The Student Room Group

Ucas points confusion do i OR don't i have enough?

Basically i'm applying for social work at huddersfield, leeds met and bradford ... i've spent three years at sixth form now (don't judge me lol) and i have a total of 5 subjects i have studied 3 FULL ALevel's and 2 A's Level ... Leeds Met Uni states i must have BBB which is 300 UCAS points ... I know i can get 300 points for this course but i won't be getting grades BBB as my points are coming from all 5 of my subjects so what would be my chances of getting into this course please HELP!! so confused here :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Plus it states i must have relevant social work experience ... the only relevant social care experience i have is that i've been involved in a scheme at school to improve students reading levels and I have worked at a nursery/playgroup where children if 5 years and under would stay with their parents and play which was for 5 months ... do you think that experience is relevant enought?
(edited 10 years ago)
If they state they want BBB then 300 UCAS points from a combination of A levels and AS levels doesn't meet those requirements. Email the admissions department to ask if they would accept 300 points from your qualifications or if you need to achieve BBB (could you do some retakes to push your grades up?).

Can you volunteer in a care home, even setting it up now and putting in your personal statement that you have arranged work experience in a care home would add a lot to your application.
Reply 2
Original post by x__justmyluck
If they state they want BBB then 300 UCAS points from a combination of A levels and AS levels doesn't meet those requirements. Email the admissions department to ask if they would accept 300 points from your qualifications or if you need to achieve BBB (could you do some retakes to push your grades up?).

Can you volunteer in a care home, even setting it up now and putting in your personal statement that you have arranged work experience in a care home would add a lot to your application.

Thanx for your reply :biggrin: actually looking at it now it doesn't say BBB it only says

"300 points required. (Minimum 200 points from 2 A levels or equivalent awards, excluding General Studies.) If you're applying via UCAS, find out more about how your qualifications fit into the UCAS tariff."

and i can get 200 points from 2 FULL ALevel's yeah i can't do a retake on my subject because they've changed that subject to all coursework now we were the last one's to take an exam in that course sadly .... :s-smilie:

I forgot to mention that in my personal i did mention that i was arranging some work experience at a school for special needs children do you think i should stick with this or arrange some work experience in a care home??
Original post by Jerry
Thanx for your reply :biggrin: actually looking at it now it doesn't say BBB it only says

"300 points required. (Minimum 200 points from 2 A levels or equivalent awards, excluding General Studies.) If you're applying via UCAS, find out more about how your qualifications fit into the UCAS tariff."

and i can get 200 points from 2 FULL ALevel's yeah i can't do a retake on my subject because they've changed that subject to all coursework now we were the last one's to take an exam in that course sadly .... :s-smilie:

I forgot to mention that in my personal i did mention that i was arranging some work experience at a school for special needs children do you think i should stick with this or arrange some work experience in a care home??

So you have 200 points from 2 of your full A levels and then 100 from your other A level + 2ASs?
Work experience with children with special needs is really good. If you could get some in a care home you would have some experience working with adults so more variety of experience it would be good but it depends if you can manage it.
Reply 4
Original post by x__justmyluck
So you have 200 points from 2 of your full A levels and then 100 from your other A level + 2ASs?
Work experience with children with special needs is really good. If you could get some in a care home you would have some experience working with adults so more variety of experience it would be good but it depends if you can manage it.

basically these are the grades i think i will get at the end of sixth form

A Level- Health and social care- D ( I have already got this grade)
A Level- ICT- Distinction (A)
A Level- Sociology-C
AS Level- Product Design- Merit (C)
AS Level- Psychology-E (I already have this grade too)

ok so i will apply for both i think i'm more likely to get into doing work experience at this special needs school as they allow students from our school to go there every summer to help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending