballer has bought himself a Ferrari!!1!1" At least I would suggest he could have done better and get the Audi R8 instead or something.

I recall this as well. It's just absolutely stupid to proscribe how people's money should be sent, especially when its flagrantly obvious that irrespective of the actions of footballers, they will still be lambasted.

I don't know about everybody else (I assume not) but I tend to just not bother with newspaper football coverage, or, often, Sky Sports for that matter. I tend to just watch the games (on silent) when they're on and I have free time and follow the BBC Live Feed when I'm working.
Original post by KingMessi
I recall this as well. It's just absolutely stupid to proscribe how people's money should be sent, especially when its flagrantly obvious that irrespective of the actions of footballers, they will still be lambasted.

I don't know about everybody else (I assume not) but I tend to just not bother with newspaper football coverage, or, often, Sky Sports for that matter. I tend to just watch the games (on silent) when they're on and I have free time and follow the BBC Live Feed when I'm working.

I've considered this as well. I do wish it was possible to hear crowd reactions and whatnot though and just mute the commentary.
Original post by The Assassin
I've considered this as well. I do wish it was possible to hear crowd reactions and whatnot though and just mute the commentary.

That would be far too much like FIFA. :moon: It's the only way I can deal with, for example, watching England on ITV, though.
Original post by The Assassin
He's amazing defensively but poor going forward. Maybe even worse than Sagna. Think he's more suited to the CB role tbh.

When you take around 545345345453 failed crosses its only natural to get better eventually!

Funny when I watch Alves and his gazilion crosses I actually think they are getting worse :rofl:
Original post by KingMessi
That would be far too much like FIFA. :moon: It's the only way I can deal with, for example, watching England on ITV, though.

Ha, of course. I mean, it gets a tad annoying that Chelsea games are a rarity on ITV in comparison to Manchester United for example, but on the bright side one won't have to listen to the unbearable commentary from Townsend and terrible punditry from Chiles!

Original post by Malevolent
Funny when I watch Alves and his gazilion crosses I actually think they are getting worse :rofl:

Ha ha I can imagine why :tongue:. To be fair though I do think some of his have been pretty good/important in your games whereas I can't remember the last time Ivanovic was actually helpful in that regard!
predictions anyone?

Latest