The Student Room Group

Manchester Dentistry Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by #FutureDentist
I know :/ She was one of the lucky ones to be told early, her interview probably went really well! Manc is known for telling people late..

Hopefully it will be worth the wait for both of us :smile: where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know how many interviews have been given out & how many offers will be made?!
Reply 62
Original post by #FutureDentist
Anyone know how many interviews have been given out & how many offers will be made?!

About 280 interviews will be given throughout the year. About 150 offers will be made. There are 75 places.
As to how many interviewees there have been in this first batch, I don't know. I am under the impression that there are 2 batches - the one just gone, and there'll be another one at the beginning of next year.
Original post by Lanfan
About 280 interviews will be given throughout the year. About 150 offers will be made. There are 75 places.
As to how many interviewees there have been in this first batch, I don't know. I am under the impression that there are 2 batches - the one just gone, and there'll be another one at the beginning of next year.

Thank you! :smile: Yes you're right, there's another one in Feb.. That's a bit more than a 50/50 chance then! Makes me feel a bit better now
Reply 64
Did anyone else feel on the one to one interview like they rushed you a little bit? I did, didn't say half the stuff I wanted to!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by hamzahhussain
Did anyone else feel on the one to one interview like they rushed you a little bit? I did, didn't say half the stuff I wanted to!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Saammeee i felt the same but i tried to cram as much as i could in to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by abarlas123
Saammeee i felt the same but i tried to cram as much as i could in to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same I had the wonderful "why dentistry" question and I had a 5 minute speech prepared but they cut me off after about 30 seconds!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hamzahhussain

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yess!! Felt like they wanted to ask me everything :frown: I always got cut off and didn't get to say sooo much that I wanted to
Reply 68
Yeah i didnt get cut off but they deliberately looked at the timer so frequently that it was blatant they were trying to imply that i needed to stop, i didnt even get asked why dentistry, i got into comparison, i didnt even get asked why manch

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 69
I didn't get asked anything relating to why dentistry haha but I didn't really give them time to ask me anything.. Talked too much :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Hi I've applied for dentistry at Manchester but haven't had an interview yet. Just wanted to ask that were the group discussions about an easy topic e.g. fluoridation or were they on more rare topics.
Reply 71
I think it would be unfair to answer your question as it will put people who have had their interview at a disadvantage, no offence.
Reply 72
Hey, anyone know when the first 60 offers are given? I heard it was before Christmas....
Reply 73
Original post by samstyles
Hey, anyone know when the first 60 offers are given? I heard it was before Christmas....

Teresa said we shouldn't say if we have one or not, just because it's unfair on others.
But yeah apparently before Christmas!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Original post by ImAz
Teresa said we shouldn't say if we have one or not, just because it's unfair on others.
But yeah apparently before Christmas!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damnnn :s-smilie:, do you know if anyone has heard yet????
Original post by samstyles
Damnnn :s-smilie:, do you know if anyone has heard yet????

Doubt anyone has heard yet. But my best guess is that those 60 applicants will get their offers next week.

However, last year some offers were even givenin january.
Reply 76
Original post by toff33popcorn
Guys do any of you know what Manchester are like with re-take students?
I re-took AS year and have legit mitigating circumstances which were written in my reference but I'm still worried it'll be used against me. I haven't heard from them which is making me scared tbh. I'm in A2 now so it will have taken me 3 yrs to do A-levels instead of 2

I was in the same position as you but got an interview at Manchester so I wouldn't worry because they have another batch of interviews in the new year. When I spoke to them, Manchester specifically said they don't mind if you re-sit your AS year so I don't think it would be used against you.
Reply 77
Do you think there'll be another batch of interviews? I've heard absolutely nothing from Manchester and I know that they have interviewed some people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, could someone email the admissions to see when the first 60 offers are made... Hotmail keeps crashing on my phone
Reply 79
Posted from TSR Mobile
Oops, that's for Manchester btw

Quick Reply

Latest