The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NedStark
I applied for Bsc Economics. For AS I achieved AAAA in Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics :smile:

Congrats dude! Are you an international student?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by bshrestha
Congrats dude! Are you an international student?

Thanks and nope, I'm a UK student. :smile:
Thanks and nope, I'm a UK student. :smile:

Do you go to a private school?
Reply 3043
Original post by VKrall
Yep! My 5 weeks ended today, received the "strongest in your cycle" email today as well. Was hoping for a decision before Oxford interviews but looks like I won't hear anything until the new year now!

Congratulations again on your offer :smile:

My 5 weeks ended today too! That's great - hopefully you'll hear positive news soon :smile: and best of luck for your Oxford interviews!
What were your F.Maths and Econ scores? Higher most likely. :smile:

274 for Further Maths and for Economics I had 198
Reply 3045
No decision today, I guess I'll have to wait until the New Year to hear back from LSE
Reply 3046
My 5 weeks is over today, applied for Bsc Maths and Econ, still haven't heard anything so maybe the Maths department is slacking today ?
Original post by Vort
I am applying to these four Universities apart from LSE:
University College London
University of Warwick
University of Bristol
Durham University [No college preference (O)]

I really like only 3 of them UCL, Warwick and of course LSE.
Which universities are you applying to?

I have applied to:
1) UCL
2) Edinburgh
3) Warwick
4) King's College London
5) LSE
I just got an email from LSE, they told me that my application is strong enough to be considered further and they'll give me a decision by early February. I know what'll happen after that, if they still like my application, I'll be invited to write the UGAA :/
Original post by jessology
Got rejected today - would be fine with it, but they sent me the most soul-crushing email.

Basically said that my Personal Statement didn't show enough interest in Anthropology, or enough preparation for the course. I literally have spent the last year working insane hours between studying to try and build a great wealth of experience and preparedness for my Personal Statement; organising events, doing volunteer work in my local museum, getting funded to do a training course in artifact archiving, raising money for charity, watching lectures etc. I have a child, a job and am on a really low income so have only been able to 'make do' with locally available opportunities and reading books rather than go and explore the world, but I was so proud of my Personal Statement! Feel like nobody is going to give me an offer now... they even linked me to their page to show me what they would expect a 'good' statement to have in it. Talk about cold :frown:

Does anyone know if LSE are a bit funny with Access students? They never asked me for predicted grades, or for any information about why I flunked out of school originally. Just feel so deflated. My Cambridge interview had tonnes of references back to my PS, so I kinda thought that was a positive sign!

They are weird with Access students in my experience. They made me sit an entrance exam last year (which I failed, hard) :P
Reply 3049
Original post by Qmakz
My 5 weeks is over today, applied for Bsc Maths and Econ, still haven't heard anything so maybe the Maths department is slacking today ?

they dont seem to have gotten back to many people. i applied for maths with econ and its been 7 and a half weeks since i got my 5 week email
Reply 3050
Does anyone know when they're closing? Some said it was on the 20th and I'm already in my 7th week after my 5 week email! I hope I get an offer next week...(I've applied for Actuarial Science btw)
Original post by bshrestha
Do you go to a private school?

No I go to a state comprehensive. :smile:
Original post by gouratiltzen
They are weird with Access students in my experience. They made me sit an entrance exam last year (which I failed, hard) :P

Ah is it super, super hard? Probably better I get rejected now than fail dismally later on! :tongue:
Reply 3053
Original post by gouratiltzen

May I ask where you finally ended up going to school? An which Access course were you on? Fellow mature student here.
Reply 3054
Original post by IceKidd
they dont seem to have gotten back to many people. i applied for maths with econ and its been 7 and a half weeks since i got my 5 week email

I'm in the exact same position as you. I even called them and was told it would be before they close.

Original post by ekgp
Does anyone know when they're closing? Some said it was on the 20th and I'm already in my 7th week after my 5 week email! I hope I get an offer next week...(I've applied for Actuarial Science btw)

They close on the 20th.
Reply 3055
Original post by CD315
I'm in the exact same position as you. I even called them and was told it would be before they close.

They close on the 20th.

cheers, do you think that applies to me as well or was it specific to you? (and did they say they would tell oyu if you had an offer/rejection or that you would be updated ~ possibly meaning another email as others have received)
Reply 3056
Original post by IceKidd
cheers, do you think that applies to me as well or was it specific to you? (and did they say they would tell oyu if you had an offer/rejection or that you would be updated ~ possibly meaning another email as others have received)

I can only assume it would apply to you too. Therefore I think we should hear on Thursday (unfortunate as my Cambridge interview was on Tuesday and I'd have liked it before that :frown:)

He seemed to convey that it would be a decision.
Original post by schlili
Does anyone know whether there were the "strong enough" and "among the strongest" mails last year? I am wondering what the "among the strongest" really means... like how high the chances of getting an offer are after receiving that mail

Is this something new? I don't remember getting this e-mail when I was applying. Although that was around 3 years ago :colondollar:
Reply 3058
Original post by CD315
I can only assume it would apply to you too. Therefore I think we should hear on Thursday (unfortunate as my Cambridge interview was on Tuesday and I'd have liked it before that :frown:)

He seemed to convey that it would be a decision.

oh really how did you find your interview? hows step prep going btw? ive not done much recently, over the past month its been the odd one or two step ii/iii questions each week.
Reply 3059
Original post by IceKidd
oh really how did you find your interview? hows step prep going btw? ive not done much recently, over the past month its been the odd one or two step ii/iii questions each week.

Oh sorry I missphrased that - my interview is next Tuesday :lol:

I've done plenty of STEP I and II questions - it's my main source of interview prep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending