The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StephenNaulls
That's really strange... Why haven't hey done that for anyone else? What did the email say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here is the email word for word minus my name

Dear Mr X

On behalf of Prof. Kim Piper, Head of Admissions for Medicine and Dentistry, please find enclosed a letter regarding the BTEC/OCR qualification stated on your UCAS application.

Regards,

Teresa Polini
SR Administrator (Medicine)
Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
Garrod Building,
Turner Street
London E1 2AD
Tel: +44 (0) 207 882 2243
Fax: +44 (0) 207 882 7284
Email: [email protected]

This was the letter attached: barts email.PNG

Edit: I replied to this email stating that my qualification was level 2 and did not provide any points.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1201
Found this in their admissions policy
Original post by george1996
Call tomorrow...

Fair enough I will. Have they sent out ALL rejections though? I have friends below that threshold who haven't been rejected yet.
Original post by star10159
Dear Mr X

On behalf of Prof. Kim Piper, Head of Admissions for Medicine and Dentistry, please find enclosed a letter regarding the BTEC/OCR qualification stated on your UCAS application.

Regards,

Teresa Polini
Garrod Building,
Turner Street
London E1 2AD

Seriously, why didn't I get this email? 😫

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ak395
Found this in their admissions policy

Irrelevant. See my post above about them counting tariffable criteria that 'doesn't meet our entrance requirements' when selecting for interview; they just don't count as a means of meeting the offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
what is the bloody cutoff?
Reply 1206
Here is the email word for word minus my name

Dear Mr X

Regards,

Teresa Polini
Garrod Building,
Turner Street
London E1 2AD

Edit: I replied to this email stating that my qualification was level 2 and did not provide any points.

You've just proved that this George guy is talking bulls**t. Props to you sir

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1207
I thought they ranked the UKCAT and Tariff points independently...then averaged your ranks???
Reply 1208
1310 is the cut-off point????
I don't understand why people would lie though, I really don't
Original post by chemz202
You've just proved that this George guy is talking bulls**t. Props to you sir

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasn't my intention to prove anyone right or wrong, just wanted to help you guys as much as I could. :smile:

I would also like to add that I emailed barts before applying specifically asking if they count
General studies, OCR nationals and FSMQ to which they responded that if its in the tariff tables they will award points for it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by GCSE-help
I don't understand why people would lie though, I really don't

Probably trolling. It's pathetic when they take it that far!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It wasn't my intention to prove anyone right or wrong, just wanted to help you guys as much as I could. :smile:

I'm so confused now :/ what is happening? Anyone got any clue on why people are being rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by student0695
I'm so confused now :/ what is happening? Anyone got any clue on why people are being rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile

my best guess would be that they started looking at Personal statement/reference due to the UKCAT screw up this year
my best guess would be that they started looking at Personal statement/reference due to the UKCAT screw up this year

I somehow think that they have started looking at personal statements too! But how did the UKCAT screw up this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of interest, do you know that they have definitely given you the points for the OCR National after that email?

I personally doubt it's the PS/reference, I just think their 'cut-off' will go up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by student0695
I somehow think that they have started looking at personal statements too! But how did the UKCAT screw up this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The extra time given for DA (for confidence ratings) which meant very high scores in DA, which thus meant very high averages.
Reply 1217
Guys, It's non of my business to interfere here but guys, stay calm. Just simply call them to ask tomorrow about anything you might want to. Honestly, arguing on tsr wouldnt solve anything :smile:
Original post by StephenNaulls
Out of interest, do you know that they have definitely given you the points for the OCR National after that email?

I personally doubt it's the PS/reference, I just think their 'cut-off' will go up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, my OCR nationals was level 2 and did not give any UCAS points, which I told them. They replied saying:

Dear X,

Thank you for your reply.
We now proceed on the assessment of your UCAS application.

Best wishes
Teresa

this was on 29th Nov
Original post by nhta112
Guys, It's non of my business to interfere here but guys, stay calm. Just simply call them to ask tomorrow about anything you might want to. Honestly, arguing on tsr wouldnt solve anything :smile:

I was thinking the exact same thing- there's no point trying to work out on what basis people are getting rejected. And i'm pretty sure QM are not going to explain the admissions process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending