The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joeymr
Is it really? I cant help but feel that i will spend the majority of it hyperventilating :/

I thought I'd be the same (particularly as my interview was in the last session), but I thoroughly enjoyed the day, the atmosphere was pretty relaxed and it was nice to chat to fellow applicants :smile: I enjoyed most of the interview, bar one station where I fudged up completely :frown: (it wasn't a particularly hard one, no one else found it particularly difficult but me :tongue:)! I'm sure youll enjoy it as much as something so important can be enjoyed, and I know you'll do great!
Reply 1361
Do they have our personal statement at the interview? (I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this...)
Reply 1362
Original post by Dr. Django
I thought I'd be the same (particularly as my interview was in the last session), but I thoroughly enjoyed the day, the atmosphere was pretty relaxed and it was nice to chat to fellow applicants :smile: I enjoyed most of the interview, bar one station where I fudged up completely :frown: (it wasn't a particularly hard one, no one else found it particularly difficult but me :tongue:)! I'm sure youll enjoy it as much as something so important can be enjoyed, and I know you'll do great!

Thanks, that helps a lot :smile: is there anything i need to bring (keep checking the email but convinced i will forget something haha). Is it true that you really cant prepare?
Original post by joeymr
Thanks, that helps a lot :smile: is there anything i need to bring (keep checking the email but convinced i will forget something haha). Is it true that you really cant prepare?

No probs :smile: Just take some photo ID (unless you're a gap year person but I don't think you are :tongue:)!

And yes that is true, normal interview prep is about all you need and even that isnt massively helpful! You'll be fine
Reply 1364
Original post by Dr. Django
No probs :smile: Just take some photo ID (unless you're a gap year person but I don't think you are :tongue:)!

And yes that is true, normal interview prep is about all you need and even that isnt massively helpful! You'll be fine

Thanks, no im not haha :smile: ok cool, thanks a lot mate, good luck im sure you did great :smile:
Original post by joeymr
Thanks, no im not haha :smile: ok cool, thanks a lot mate, good luck im sure you did great :smile:

Good luck for your interview! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the maths part of MMI? AS level or A2 level?:hugs::dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quick question, does anyone know if there is there a major difference between the MMI for A100 and A101 (i.e. the graduate entry course)?
Original post by cathaypacific
What's the maths part of MMI? AS level or A2 level?:hugs::dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE, you really think they would test people on integration when you don't have to do maths to apply for medicine?
Does anyone know if Leicester have started giving out interviews for January? (A100 course)

I'm freaking out as I've had no interviews, one rejection! :frown:
Original post by Avec_Amour
Does anyone know if Leicester have started giving out interviews for January? (A100 course)

I'm freaking out as I've had no interviews, one rejection! :frown:

If your score is 58+ then you have no reason to be worried AT ALL. And if you have 57 then youre probs still in with a shout too. I havent seen anyone post about Jan interviews yet so I wouldnt be too concerned if you have 57+. 56 and below and I wouldnt be too hopeful :/
Any last minute tips?! Interview on Tuesday!
Anyone know when Leicester will be handing out any more interview invites???
Reply 1373
On route to interview, pray for me people!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know when the offers/rejections are given for interviews in December?
Reply 1375
Sat waiting for my 1pm interview and time is going sooo slowly I'm so scared :frown:
Reply 1376
Original post by minhle20
Does anybody know when the offers/rejections are given for interviews in December?

Some offers are given out around 1-3 weeks after the interview week but all rejections and most offers are given out at the end of cycle
Reply 1377
How did everyone find it today? :smile: not too sure how it went, I just know that I did badly on station 5 haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1378
Original post by MedicalMike
Any last minute tips?! Interview on Tuesday!

Same!!! Ahatesrhajakhahj
Reply 1379
interview tomorrow at 8.45 argh!!!! any last minute tips?? :colondollar:

Quick Reply