The Student Room Group

A website that matches interests to job/career?

I'm a second year university student but I'm not entirely sure what I want to do as a career. I've thought about clinical psychology and counselling or therapy but my heart doesn't feel set on these options. One reason being, I just don't think I'd have the self-motivation to study even more after my undergrad :colondollar: I know if I want something then I should be willing to go through the hard work to achieve it, but I'm generally not sure that I'd be happy with these jobs either.

So, I was wondering do you know of any website which match your interests in terms of what you want from a job, how you want to work, who you want to work with etc and give you a number of outcomes to match these interests? I've done the questionnaires which tell you what you'd be good at, but I've never seen a job that I've thought "Yeah, I'd be great at that! or "I'd love that!" But I do have some idea of what I would or wouldn't want to do and if there was such a tool I think it could help me out, but I don't think there is :/
I don't know much but goodluck with your future =p
Reply 2
You are a second year uni student who hasn't decided what they want to do yet? Good luck :curious:
Reply 3
Prospects.ac.uk has something similar to that, asks you a bunch of questions and matches them up to a career.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Ben_K
You are a second year uni student who hasn't decided what they want to do yet? Good luck :curious:

Well I'm doing a 4 year course :tongue: I do have some idea, I'm just not 100% certain.
Reply 5
Original post by IdeasForLife
I don't know much but goodluck with your future =p

Thanks! :tongue:

Original post by Toya
Prospects.ac.uk has something similar to that, asks you a bunch of questions and matches them up to a career.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I remember correctly that matches you to your skills etc, not exactly what I mean. But I'll check it out again, thanks.
Reply 6
Original post by Ben_K

I hadn't either. In fact I'd say a lot of people don't fully decide until their final year. Not saying that's good, but it's not unusual or necessarily detrimental.
This puzzles me also, why would you go uni if you don't know what you want to do as a career ? Expensive way of deciding lol.
Reply 8
Original post by Get_Lucky_606
This puzzles me also, why would you go uni if you don't know what you want to do as a career ? Expensive way of deciding lol.

Because ultimately you should study what you're good at, and enjoy, at university - not go to university because you have a specific job/career in mind (with the exception of Medicine/Engineering - although it's not impossible going into either from related degrees).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending