The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Original post by MJK91
How do they know that the degree was accurately marked? Degree fraud is a bit problem in the UK, especially in employment but also in gaining access to academia. There needs to be proof that degrees really tested the content they say they do. Listing your modules and grades isn't proof of the quality of the modules.

It is not just Barts. Kings use UK NARIC, as do Imperial and Nottingham by quick Google searches.

Imperial doesn't require it for sure, I went there personally and they ensured me my university transcript, which is released by my university itself, was sufficient. However no matter man, it's their problem, not ours :biggrin:
Original post by ak395
Ah great! Thats my rejection on its way. :\

Sorry I didn't mean to upset you. I'm worried too, but I can see how this would pass as acceptable. What do you think?
Original post by unnati212
Oh really! How do you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i meant it as a question lol sorry
Reply 1163
guys stay calm until monday
Original post by nhta112
guys stay calm until monday

Me too.. Keeping my fingers crossed

Posted from TSR Mobile
4 a star prediction and got a rejection
Original post by fdfddfhhfrt

Sorry to hear. When did you hear from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1167

So sorry to hear that. What's your ukcat score if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 1168
Original post by Kimina
Did you have an AS in a 4th subject?

I don't really get your question but I didn't pass AS since I'm not in UK.

When?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1170
Original post by student0695
Really doesn't make sense how Barts are rejecting people? Is there a trend? Also does anyone have any idea how many days they are going to be rejecting people, they have been doing it for past couple of days :/ getting worried now...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can almost guarantee it will be low UKCat scores. Everyone I've seen post here saying they've been rejected has had scores below 740. Barts take applicants in the top decile (10%) which is clearly well above 740.
Reply 1171
Hmm I think the 50:50 of UCAS:u:KCAT still stands. To put it simply, I think they are looking for the highest COMBINED score of UCAS Tariff and UKCAT score. From the little I've read, those with a combined score of less than 1400 has been rejected :\

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1172
Original post by kcapsoccer
rejected
predicted: A*A*A*A
ukcat:740
i have no idea what they are looking for.. :/
good luck everyone else! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cannot believe this. Im applying for dentistry at QM and I'm pretty sure they have a 50/50 weighting of ucas tariff and ukcat (same as medicine i believe). How could you be rejected with stats like these I do not know. Do you think they look at personal statement as well?
Original post by franngu
Hmm I think the 50:50 of UCAS:u:KCAT still stands. To put it simply, I think they are looking for the highest COMBINED score of UCAS Tariff and UKCAT score. From the little I've read, those with a combined score of less than 1400 has been rejected :\

Posted from TSR Mobile

1400 would surely be too high? At a bog standard comp - lets say I get a miraculous 900 ukcat I would need 500 ucas. A score of 1400 is not even achievable.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by franngu

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by chocolate_pies
1400 would surely be too high?

I have 1,420 and got rejected. 710 in both. So it must just be a UKCAT cut-off at like 740, or a total cut off of at least 1,420+
Original post by skotch
I can almost guarantee it will be low UKCat scores. Everyone I've seen post here saying they've been rejected has had scores below 740. Barts take applicants in the top decile (10%) which is clearly well above 740.

Someone who got 760 for their UKCAT got rejected.
Original post by Tee Logan x
Someone who got 760 for their UKCAT got rejected.

And their tariff was?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StephenNaulls
And their tariff was?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know, but someone posted this on this thread- a couple of pages back :smile:
Original post by Tee Logan x
I don't know, but someone posted this on this thread- a couple of pages back :smile:

Scrolling back seems like so much effort for a Sunday evening, I will have to go on in the dark!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1179
Maybe they did the 50:50 thing then decided to look at personal statements to discriminate further because rejections are coming in a random order with high ucas tariff and ukcat being rejected. I just reallyyyy hope its mot a ukcat cutoff!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending