Thread's quite quiet today :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's quiet most days
Original post by Tomsta
It's quiet most days

mmmm, fairs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's such a different crowd in here now, where'd everyone go? :colondollar:
I got into an over 25s club last night. Does this mean I look old?!?
Reply 7764
Original post by StartSomething
I got into an over 25s club last night. Does this mean I look old?!?

How low can you go on the limbo?
Original post by lucine.B
Hahaha :h:
Defo yeah! Oh yeah, not bad 'ey. So you live in London too??? :cool: hehe.
Anytime! :biggrin: Mmm we all do dw, you're not alone :console: You will, I can tell its something you're passionate about so you're gonna say all the things ya need to :smile: Aw, shame. Ah well :tongue:
I think so too :smile: Of course haha, will be able to toally immerse myself in a culture completely different to my own and the ones I have experienced! Oh I know, it'll demand a lot of me but I'm willing to put in the work. Oh yes tis very important. It in fact has the up most importance :wink:

Not sure, he's educating me about each place he think I may really like. During my gap year he's gonna take me so i can see it for myself :ahee: He's told me about Zante and a few other Islands hehe.

Haha :smile: I totally agree with you! :cool:
That's actually a good idea. It's best to find THE place which is for you! :biggrin: So how's life? :smile:
Original post by IDukem
How low can you go on the limbo?

Low. Very low. :colone:
Reply 7767

Then you're not old then :wink: :teehee:
Original post by IDukem
Then you're not old then :wink: :teehee:

I know I'm not old.

I was just worried about looking old :tongue: Well, not worried exactly. Just wondering :lol:
Original post by CharlieTT
Look at tutor2u, it's really helpful. Other than that keep your eye on the Business section of the news and a good idea would also be to follow stocks of key companies when major events with them happen.

For your exams you'll want to use PEEL:

Point- Make a point
Example- Use examples and evidence
Explain- Evaluate
Link- Link back to Question

for your evaluation, you'll want to use AIM.

Answer - Focus the trigger words in the question, make a clear judgement and justify your reasoning.
It Depends - Discuss what the overall issue depends upon. Try to come up with a few issues and explain fully with an example.
Most Important - What is the most important issue when considering the conclusion? Explain why it is most important.

You can put it into this structure right here:

Introduction

Definition of topic you will be discussing e.g. CSR, Culture etc.

Setting the scene for what you will be discussing e.g. Relate a business you will be talking about to the topic

Argument

Point 1

Evidence/Example 1

Evaluate 1

Point 2

Evidence/Example 2

Evaluate 2

Link back to question

Counter Argument

Point 1

Evidence/Example 1

Evaluate 1

Point 2

Evidence/Example 2

Evaluate 2

Link back to question

Concluding Paragraph

Answer/Address

It Depends

Most Important

For up to 10 markers, do an introduction, 1 paragraph for and 1 against. For 12-18 markers, do an introduction, 1 paragraph for, 1 against and a conclusion. For 34+ markers, follow the structure above.

This is exactly what I do. Hopefully I'll get an overall A* what did you get...you finished it right???
Original post by euphrosyne
My pleasure! Aw thank you haha, I wish I was called Diana though, I love that name :h: And no, you're not :colone:
Oh my goodness, you have 5 in a day, only?! And 4?! I have 6, that's beyond torture.
Lucine, I am extremely jealous. I have 2 lessons once a week, and on every other day, I have 4 or more (on Wednesday I have 6), it's horrible! I'm always too exhausted to study at home, so I just procrastinate which is so bad :frown:
Hahaha, we definitely deserve more! :rolleyes:
:biggrin: Anytime :h: haha, aww that is a lovely name and of course there was Princess Diana so its very royal too :mmm: Haha ikr :colone: I'm far from an agel :innocent: :angel: Ah but one can dream :daydreaming: Yeah that's the main timetable for most people in the country! Just 5 periods a day :redface: Oh no really??? Then you deserve this :hugs: & a :penguinhug: how cute right??? :ahee: That's total torture and its A levels, you never wanna be in for that long or you'd just kill yourself... such a shame. Are you in yr 12 or 13??? Exhaustion is just the worse, I toll feel like just sleeping 24/7 but I hate having naps or lie-ins. I barely sleep tbh, go to bed at like 3/4 :colondollar: Procrastination gets the better of me too :frown: Its annoying, I do end up doing a little work tho...just not enough :no: So much more!!! :woohoo: :party: cant wait to live it up when I finish next summer!!! yeah boooooooooooooooi :party: hehe.
Original post by mjj22
haha thats okkk!!! yep, we're in it together bro:smile:

FIRST WEEK BACK?!!! id be sooo annoyed :redface: DAYUMMM!!! NO NO NO WE SHALL BOTH DO FAB LULU BEAR!!!
LOL nice technique:smile: my rents would literally put me on house arrest for EVERYTHING if i flunked anything:redface: plus id probs beat myself up for it.

i actually HATE shopping!! -unless if its for food. ahem and by food i mean chicken:smile:- thats the only part of christmas shopping i love, picking out the biggest chicken!!! I have issues with turkey ok... so i get my rents to buy chicken instead:smile:

lol, my other secret santa stuff came in the post today:P and still procrastinating -sigh-

im actully sticking to mines:redface: shockerr... guess theres a first time for everything huh?:colondollar:

lol nope, didnt end well for me last time! they got in trouble today though, because alot was disorganised. i just sit and chill:smile:

P.S. AGENTS OF SHIELD!!!!! I FINALLY CAUGHT UP, DAYUM... WARD JUST GETS BEAUTIFUL...AND BEAUTIFUL...AND MORE BEAUTIFUL...AND MORE MORE BEAUTIFUL.... IN EVERY EPISODE.
AHEM.
May&Ward:wink: they r cute together. MAY IS AMAZING AT FIGHTING OPMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG....:tongue:ppp

THANK YOU THANKYOU looool please not the scottish accent, still never fully understand it:colondollar:$
Ohhhh i was on my phone earlier so i didnt see it but saw it now:smile:

Oh ikr?!! I don't think I'm too upset since it'd be nice to just get it out of the way straight away...but then I would like an extra week to at least settle back into the school routine. :redface: HAHAHA WHY OF COURSE M'DEAR!!! I hope we do :colondollar: Maybe we'll get a genie tomorrow then we can wish to pass our exams :yay: :biggrin: Yeah it seems to work too, since I did it throughout my GCSE's :h: Haha LOOOOOL :rofl: whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!! You're kidding right :laugh: awww! Haha, I don't think my parents even know I do it. I don't always properly flunk it like I sometimes try for a B/C and then obvs go for an A/A* in the real thing :cool: Oh I know I never get a U or anything, I flunk but I at least pass i'd probz kill myself for getting a U even if it was a mock :redface: Shopping is hell right??? :shakecane: Like its so long and takes forever :zomg: By the time I get into one shop and leave I just wanna sit down and stop :lol: I cant help just wanna sit down like every few minutes. I can sort of be okay for shoe shopping since I love shoes plus you get to sit down when trying them on :wink: and yes food shopping is fun, since I love food :love: and cooking/ baking I do find that fun but in some way tiring...and :shock: like how good is chicken?! :sogood: tis too amazing :drool: Haha aww :daydreaming: wrapping is so annoying but luckily I can be quick at it which helps...even then boy is it annoying! The holidays are acoming :bigsmile: really want Friday to COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME QUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!! :smile: Haha oh really??? Aww. I'm sorta sticking to mine its just with the amount of hw we get there's barely anytime to actually revise :frown: always hehe :^_^: Oh really??? How come??? And lol serves 'em right I woulda just leaned back and relax at the sight of that :teehee: Oh yeah defo chill :smile: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH!!! LMFAO YAY HEHE WOOOP WOOOP :woohoo: :woo: :party: I CAN SEE IT TOO :grin: SO MUCH MORE BEAUTIFUL :cute: I MEAN *COUGH COUGH* RIGHT??? LOLZ aWWW YEAH how cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhuuuuuuuuuuuuuhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhuuuuuuuuuuuuute :love: :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by spiral87
There's such a different crowd in here now, where'd everyone go? :colondollar:

We're still here :tongue: Just with exams and that its hard to always be on...hows you??? :smile:
Original post by Bazinga13
Haha :smile: I totally agree with you! :cool:
That's actually a good idea. It's best to find THE place which is for you! :biggrin: So how's life? :smile:

Awesome! :biggrin: Knock 'em dead :wink: Haha I thought so too :h: Of course, that's definitely the way to do it :ahee: Life is good ya know, not too bad. Cant wait for this week to end! :biggrin: Hows life for you???

:five: :colone: :teehee:
Evening all - everyone ok?
Reply 7772
Original post by Jack22031994
Evening all - everyone ok?

Good being back home
Original post by Tomsta
Good being back home

cool - I'm back home too :smile:.
We're still here :tongue: Just with exams and that its hard to always be on...hows you??? :smile:

Oh yeah, exams, I'll be doing those this time next year :tongue: I'm fine, I just had my cast removed from surgery and I have a nice shiny new nose, I'm still writing my application/PS for Uni, I've got tons of work to do, it's all action!
Morning
Original post by spiral87
Oh yeah, exams, I'll be doing those this time next year :tongue: I'm fine, I just had my cast removed from surgery and I have a nice shiny new nose, I'm still writing my application/PS for Uni, I've got tons of work to do, it's all action!

Really??? Why next year :tongue: I've got my mocks in Jan then my actual exams start in May :redface: Ooooh I haven't worn a cast since year 9 I think. What happened??? Action is good :biggrin: Love me some action haha. Where you applying to??? I'm taking a gap year so will applying next academic year.
Original post by Jack22031994
Morning

Morning :smile:
Really??? Why next year :tongue: I've got my mocks in Jan then my actual exams start in May :redface: Ooooh I haven't worn a cast since year 9 I think. What happened??? Action is good :biggrin: Love me some action haha. Where you applying to??? I'm taking a gap year so will applying next academic year.

I assume Uni exams happen around this time of year too? :tongue: I wore a cast for six weeks when I fractured my wrist in 2009, it was horrid as it was my writing hand as well :frown: Lucky I use my left for other matters :colone: I joined the TOWIE crowd and had cosmetic surgery, I look fantastic now :biggrin: Oh everyone loves a bit of action, haha. I'm applying for a Uni up t'North in Yorkshire. I cannot tell you how pleased I'll be to leave The South behind.
Evening all :smile: good day?
I'm single and probably not wonderful, but I hope I'm not too late to join in?

Quick Reply

Latest