The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ocelot92
rejected today at 10.15am with 725 ukcat and 9A* GCSEs!!!

UCAS:
A2: A*A*A predictions
AS: AAAAA
EPQ: A* (2 years early)
FSMQ A
= 610 I think

this is ridiculous what did they even want???

Barts admission tutors have gone nuts for sure !! Were you home or international student?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jollygood
Does anyone know what is the last date of rejections? Never knew that I will be worried about Barts offering me an interview :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking the exact same thing!
Original post by Samodude11
This was for both. They were my last choices :frown:

Already been rejected everywhere else. Absolute disaster

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that :frown: try next year and ace the ukcat
Original post by MJK91
For both A100 and A101 they rank solely by the UKCAT, and last year for A101 it was 2820 as the cut-off. This year's increased competition has seen that rise significantly :frown:

Do we know what the cut off for A100 was?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tee Logan x
I was thinking the exact same thing!

Seriously it was my safest choice. Whats your ucas tariff and ukcat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seriously it was my safest choice. Whats your ucas tariff and ukcat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

460 UCAS tariff lol and 767.5 UKCAT. Wbu?
460 UCAS tariff lol and 767.5 UKCAT. Wbu?

700 ucas tariff and 635 ukcat. Have you heard back anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
700 ucas tariff and 635 ukcat. Have you heard back anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your UCAS tariff is amazing :redface: nope, weirdly not :/ i guess they just haven't come round to sending my rejection email yet because i know with my ucas tariff, i've got no chance. Have you?
Your UCAS tariff is amazing :redface: nope, weirdly not :/ i guess they just haven't come round to sending my rejection email yet because i know with my ucas tariff, i've got no chance. Have you?

And your ukcat is amazing lol. I havent heard back either but I am not giving up hope :smile: Any idea when will they finish sending rejections ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
And your ukcat is amazing lol. I havent heard back either but I am not giving up hope :smile: Any idea when will they finish sending rejections ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thanks :smile: yeah i guess there could be a reason why they haven't rejected us just yet but who knows what'll happen by tomorrow. They are being pretty spontaneous. Ermm I'm not too sure but i think maybe another week? they couldn't have sent all the rejections by now right?
Aw thanks :smile: yeah i guess there could be a reason why they haven't rejected us just yet but who knows what'll happen by tomorrow. They are being pretty spontaneous. Ermm I'm not too sure but i think maybe another week? they couldn't have sent all the rejections by now right?

Yeah I know they might have changed their selection process. I have no idea. I just don't want any email notifying me of ucas update :frown: I think they will send out some rejections tomorrow too !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1091
Original post by Samodude11
This was for both. They were my last choices :frown:

Already been rejected everywhere else. Absolute disaster

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am so so sorry :frown: when did you hear from them?
Yeah I know they might have changed their selection process. I have no idea. I just don't want any email notifying me of ucas update :frown: I think they will send out some rejections tomorrow too !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i thought that too but that's really not fair because all the applicants look at the specific entry requirements before applying so they can't just change their selection process just like that. Haha i know right because we just know if there's an update it IS a rejection. Yeah probably but try and not worry if you get a rejection. At the end of the day you only need one offer to become a doc- and if you really want to become a doc it wouldn't matter where you study Med :smile: where else have you applied?
Yeah i thought that too but that's really not fair because all the applicants look at the specific entry requirements before applying so they can't just change their selection process just like that. Haha i know right because we just know if there's an update it IS a rejection. Yeah probably but try and not worry if you get a rejection. At the end of the day you only need one offer to become a doc- and if you really want to become a doc it wouldn't matter where you study Med :smile: where else have you applied?

I know thats not fair. I have applied to Cambridge, Imperial, and Lancaster. So far had the Cambridge interview. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know thats not fair. I have applied to Cambridge, Imperial, and Lancaster. So far had the Cambridge interview. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wowzah, Cambridge! Imperial, Kings, QM and Notts. I already know i'm getting a rejection from Imperial because of my atrocious BMAT (severely below the cut off in two sections) lol but otherwise i've heard nothing from the rest :frown:
Wowzah, Cambridge! Imperial, Kings, QM and Notts. I already know i'm getting a rejection from Imperial because of my atrocious BMAT (severely below the cut off in two sections) lol but otherwise i've heard nothing from the rest :frown:

Ohh we have 4 options in common. I have applied to Kings for bio med. Which Cambridge college did you apply to and what was your average ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohh we have 4 options in common. I have applied to Kings for bio med. Which Cambridge college did you apply to and what was your average ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol no i didn't apply to Cambridge. I said 'wow' to the fact that you applied to Cambridge lol i'm not that ambitious :tongue: i really wanted to go Imperial but oh well :')
Original post by blissfully
ok yup rejected too, hoping it's all some sort of mistake but oh well

They said they would send out invites on the 11th right, up to now there has only been rejections, rejections of people with great stats. Im hoping that they accidentally stent rejections to the people they wanted to interview ...... unlikely I know but a good theory? naa I'm probably overthinking this.
Original post by nhta112
I am so so sorry :frown: when did you hear from them?

got an email yesterday at 16:55
Original post by Mo_maths
They said they would send out invites on the 11th right, up to now there has only been rejections, rejections of people with great stats. Im hoping that they accidentally stent rejections to the people they wanted to interview ...... unlikely I know but a good theory? naa I'm probably overthinking this.

lol that would be amazing! now you've got me thinking...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending