The Student Room Group

Guys- would you judge me for this outfit?

My father won't let me leave the house in this:
DCs1098765.jpg
He believes it is too provocative, that it is attracts the wrong people and all other kind of victim blaming/slut shaming rhetoric, I'm sick of all this slut shaming in society, guys act like you only dress for them and their attention and that we are being a tease if we report their harassment. The way I dress doesn't pander to it and reflects that we shouldn't be shamed or controlled.

How many guys on here would judge me negatively for this outfit?

I'm aware western society has a lot of slut shamers especially lad types my age, but that isn't going to change through women pandering and covering up, we shouldn't be shamed for our sexual history, nor do our outfits say anything about are sex lives, so guys be honest about how you would judge me.

Scroll to see replies

Forget slutty, it's just ugly. :yucky:
Reply 2
Original post by lipslikemorphine

It's what I'm comfortable in, I like rock chick style I'd wear it with a leather jacket like Taylor Momsen.
Reply 3
I would, yes. Not because of slut shaming though, I think that guys who go out in skimpy vests in mid December are douches.

People judge everyone by the way they dress, the way you dress is an expression of yourself, if you knowingly dress like a "slut", you have done so with the knowledge of societys pre conceived ideas of that style and shows that you don't mind if people think you are a "slut" and a lot of people who don't mind people thinking they are a "slut" are "sluts"
Original post by lipslikemorphine

Original post by Janeylee
It's what I'm comfortable in, I like rock chick style I'd wear it with a leather jacket like Taylor Momsen.

Um, i'm not sure you understand what rock chick is...I've never seen Taylor Momsen wear anything like that...

But to answer your actually question, yes it is slutty,
Reply 6
You look a mess. No offence
You call that a top? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I'm not surprised he doesn't want you to leave the house.
Original post by Janeylee
My father won't let me leave the house in this:
DCs1098765.jpg
He believes it is too provocative, that it is attracts the wrong people and all other kind of victim blaming/slut shaming rhetoric, I'm sick of all this slut shaming in society, guys act like you only dress for them and their attention and that we are being a tease if we report their harassment. The way I dress doesn't pander to it and reflects that we shouldn't be shamed or controlled.

How many guys on here would judge me negatively for this outfit?

I'm aware western society has a lot of slut shamers especially lad types my age, but that isn't going to change through women pandering and covering up, we shouldn't be shamed for our sexual history, nor do our outfits say anything about are sex lives, so guys be honest about how you would judge me.

Yes, society is very bad. Your dad probably recognises this fact and is trying to mitigate the effects.

There may also be another issue in the back of his mind, which is that the way his children express themselves is in part a reflection on him.
icky outfit haha definately not like tay mom
No, wear what you want :smile:
lol :facepalm: forgotten what clothes are honey?
Reply 13
Original post by MJ1012
I would, yes. Not because of slut shaming though, I think that guys who go out in skimpy vests in mid December are douches.

People judge everyone by the way they dress, the way you dress is an expression of yourself, if you knowingly dress like a "slut", you have done so with the knowledge of societys pre conceived ideas of that style and shows that you don't mind if people think you are a "slut" and a lot of people who don't mind people thinking they are a "slut" are "sluts"

I'm a virgin, and it makes a point that dress doesn't equal sexual history and guys need to stop thinking it does. By your logic nudists must have the longest sexual history out of everyone, there are tribes in africa where women being topless is the norm, it's down to society. I do mind people thinking I'm a slut as it is a completely sexist concept.

Slut is a completely subjective term, I'm sure some people in the middle east find Kate Middleton to be too "provocative". :rolleyes:
Wheres the rest of it??
I think you look lovely.

**** all the haters yo, you just do you, girl.
Reply 16
Original post by Aniqa Bushra
lol :facepalm: forgotten what clothes are honey?

I'm pretty sure you're wearing a low cut top in your profile picture, honey.:rolleyes: So what tiny bit of skin shown transforms me in to such a disgraceful woman compared to you? Women slut shamers are the worse, they forget there is always a place where they would be slut shamed too.
I'd judge you because its terrible. Thats how my 42 year old aunt having a mid life crisis dresses.
Reply 18
The leggings and shoes are quite nice.

Original post by TurboCretin
There may also be another issue in the back of his mind, which is that the way his children express themselves is in part a reflection on him.

I wouldn't think that. His children are capable of coming to their own decisions, on individual expression. There's only so much a parent can do and dress sense isn't the worse thing someone can do! Honestly, the way people react, it's like they've killed someone.
It's December, surely its too cold for that anyway :/ To be honest I would judge you (especially if you are quite young) , and if my friend/sister/future daughter went out the house like that I would say something. At the end of the day in some countries you can walk around like that and be fine, but in the UK you would just be drawing attention to yourself and the wrong type of attention. Is fair enough young girls these days going for the 'I am a young independent women and can dress how I like and my clothes don't define who I am' but many others wont see it like that. Lots of crazy and dangerous people out there, why take the risk just to prove a statement... :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest