The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hippysnake
I'm an 'existing' med student. Apparently, if you turned up to your interview with a badger in your pocket you were 50% more likely to get an offer.

Moral of the story: Rumors and just that. Rumors.

Exactly!
Reply 1341
Original post by Medicine Boy
I think I've done reasonably well apart from 2 stations which were BAD! (as in I'll score less than 50% for sure)

Is it just me or could you actually see how they were scoring you on some stations??

Yes! There was one station where I saw him circling my score!
Reply 1342
Original post by Medicine Boy
Was anyone here in the middle morning session today by any chance?

Me :smile:
Original post by lydiab3
Me :smile:

were you in the blue or yellow sticker group?
How did you find the interview?

seeing them marking my answers was quite intimidating I must say!
Original post by Hipokrates
Not great. Not very hopeful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly the same here (had mine a few days ago)...didn't go particularly well.
When do you guys think Leicester will get back to us, post-interview?
Original post by GCSE-help
When do you guys think Leicester will get back to us, post-interview?

Last year they gave the absolute best people offers around the 20th December and then left the rest till March :smile:

I can safely say that given my performance if I get an offer (90% sure I won't) then it'll be in March :tongue: Shame as Leicester is awesome
Original post by joeymr
Southampton, getting the coach :smile: gonna be a long journey, the coach is going to Leicester via London so its about a 6 hour drive :frown: wbu?

im driving down from leeds so only a 2 and a half hour journey for me. I've been working nights and sleeping through the day because im a school leaver so my biggest worry is falling asleep during the interview aha
Reply 1348
Original post by joeymr
Hey :smile: How are you feeling?

Oh wow, try and get some before Monday! :smile: Just preparing for the questions im expecting to be asked, i.e. why medicine etc. I really dont believe these guys when they say that we don't need to prepare :smile: how about you?

Same, I suppose there's only so much we can do, I hate not knowing what the stations are.. Ive done a lot on ethics and decision making because I think it'll help in the role play stations. I managed to get a full 8 hours sleep last night but I'm not sure about tonight! Good luck for tomorrow
Reply 1349
how long is it per station?
Reply 1350
Original post by Sanika21
how long is it per station?

7 minutes, 8 stations :smile:
Reply 1351
Hi guys,

Just a few quick questions which I'd be grateful if you could help me with before my interview tomorrow! :eek:

So Leicester do prosection, right?
And 'Most of your learning, however, takes place in small groups. You will work on structured, clinically related problems.' is a quote from the Medicine prospectus...so is this essentially PBL?

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1352
MY INTERVIEW IS TOMORROW AFTERNOON AND IM FREAKING OUT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nicolaa
Hi guys,

Just a few quick questions which I'd be grateful if you could help me with before my interview tomorrow! :eek:

And 'Most of your learning, however, takes place in small groups. You will work on structured, clinically related problems.' is a quote from the Medicine prospectus...so is this essentially PBL?

They mainly do dissection :smile: and the grpoup work is seminars etc and complements the lectures; i.e.. it is not the main focus of the course (from what I gathered on the tour)

Original post by joeymr

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, its an enjoyable day and you'll do great :smile:
Reply 1354
Original post by Dr. Django
They mainly do dissection :smile: and the grpoup work is seminars etc and complements the lectures; i.e.. it is not the main focus of the course (from what I gathered on the tour)

Right, thank you for such a quick response! :smile: Ah, I'm actually terrified!
Reply 1355
Original post by joeymr

Posted from TSR Mobile

ME TOO
Original post by nicolaa

Just to clarify:

1) Leicester offer full body dissection (mainly during the Musculoskeletal Module in Semester 2 and the Head and Neck Module in Semester 4) but prosections are also available.

2) Each day typically consists of: 2 hours of lectures followed by 2 hours of group work whereby there are structured questions for you and your group to work through. The questions are based on the lectures and aim to consolidate your knowledge and help link and apply the concepts.

Leicester is not PBL, but rather an 'integrated' course :smile:

Good luck with your interviews!
Original post by h3isenberg
MATE, MY INTERVIEW IS TOMORROW MORNING :eek:

You'll all be fine I had mine last week, there's nothing you can really do to prepare, so just relax now :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else got their interview tomorrow morning?
Reply 1359

Is it really? I cant help but feel that i will spend the majority of it hyperventilating :/

Original post by spangie
ME TOO

Original post by h3isenberg
MATE, MY INTERVIEW IS TOMORROW MORNING :eek:

AAAAH im so scared! Good luck guys! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending