The Student Room Group

"Uruguay Senate approves bill legalising marijuana trade"

I couldn't see an existing thread on this matter so I thought I'd create one :smile:

I personally think that this is brilliant news, I'm not a weed smoker myself but it's nice to see that the world is actually starting to progress out of it's failed war on drugs on a national level.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-25328656
Fantastic news, marijuana legislation is only going one way, its just a matter of time.
Reply 2
Wonderful news. Couldn't be happier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Yay, spliff to celebrate!
Reply 5
''....and in other news from Uruguay. Crime is down, productivity is up, and ratings for Doctor Who are through the roof.''
Shush don't tell the Americans or they'll use military might to butcher civilians and dispose of democratically elected governments in order to install a fascist despot puppet that will continue their 'War on Drugs' that has cost the people of South America so dearly...

I might need a lawyer...
Reply 7
Screw Amsterdam, I want to go to Uruguay, soon to be stoner capital of the world.
Original post by DiddyDec
Screw Amsterdam, I want to go to Uruguay, soon to be stoner capital of the world.

It's closed to tourists and I imagine they'll clamp down pretty hard on it if someone tries.
Reply 9
Have you heard the fixed price - $1 a gram! I wonder what the quality will be like?
Reply 10
Original post by lt35
Have you heard the fixed price - $1 a gram! I wonder what the quality will be like?

Why would they do that?
Reply 11
Original post by Isleworth
Why would they do that?

To close down the black market apparently. It'll just be bush weed though I think - I think only pure Sativas can survive the humidity there too so there won't be fancy strains like the Dam. If they bother to kill the males they might end up with some decent smoke though.. who knows?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by DiddyDec

Colorado is also legalizing weed. Why the hell would you go to Uruguay.
Reply 13
Original post by lubus

But isn't it illegal for Colorado to make it legal? Meaning it's still illegal at the federal level, so potentially drug dealers could still get shut down by federal agencies.

Don't really understand the system there though, so I could be completely wrong. Any Americans here (or someone with knowledge of the USA's legal systems) who know better than I do?
Original post by lubus

The sunshine, the jungle and non americans.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending