Reply 40
Original post by VZFF
Show us more pics :biggrin:

Reply 41
Haha nice pics
Reply 42
Do you get many Kurds with blonde hair?

Have you ever played Metal Gear Solid?

If you have, you might know where I'm going with this.
Reply 43
Original post by Psyk
Do you get many Kurds with blonde hair?

Have you ever played Metal Gear Solid?

If you have, you might know where I'm going with this.

You get Kurds with natural blonde hair, but most the blondes dye their hair

Ive played literally 1 of the MGS games for like 15 minutes, so please enlighten me, carry on :P...
Reply 44
Original post by radiopred
You get Kurds with natural blonde hair, but most the blondes dye their hair

Ive played literally 1 of the MGS games for like 15 minutes, so please enlighten me, carry on :P...

In MGS1 there's a character called Sniper Wolf who is a Kurd from Iraq. And she's blonde. I figure she dyed her hair for better camouflage (the game is set in Alaska).
Reply 45
Original post by Psyk
In MGS1 there's a character called Sniper Wolf who is a Kurd from Iraq. And she's blonde. I figure she dyed her hair for better camouflage (the game is set in Alaska).

Haha maybe I should gee the game another shot :P maybe white hair would be more fitting for Alaska, time to hire some senior citizens
I always just go to the city of Erbil and shaqlawa, around the citadel and the english regions. Its snowing there at the moment, why can't we have some of that weather :/ I just can't stand the relatives that stuff you with food :P

Yeah its changed so much since I've last been, its developing so fast. This is a $5bn project being made by the same company who made half of Dubai, its going to finish in 5 years, looks dope:

hahaha i know what you mean! Whyyy mother nature, whyy?!! I love that kind of weather <3 OMG they just dont know what 'im full' means or 'im not hungry' being force fed ahahah XD Oh WOW looks just like Dubai, not surprised there ahaha. ahh i would kill to go back now :frown:
Reply 47
Original post by Einstein786
hahaha i know what you mean! Whyyy mother nature, whyy?!! I love that kind of weather <3 OMG they just dont know what 'im full' means or 'im not hungry' being force fed ahahah XD Oh WOW looks just like Dubai, not surprised there ahaha. ahh i would kill to go back now :frown:

Yeah winter weathers the best, but last time I went is was still like 20 degrees, and everyone had a go at me for just wearing a t shirt :P typical
I'm half Kurd (iran) yay!
Reply 49
Original post by KrelboyneChic
I'm half Kurd (iran) yay!

Woooo welcome haha to the thread :smile:
I'm genuinely surprised by the amount of Kurdish people I have found on TSR! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by Limitless!
I'm genuinely surprised by the amount of Kurdish people I have found on TSR! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah ikr its turned into a Kurdish welcome thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah winter weathers the best, but last time I went is was still like 20 degrees, and everyone had a go at me for just wearing a t shirt :P typical

hahaha yeah lol its always my mother shouting at me...telling me its so cold, put your jacket on and gloves and hat ahaa im like mother its not that cold haha XD was always like that in Turkey! Did you go on the bosphorus cruise?
Reply 53
hahaha yeah lol its always my mother shouting at me...telling me its so cold, put your jacket on and gloves and hat ahaa im like mother its not that cold haha XD was always like that in Turkey! Did you go on the bosphorus cruise?

No, I did go one like a 2 hour boat trip on the Marmara Sea I think or something, Im spending two days in Istanbul this year on my way there, found the cheapest tickets form Heathrow to Erbil for like £440 :smile:

Ahh the heat, Ive still not even turned my heating on at home yet in Manchester :P
Some of my Arab Iraqi friends still revere Saddam.

What are the reasons behind this?
Reply 55
Yes I am aware of Syria.

First off the PKK, a stupid organisation in the view point of most Kurds. Just like Nelson Mandela was a member of the terrorist unit of the ANC and ordered over a dozen attacks killing multiple, the same goes for the leader of the PKK. However, Mandela did more right then wrong, and even admitted to his crimes (his jail sentence). They were/are both trying to get rid of Aparthidism, but the PKK is more about gaining power than equality which is why its hated. Bare in mind the PKK only formed due to the abuse and inequality among the Kurdish minority in Turkey (14 million people), where they couldn't even speak their own language. Most people including I are happy to see the PKK disabandonment as we don't agree with the principles, although Apartheid still exists. Mandela even rejected his peace prize by Turkey because of its human rights abuses and racism.

YPG formed towards the beginning of this year. Kurds refused to take part in the the Syrian Civil War for both the rebels and the state, and so they were innocently slaughtered. However, the rebels slaughtered and kidnapped hundreds and thousands of Kurds for this reason in the northern cities and Aleppo, and so it was necessary to prevent the innocent killing of Christians, Kurds and other minorities by the terrorist ridden rebels. The most important role of the YPG is to allow the safe passage of refugees into Iraq, there are over 200'000 Syrian Kurds in Iraq now, all paid for by the Kurdish Regional Government as the UN is only willing to help refugees in Turkey.

Whats your opinion of the two acronyms you mentioned?

Well, I am Kurd from Erbil. Your view point about PKK is totally wrong, majority of kurds in Turkey support PKK as a true rebel group fight for freedom. Before 1992, Sadam's regime and jis allies called PDK and PUK Terrorists only because the fought for freedom and today they both rule the country. So dont be mistaken that 80% of kurds in iraq are with PKK and you rarely find a kurd who like turkey. YPG is PKK branch who protect kurds in Syria.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by Inzamam99
Some of my Arab Iraqi friends still revere Saddam.

What are the reasons behind this?

Still most arabs revere Saddam for few reasons: 1- he was known as LION OF ARAB as his army was the beat among arabic armies and because of his support to Palestine.
2- he was agains SHIA MUSLIMS so a great amount of Sunnis were supporting that back then and some now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Lovely thread, the Kurdish people definitely deserve a state
No, I did go one like a 2 hour boat trip on the Marmara Sea I think or something, Im spending two days in Istanbul this year on my way there, found the cheapest tickets form Heathrow to Erbil for like £440 :smile:

Ahh the heat, Ive still not even turned my heating on at home yet in Manchester :P

Ohh that sounds good! :smile: oh no way! Thats the cheapest you could find? Quite a good deal really, so on your you'll be spending two days in Istanbul? :redface: even more jealous now! pleasee take me with youu :frown: ahahaha! you are mad! Its was like 14 degrees a few days ago here in Nottingham, not even cold!
Reply 59
Ohh that sounds good! :smile: oh no way! Thats the cheapest you could find? Quite a good deal really, so on your you'll be spending two days in Istanbul? :redface: even more jealous now! pleasee take me with youu :frown: ahahaha! you are mad! Its was like 14 degrees a few days ago here in Nottingham, not even cold!

Haha its like 10 in Manchester, and its fair to say the weathers been above average all year :P It seems like it doesn't even rain anymore in the rainiest city in england

Latest