The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NightStarz
Rejected :frown: But expected it as my results wern't that competitive.
UKCAT: 730
UCAS Tariff: 490

what time exactly was the email sent to you??:confused:
Original post by ocelot92
what time exactly was the email sent to you??:confused:

Somewhere between 7pm nad 10pm when I checked it. They've been sending rejections all day so I don't think there's a link between what time and whether you get a rejection or not. It's basically when something changes on UCAS because you don't get interviews on UCAS.
SORRY i didnt add the links this will make it easier

THIS IS FOR GRADUATES APPLYING ONLY TO BARTS

A100 - 5 YEAR PROGRAMME http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2539213
A101 4 YEAR PROGRAMME http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2539201

PLEASE ADD YOUR DETAILS PEOPLE THIS WILL HELP EVERYONE WHO HAS APPLIED OR HEARD BACK... come on guys there has been UNPRECEDENED DEMAND FOR PLACES HERE SO IT WILL give us all an idea of the ukcat BARTS seem to be using for intviews whihc means we atleast do something about htis waiting and get an idea. IT will be great if you can add your data as requested on the apporpriate forms. PLease NOTE NO idscussions ( we can use other forms for this as this makes it harder for people to know where to look up stats. many thanks . mery christmas and a happpy new year to all u lovely people.
Reply 1043
Rejected :frown:

I am so upset, it seems as if nobody has an interview yet from Barts!

I'm predicted 3A*s and an A and got 680 UKCAT!
Why so competitive?!
I'm an Irish applicant with UKCAT 668 and haven't heard anything yet. I'm not sure how the UCAS tariff works for Irish students because we have to do more subjects than the average English student! We have to sit 6 minimum and I'm doing 8. Also with extracurriculars I have a few dance and music qualifications but with organisations not listed on the UCAS webpage so I really have no idea what to think! Good luck to you all!!
Original post by school1234
Hi, don't worry I haven't received anything yet but ill probably also be rejected due to my poor ukcat score.
Did they give you the option of going on to another course such as biology or biomedical science?

nope. nothing. nada. Just a pure outright rejection.
Reply 1046
Original post by ippington
I'm an Irish applicant with UKCAT 668 and haven't heard anything yet. I'm not sure how the UCAS tariff works for Irish students because we have to do more subjects than the average English student! We have to sit 6 minimum and I'm doing 8. Also with extracurriculars I have a few dance and music qualifications but with organisations not listed on the UCAS webpage so I really have no idea what to think! Good luck to you all!!

I'm an international student but I'm also doing the leaving cert. A1 90, A2 80, B1 70 and so on. Atleast I think that's correct. And they only use 6 higher level scores.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1047
Original post by divyav
Rejected :frown:

I am so upset, it seems as if nobody has an interview yet from Barts!

I'm predicted 3A*s and an A and got 680 UKCAT!
Why so competitive?!

oh no....! I am so so sorry... I am sure other medical schools will give you interviews. Is your UCAS tariff 540 or more than that?
Reply 1048
Original post by nhta112
Me too!! The wait is killing me...
I have 682.5 ukcat and 660 tariffs. What are your stats?

Hi fellow international :smile: I've got 700 ukcat and 803 ucas tariff!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1049
Original post by kitkat1
803 ucas tariff?? That's amazing - can i ask how you managed taht?

44 achieved IB points = 698
B in extended essay (part of IB) = 50
Pass in ABRSM Grade 8 Piano = 55

Hopefully it'll make up with my not-so-high ukcat score :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emma_O25
I wonder how that translates to my points system hmm, thanks! international applicant!

this might help you! :biggrin:

http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables
Reply 1051
Original post by franngu
44 achieved IB points = 698
B in extended essay (part of IB) = 50
Pass in ABRSM Grade 8 Piano = 55

Hopefully it'll make up with my not-so-high ukcat score :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

44 points? Whoaaaaa, are you a child prodigy or what? :biggrin: That's a great achievement!

And I didn't know that the grades from the EE are counted separately, that's some good news to me :smile:
Does anybody know if Barts send out rejections on the weekend?
Reply 1053
Original post by Blayenne
44 points? Whoaaaaa, are you a child prodigy or what? :biggrin: That's a great achievement!

And I didn't know that the grades from the EE are counted separately, that's some good news to me :smile:

Are you sure that is not just for the 'certificate' people? Seems strange that you get 120 for 3 core points and then an extra 60 for an A grade EE. Surely 120 points for ToK is not correct! Although I do hope it is....

Good luck :smile:
ok yup rejected too, hoping it's all some sort of mistake but oh well
Reply 1055
Original post by blissfully
ok yup rejected too, hoping it's all some sort of mistake but oh well

May I ask when you got the email?
Original post by Shivvers
May I ask when you got the email?

They didn't even bother sending an email, just an email from ucas saying that track as been updated at 16:55, 13th
I'm simply waiting for my rejection now. I got really confused with the application process and my teachers didn't know a lot about Queen Mary's so I applied thinking that all you needed was to meet their minmum entry requirements of AAAb :frown:

But I think I've gotten over the absolute idiocy I committed, lol :biggrin:

I'm just surprised I wasn't the first to find out - my tariff is pretty low in comparison to the amazing scores of other people already rejected...

I'm going to assume that they're simply doing them in random bunches.
Reply 1058
Original post by Blayenne

Nah, not a child prodigy, just a hard worker. Hahaha. Did you take the IB too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1059
Original post by Hens48
Are you sure that is not just for the 'certificate' people? Seems strange that you get 120 for 3 core points and then an extra 60 for an A grade EE. Surely 120 points for ToK is not correct! Although I do hope it is....

Good luck :smile:

I'm pretty sure. There are desperate tariff tables for IB cert and IB diploma.

Good luck with your application too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest