The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

So I just rang...

They said that they have no way of telling me what my tariff score was or what qualifications were included in the calculation (helpful). They did say though, that the UKCAT cut-off, which changes every year, was above my UKCAT score of 710. They said that they have an algorithm that makes it a 50/50 split between UKCAT and UCAS tariff, but that my 710 UCAS tariff was unable to make up for my UKCAT.

Although they couldn't actually confirm whether or not they'd counted all of my qualifications, which is all I wanted them to do. Sigh. Hopefully they'll be more helpful via email.
Original post by Samodude11
They also wouldn't say what the required UKCAT was

I'm bound to be rejected as a graduate who got rejected had a UKCAT of 700 - 30 less than mine :frown:
Reply 1242
Original post by StephenNaulls
So I just rang...

They said that they have no way of telling me what my tariff score was or what qualifications were included in the calculation (helpful). They did say though, that the UKCAT cut-off, which changes every year, was above my UKCAT score of 710. They said that they have an algorithm that makes it a 50/50 split between UKCAT and UCAS tariff, but that my 710 UCAS tariff was unable to make up for my UKCAT.

Although they couldn't actually confirm whether or not they'd counted all of my qualifications, which is all I wanted them to do. Sigh. Hopefully they'll be more helpful via email.

I am confused... so did they say you got rejected with 710 tariffs and 710 UKCAT?
Original post by nhta112
I am confused... so did they say you got rejected with 710 tariffs and 710 UKCAT?

Well they assured me it was impossible for them to make a mistake on my tariff, so it must be 710. So yeah, I guess that's what they're saying.

There's a UKCAT cut-off now, that's what's happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1244
Well they assured me it was impossible for them to make a mistake on my tariff, so it must be 710. So yeah, I guess that's what they're saying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But 710 tariffs and 710 UKCAT is an extremely good combination. They said they took in account both 50:50... how can the cut-off combination be higher than yours??? :frown:(( I really do not understand at all.... Not so many people could get 710 UKCAT AND 710 tariffs.... this is sooo insane! I AM SO ANGRY ON YOUR BEHALF....
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by nhta112
But 710 tariffs and 710 UKCAT is an extremely good combination. They said they took in account both 50:50... how can the cut-off combination be higher than yours??? :frown:(( I really do not understand at all.... Not so many people could get 710 UKCAT AND 710 tariffs.... this is sooo insane!

I honestly don't know. I've emailed them too, but I just don't understand why they can't just tell me the qualifications they included in my tariff calculation. It's stupid. But like I said, the woman said there was a cut-off, so I'm speculating a cut-off of at least 710+ in the UKCAT, then they proceed normally for everyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1246

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well what I understood is that theres a UKCAT cutoff but if your tariff is high enough to compensate for a low ukcat then youre ok .. ?? So its not just the 50:50 ratio they look at ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Conaura
Well what I understood is that theres a UKCAT cutoff but if your tariff is high enough to compensate for a low ukcat then youre ok .. ?? So its not just the 50:50 ratio they look at ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know. Anything beyond what I've told you would just be speculation.

Anyway, I'm done with Barts. Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know if it is 1310, I have a tariff of...785 ukcat, 480 ucas and I still haven't been rejected.
Original post by Pedro H
Don't give up. Make proper enquires with the relevant bodies. You've worked hard to get here.

When you say make enquiries who do you suggest speaking to?
Reply 1250
I don't know. Anything beyond what I've told you would just be speculation.

Anyway, I'm done with Barts. Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck with your other choices!! Thanks for sharing this info !! I wish you the best!! 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1251
I just called and the woman said the interview invitations would be sent out at least 10 days before the actual interview date. That is all they can say. She also said that rejections are being sent out until March. The pre interview rejections are being sent out so we can expect to hear rejections soon.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Pedro H
Don't give up. Make proper enquires with the relevant bodies. You've worked hard to get here.

What do you mean??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nhta112
I just called and the woman said the interview invitations would be sent out at least 10 days before the actual interview date. That is all they can say. She also said that rejections are being sent out until March. The pre interview rejections are being sent out so we can expect to hear rejections soon.

Have they already sent out all the pre-interview rejections ?? I just really don't believe that ukcat cut-off is 710+ because if it was they wouldn't have said in the email that we have considered all the applications that meet the 2400 cut-off. They would have mentioned a new cut off and what I believe is that they have a total cut-off. I could be wrong !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1254
Have all the pre-interview rejections been sent out?
Reply 1255
I find that admission offices have an unusually frustrating skill of being able to be completely ambiguous, in other words, pure "mind f*ckers"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1256
no, obviously not. that's wishful thinking
I love how Admissions sent out a warning newsletter a day before this mad onslaught commenced. Commiserations to all those rejected. :frown: Chin up!
Reply 1258
UKCAT: 700
UCAS Tariff: 735

dunno what to expect??
Reply 1259
are there any graduates here?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending