The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
Original post by star10159
my best guess would be that they started looking at Personal statement/reference due to the UKCAT screw up this year

Yeah that would explain why they've taken longer this year to start sending interviews/rejections too
Original post by kitkat1
Look up fair admissions principles. Transparency is key to a good admissions policy.

What do they mean by transparency?
Georgey boy's been naughty :wink: little liar...

Original post by star10159
my best guess would be that they started looking at Personal statement/reference due to the UKCAT screw up this year

I think this is the most reasonable explanation, I really hope it's true, it would explains loads...Not been rejected yet but expecting it.

UCAS tariff: 660
UCKAT: 660
Original post by thepizzamonster
Georgey boy's been naughty :wink: little liar...

I think this is the most reasonable explanation, I really hope it's true, it would explains loads...Not been rejected yet but expecting it.

UCAS tariff: 660
UCKAT: 660

On UCAS they merely state you have been rejected 'due to increased competition' which is wholly ambiguous. Does this mean that my application was fine and normally I would have been given an interview just they had too many applicants or I'm not even sure what else? I shall be on to them first thing in the morning to find out!
Reply 1224
Original post by Samodude11
On UCAS they merely state you have been rejected 'due to increased competition' which is wholly ambiguous. Does this mean that my application was fine and normally I would have been given an interview just they had too many applicants or I'm not even sure what else? I shall be on to them first thing in the morning to find out!

what was your stats?
Original post by nhta112
what was your stats?

I'm a graduate but my UKCAT was 685 which although I realise not ridiculously high it would have got me an interview last year
Probably going to get a rejection tomorrow :rolleyes:
Reply 1227
Original post by raveen789
Probably going to get a rejection tomorrow :rolleyes:

Do you meet the 1310 cut off point that someone posted?
Rejection due to 'increased competition', thought my 760 ukcat was enough :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DonGreeky
Rejection due to 'increased competition', thought my 760 ukcat was enough :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear, when did you get rejected? Have you called them up and asked why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DonGreeky

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woww! :frown: What were your A level predictions?
Original post by nhta112
Do you meet the 1310 cut off point that someone posted?

Nope mine comes to 1280 and somebody else with same stats got a rejection too :frown:
What is the assumed cut off for graduates as we don't have any UCAS points?

Also gave any other UK graduates been rejected yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1233
I am going to call them today to ask when they will give out interviews/rejections?... I just cannot keep waiting on the edge like this...
Original post by nhta112
I am going to call them today to ask when they will give out interviews/rejections?... I just cannot keep waiting on the edge like this...

Ask about the 1310 cut-off :colondollar:
Reply 1235
Original post by Aelith
I don't really get your question but I didn't pass AS since I'm not in UK.

There we go. The requirements are AAAb and you do not have a fourth subject so that's probably where you didn't meet the requirements
What is the assumed cut off for graduates as we don't have any UCAS points?

Also gave any other UK graduates been rejected yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There have been some graduates that have been rejected. I've not heard anything yet. Eeek, it's Monday and now the rejections/invitations waiting game starts! Good luck!!
I just spoke to admissions and asked them what it meant 'due to increased competition' and they said that means that you haven't achieved the required UKCAT. Grrrrrr
I just spoke to admissions and asked them what it meant 'due to increased competition' and they said that means that you haven't achieved the required UKCAT. Grrrrrr

Ok.. I was optimistic but now I'm worried!!
Original post by unnati212
Ok.. I was optimistic but now I'm worried!!

They also wouldn't say what the required UKCAT was

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending