The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Descartes93
Thank you :smile: Well done to you too, getting an interview is amazing in itself! You will be fine, just try and relax as much as you can and be friendly and welcoming :smile: The interview process is actually so nice, the interviewers are really really friendly and genuinely want you to do your best and get through. Getting an interview means they already like you and want you - the interview is just to test how you would be in an actual school/as a teacher. Hope that calms you somewhat, and let us know how it goes! Rooting for you :smile:

Aww Thank You. That means a lot :smile: what was the interview like? can you private message me?
Got my first interview on Tuesday and I'll be so glad when it's over. I'm so nervous it's making me ill! It will impact my performance, I just know it :frown: .

This is my last choice though so I'm glad it's not my first.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anisa-101
Hi Guys,
Who has applied for Secondary English? Where did you apply? Who has got interviews?

Me! Applied for Exeter and Chichester PGCE and then the Solent SCITT. Offers from the last two, just waiting to hear back from Exeter now! I'm wondering if anyone has heard from Exeter? Or do they like to keep us worried for as long as possible! Good luck with your application! :smile:
Original post by dancing_shoes92
Me! Applied for Exeter and Chichester PGCE and then the Solent SCITT. Offers from the last two, just waiting to hear back from Exeter now! I'm wondering if anyone has heard from Exeter? Or do they like to keep us worried for as long as possible! Good luck with your application! :smile:

Congrats! Aww thank you. All the best :smile:
Original post by Airfairy
Got my first interview on Tuesday and I'll be so glad when it's over. I'm so nervous it's making me ill! It will impact my performance, I just know it :frown: .

This is my last choice though so I'm glad it's not my first.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it seems almost impossible but try to be as calm and composed as you can be. Nerves are natural and they are definitely expecting them but the trick is to control those nerves and make sure you come across as friendly, inviting and level-headed. Don't stress too much, once the interview begins and you see all the other people the same as you, it weirdly calms you lol. The interviewers aren't there to catch you out, they want you to get in :smile: You will be fine honestly :smile: Let us know how it goes!
Original post by sandyN91
Just found out I have an interview for IOE secondary English. So happy!!!!! Theres no presentation but a discussion and a short written task? Is the written task hard? Also what you think they looking for. So nervous! What you think I should do to prep!

Hi :smile: Same here!!!! :biggrin: See you on Thursday
Hi :smile: That's amazing! well done! I probably would have also done the same lol. I have applied to IOE, Oxford Brookes and Kings College for Secondary English. I have an interview at IOE on Thursday, I'm so nervous.

So you haven't heard back from Oxford Brookes? I haven't either. It's the only one I haven't heard anything from (other than a 'thanks for your application' email. I've had an interview for Oxford (which I haven't heard back from yet) and I have an upcoming interview for Bristol.

Original post by sophiebath12
i'm a firm believer in 'if its meant to happen then it will'

I really dislike this phrase. It seems so redundant. Why are things 'meant' to happen? It seems to me about as useful as stating "stuff that happens, happens".
Original post by Squoosh25
So you haven't heard back from Oxford Brookes? I haven't either. It's the only one I haven't heard anything from (other than a 'thanks for your application' email. I've had an interview for Oxford (which I haven't heard back from yet) and I have an upcoming interview for Bristol.

No I haven't. They just emailed saying we have your application. All the best.
Reply 3688
Original post by Shelly_x
There are plenty of articles about this on the internet, just research. Look at TES, Guardian, BBC etc. As well as the actual government documents on the changes themselves which are on the DfE website.

Thanking you kindly :smile:
Reply 3689
Original post by tory88
Thanks, I'm very happy with it. They got back to me in two days, but I get the sense I am an exception to the rule though (I'm physics with maths so have an unusual consideration process as it goes through two departments). I met someone I was interviewed with a week later at another interview, and they hadn't heard back either.

Well done all the same, and good luck for Kings!
Hi Guys,
Who has applied for Secondary English? Where did you apply? Who has got interviews?

I applied to Durham, Sunderland and Chester for English. Application went in 5th December due to reference delay and I've heard absolutely nothing from all three!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3691
Original post by Esmeralda4
Anyone else have an interview at Derby?

Also, those with interviews at Notts Trent or Leicester, how did they inform you?

Hiya, yes I have an interview tomorrow at Derby.. and Nottingham Trent today! thy both let me know via email xx
Original post by sbxox
Hiya, yes I have an interview tomorrow at Derby.. and Nottingham Trent today! thy both let me know via email xx

Thanks! And good luck. :-)
My Derby interview is on Thursday. I don't know whether I am more nervous or excited!
Reply 3693
Original post by Esmeralda4
Thanks! And good luck. :-)
My Derby interview is on Thursday. I don't know whether I am more nervous or excited!

Same! will be relieved to get them done :smile: good luck to you too!
Reply 3694
I haven't heard a peep out of any of my applications (nottingham secondary history & 2 school directs) and I'm starting to feel a bit deflated.. I sent the application on the 7th due to reference delays is it likely it'll be January before I even have an acknowledgement now?
Just curious, are the deadlines for primary already passed? I've heard in the past that applications close generally a month or two after the start date.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3696
Just sent off the my application for secondary maths wooooo! This is bringing back memories of checking track every hour for undergrad applications haha. Really excited to to start hearing back from places!
Reply 3697
How long, on average, do interviews last for? I am supposed to interview at Strathclyde University in the morning and then at Glasgow in the afternoon? Will this be a problem? The start times are approximately 5 hours apart.
Reply 3698
Original post by Yahowho
How long, on average, do interviews last for? I am supposed to interview at Strathclyde University in the morning and then at Glasgow in the afternoon? Will this be a problem? The start times are approximately 5 hours apart.

Roughly 3.5 hours. Not knowing how far apart Strathclyde and Glasgow are apart, I would say it's tight but do able. However, this is based upon English PGCE interview timings and I don't know if Scottish PGDEs will be different. If you can get one of them to change their date, I would.

Good luck
Ahhhh I've just been given an offer from London Met after being rejected by Canterbury!!!

Does anyone know anything about funding/bursaries for a PGCE in Citizenship?

Latest

Trending

Trending