The Student Room Group

PS4 Vs Xbox One? Which one are you going for?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bill_Gates
Good call, picked up my xbox one two days ago. Amazing console!

Both the consoles are great dont get me wrong but kill zone what a let down on ps4 graphically beautiful, terrible game.

Forza on the other hand, totally crisp!!

P.S about the snap feature you hear both but you hear the tv more and then you can snap out to the game only. Its the best feature ever!!

Lucky man!

Killzone I have never got in to to be honest. Think I tried the first 2 and it wasn't for me.

Cheers for letting me know about the snap feature!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Good call, picked up my xbox one two days ago. Amazing console!

Both the consoles are great dont get me wrong but kill zone what a let down on ps4 graphically beautiful, terrible game.

Forza on the other hand, totally crisp!!

P.S about the snap feature you hear both but you hear the tv more and then you can snap out to the game only. Its the best feature ever!!

I don't see how you can watch tv through the Xbox one,especially with the snap feature. The fact that the console outputs at 60hz but tv is at 50hz just makes it unwatchable with judder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 102
Original post by heyimbored
I don't see how you can watch tv through the Xbox one,especially with the snap feature. The fact that the console outputs at 60hz but tv is at 50hz just makes it unwatchable with judder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL it is absolutely seamless. Had no problems whatsoever.

I've been playing Forza, Fifa all day today whilst watching the premier league and zero lags.
My TV channels and Mega Drive is seamless too tbf. Just press a button and boom, I'm watching TV. It's some space-age technology, I tell ya.
Neither, because they're both ****

Spoiler

Last time I posted on a topic like this I got so many down votes xD This time I'll try not to sway to far to one console xD I think both are good, both have improved significantly. Personally I think I'd get an Xbox One, just because game developers in general will code there games to the lowest spec console on the market, ironically that's the xbox one, and I doubt game developers will stop developing games for Xbox. So after considering that I thought the Xbox One seemed to have added the most new features (not all good but they have added a few good ones). That's not to say the PS4 isn't good, just wouldn't be my console of choice.

I don't think I'll be getting either any time soon anyway... PC is much cheaper anyway xD The only reason I MIGHT get the Xbox is because I like the exclusives they have listed and I like the casual sort of gaming experience you get with a console. Other than that PC all the way :P
Currently got the one and loving it. Battlefield is awesome and so is snap so I can watch football and play at the same time
Reply 107
Original post by neal95
Currently got the one and loving it. Battlefield is awesome and so is snap so I can watch football and play at the same time

ditto, absolutely loving it. Got ps4 too but snap and the controller sell the xbox one to me!
LOL it is absolutely seamless. Had no problems whatsoever.

I've been playing Forza, Fifa all day today whilst watching the premier league and zero lags.

I don't see how you can live with it. MS should be able to update it to output at 50hz when you're only watching tv, although they don't seem to care about us in the UK/Europe, but you'll always have that issue with the snap feature because games are at 60hz and it can't output at both.

It's just awful judder, like i
f I wr
rote m
y r
eply li
me t
his

Unwatchable (or unreadable for the above)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
I don't see how you can live with it. MS should be able to update it to output at 50hz when you're only watching tv, although they don't seem to care about us in the UK/Europe, but you'll always have that issue with the snap feature because games are at 60hz and it can't output at both.

It's just awful judder, like i
f I wr
rote m
y r
eply li
me t
his

Unwatchable (or unreadable for the above)

Posted from TSR Mobile

i've been playing again today with both running at the same time. Running BF4 and Forza and watching tv on snap. NO JUDDER OR LAG WHATSOEVER!!
I don't understand how you can be playing a game properly and also watching the TV.

Quite a lot of games require you to have your full attention on it. Especially a racing game or FPS.
i've been playing again today with both running at the same time. Running BF4 and Forza and watching tv on snap. NO JUDDER OR LAG WHATSOEVER!!

Maybe you're a lucky one that can't see it, or as above you're not actually watching the tv properly, but I can assure you that it's there, because the only way to get around the issue introduces judder, there's no judder-free solution.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 112
Maybe you're a lucky one that can't see it, or as above you're not actually watching the tv properly, but I can assure you that it's there, because the only way to get around the issue introduces judder, there's no judder-free solution.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can assure you there is no judder whatsoever. My brother has the same console and we have both had no problems are enjoying this console sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I just ordered ryse son of rome now cannot wait.
Reply 113
Original post by NathanW18
I don't understand how you can be playing a game properly and also watching the TV.

Quite a lot of games require you to have your full attention on it. Especially a racing game or FPS.

It works, trust me. They have done a great job.
Original post by NathanW18

Lol, this.

I can barely talk to other people when I'm playing F1, let alone concentrate on something else.

Why in gods name you would spend a HUNDRED quid more for a console that is technically WEAKER is beyond me. I'm not stating that from looking at the games available as neither system will have games that take advantage of the available hardware yet and both systems will have Day 1 bugs till probably February but from the technical specifications the Xbox One is the weaker system.

So yeah its PS4 for me. The launch lineup sucks on both end to be honest. BF4 is a pile of rushed broken arse, you're a fool if you paid for that and even expected it to be a job done well. COD: Ghosts is the worst COD to date and is essentially pointless. Killzone isn't a Killzone game. Knack is just...what. Forza, well its racing...probably good but im not fussed and if its not split screen it can go **** a brick.

Plus Sony have Naughty Dog...gotta love my Naughty Dog.
It works, trust me. They have done a great job.

I don't doubt that it works. I have seen videos of it and it looks like an interesting concept. I just don't know how you can concentrate on both at the same time.

Original post by mikeyd85
Lol, this.

I can barely talk to other people when I'm playing F1, let alone concentrate on something else.

Exactly. Games like F1 require full concentration. You're going so fast that any error can screw you over.
Bad publicity of XBone has led to ps4 been hyped out and people that I know either have purchased or are opting for ps4.

Me I suspect XBone long term will have the better range of games and better online gaming experience.

But it's difficult not to go for ps4 now that all my mates have/are.

Answer: for the first time ever I'm going to be a sheep and therefore get ps4
My actual opinion: long term XBone will be better and I want this to be so despite going on to own a ps4

On another note - mind you I will never follow the Apple flock unless I truly believe their phone is good . Long live Android os.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by DaveDavids
Bad publicity of XBone has led to ps4 been hyped out and people that I know either have purchased or are opting for ps4.

Me I suspect XBone long term will have the better range of games and better online gaming experience.

But it's difficult not to go for ps4 now that all my mates have/are.

Answer: for the first time ever I'm going to be a sheep and therefore get ps4
My actual opinion: long term XBone will be better and I want this to be so despite going on to own a ps4

On another note - mind you I will never follow the Apple flock unless I truly believe their phone is good . Long live Android os.

It makes sense to buy what your mates have tbh. Gaming with friends > any other gaming experience.

I can assure you there is no judder whatsoever. My brother has the same console and we have both had no problems are enjoying this console sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I just ordered ryse son of rome now cannot wait.

I can assure you, there is judder, and if you look around the UK reviews that have mentioned it then you'll see that I'm not the only one. It's practically a requirement that it's introduced in order to match the frame rates up. MS could fix it to allow the xbox to output at 50Hz when only displaying TV content, (but I doubt that will happen), but that problem will always be there when a game is on screen at the same time.

It's like when you play a blu-ray on a TV that doesn't support 24fps playback, and it bumps it up to 25fps. You'd think that it wouldn't make much difference just adding that one more frame per second, but it looks like you're watching in fast forward. Here, one in six of the frames that you're watching is wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest