The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bellylaugh
Oh cool, how was it? Will you have a second interview too then? Was it for a salaried role?

Hey yeah it was a good experience the interviewers know that everyone is really nervous and try to make the day as stressless and easy as possible. Just make sure you relax, be yourself, and know why you want to teach! Then you will be fine. Yep got an email through yesterday inviting me for a second interview this ones a bit harder actually have to do some teaching! Its for a non salaried position. =)
Got my first response back and I have an interview at a school direct placement in Manchester :smile: They haven't said anything about what is expected of me, does anyone know how you normally find out about what they want in the interview?
Got my numeracy skills test tomorrow morning... I've been so busy with uni that I've only had time to do two practice tests. Passed both, but only just, so very nervous now! The maths is fine but I hate the format so I tend to freak out during the mental maths section.
Reply 3563
Original post by kpwxx

Most will probably only close for a week or so over xmas. They should certainly all be open for the next week since schools will be as well.

xxx

Phew! Feeling much less stressed now :smile:
Reply 3564
Hey guys just got an offer from Roehampton and St Marys!!! Am so happy its unreal! :smile:
Received an offer last night from man met for primary!
Its unconditional because I've already completed my degree and passed both skills tests!! Woooo.
so happy anyone else going??
ps I also have an interview for manchester on the 10th of jan but mmu is my first choice so can I cancel? It won't let me reply to mmu is this because I have an interview pending at manchester?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by awe
Soo I got unsuccessful from all of my choices. Which was a slightly worry as I have no experience, but really didn't think it would happen for sure as the rest of my application was really quite strong. Having never really 'failed' anything before I'm a bit at a loss! Not quite sure what to do from here. Is anyone in the same boat? Is Apply 2 really a valid option or will it be much better to try and get a TA placement for a year and apply the next year? =/

I definitely think you should spend a year getting experience or a ta post! Don't feel too bad don't underestimate how hard it is to get a place
So I tried to take my skills tests this morning and couldn't because the test centre had no electricity!! So annoying because I wanted to pass them before my two interviews next week!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3568
Original post by bbbbbecki
Thank you, you too! Which PGCE have you applied for? How are you feeling about the whole process? I'm incredibly nervous!

Lower Primary full-time, you? I was feeling fine, now I'm going through all the prep for the interview properly I'm starting to feel a lot more nervy! The article for the presentation has so much in it I'm wondering where to start. :s-smilie:
Original post by Denu
Lower Primary full-time, you? I was feeling fine, now I'm going through all the prep for the interview properly I'm starting to feel a lot more nervy! The article for the presentation has so much in it I'm wondering where to start. :s-smilie:

The same as you! Oh I know, I'm so stressed over it. As the presentation is in our individual interview do you think they'll ask follow-up questions or is it just us talking about it for five minutes? :confused:
Reply 3570
Hi everyone I'm a bit confused about replying to choices. I have one offer from an interview last week but my other interviews aren't until early January, so is it ten days to reply to each offer or ten days once I have received a decision from them all?
Reply 3571
Original post by awe
Soo I got unsuccessful from all of my choices. Which was a slightly worry as I have no experience, but really didn't think it would happen for sure as the rest of my application was really quite strong. Having never really 'failed' anything before I'm a bit at a loss! Not quite sure what to do from here. Is anyone in the same boat? Is Apply 2 really a valid option or will it be much better to try and get a TA placement for a year and apply the next year? =/

You definitely need experience, there's no question of that. You can't really understand what teaching entails without having been on that side of the desk. So unless you get experience between now and apply 2, I'm afraid it probably isn't worth it. In which case, getting a TA job would set you up very nicely for reapplying next year.

Original post by arhall92
Hi everyone I'm a bit confused about replying to choices. I have one offer from an interview last week but my other interviews aren't until early January, so is it ten days to reply to each offer or ten days once I have received a decision from them all?

Ten days once all of the decisions have been received. Even UCAS aren't that evil...
Original post by awe

Did you put that you had experience lined up or were going to get some?
Spend this year getting experience, and a lot of it, and then your application will be very strong next year. Here are some jobs to look in to: TA, cover superviser, para teacher, learning manager.
This thread is not for discussion of specific interview tasks or questions. This type of discussion is against TSR rules. If you do this will result in a warning. You may be general in your discussion about interviews, so questions you might be asked that are quite generic but do not refer to specific uni tasks or questions. .
Original post by swarfliam
St Mary's is on Tuesday (17th). Went pretty good today at Winchester, fingers crossed! :smile:

I have one at St Mary's on Tuesday too :smile:
Reply 3575
Still not heard a peep from Reading for Primary - anyone heard anything from them at all?

Also, do Winchester email interview invites or send letter in the post? I have a notification of invite to interview on Track but haven't actually had the invite yet...

And finally, anyone at YSJ for interview on Monday 16th in the afternoon? :-)
Original post by billy bilo
Are we able to view our references?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also waiting for your referees to send their references?
Reply 3577
For anyone who has had an interview for secondary pgce, what educational issues did you talk about? I've been given an interview with 5 days notice!!!!
Original post by gemjones
For anyone who has had an interview for secondary pgce, what educational issues did you talk about? I've been given an interview with 5 days notice!!!!

5 days is pretty good tbh, i had two days notice and a presentation to do for it for one of my choices, so five days is nice in my opinion, best of luck for your interviews
Reply 3579
Original post by Denu

And finally, anyone at YSJ for interview on Monday 16th in the afternoon? :-)

Nope, but I'm YSJ Lower Primary on Wednesday! And starting to feel really nervous about the amount of stuff we need to prep - not a lot of time!

Latest

Trending

Trending