The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inesx
good luck!! I see you've been a bit ill, I had tonsillitis when I had my interview, but you forget about it once you start concentrating on the interview! hope it goes well.

thank you! I had my interview this morning and it went okay I think.. just need to wait until march now :smile:
Reply 601
Dear All

I am the Admissions Administrator based at Liverpool University. We do not usually get involved in threads of this nature but on this occassion we felt we had no choice. I am aware of other medical schools that do use medical students however Liverpool never has and still doesn't. The interviewers for the stated sessions are all known to us and as expected do not include current students.

We are taking these misleading posts very seriously and we would suggest that you refrain from seeking admissions advice here and simply contact the admissions department who will answer all enquiries.

Please note I will not be answering any questions or commenting on anything else in this thread.

Best wishes
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 602
hi guys

i had my interview too, feeling quite nervous, it went okayyy, just kept remembering better stuff i could have said afterwards! they definitely had a very neutral poker face which o me was off putting, reassurance usually boosts me up, I'd love to get an offer here! met some really nice people on the tour and lovely atmosphere :biggrin:

does anyone know how many offers are given to the people that got interviewed? i hope its quite high? i got 9A*s 2A's at GCSE, AAAB at AS (french, bio, physics, french), then A*A*A predictions and 1 year work experience at IVF clinic at the weekends, are my chances high even though i feel the interview didn't go too well?
Original post by 06dwilliams
Hot topics, I am doing anything that happened over the past few months, I don't think it matters which one you talk about, as long as you have something and you reflect on it well, make some good points from two perspectives or more. ( I think). Also, make sure it's something you genuinely find interesting. Umm do you have any find any advice for me ? :smile:

you seem to me to be very organised so dont know if anything i say will have any substance haha... ive heard that they sometimes ask how you would describe your personality... personally find that quite tricky :s-smilie:
where are you travelling from can i ask/what time is your interview
my interview is at 11am and i'd have to leave my city at 6am to get there in time :frown::frown::frown: not looking forward to that journey
Original post by leema24
Congrats! Hope you get in. Concerning the change in the curriculum did they ask for your views on pal vs the new curriculum? It's just really weird that they changed it so suddenly

Was simply asked 'Why Liverpool' in which I did mention the course but stuck to the fact they were continuing with case based learning and early patient contact. No questions of comparison or anything
Original post by mariam.therese
you seem to me to be very organised so dont know if anything i say will have any substance haha... ive heard that they sometimes ask how you would describe your personality... personally find that quite tricky :s-smilie:
where are you travelling from can i ask/what time is your interview
my interview is at 11am and i'd have to leave my city at 6am to get there in time :frown::frown::frown: not looking forward to that journey

I am travelling from London, and have to leave at about 6.30. My interviews at 12 so I plan to arrive in liverpool at 10.30 so I have an hour and half to chill out.Yeah I am not too keen on waking up earlier either. Are you staying for tour ?
Reply 606
Who else has an interview on Tuesday? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 06dwilliams
I am travelling from London, and have to leave at about 6.30. My interviews at 12 so I plan to arrive in liverpool at 10.30 so I have an hour and half to chill out.Yeah I am not too keen on waking up earlier either. Are you staying for tour ?

yes i am:smile:
Reply 608
Original post by madgene
ohhhh I see, guess I won't put anything then since I don't have a visa yet hehe. Thanks :smile: Where are you from?

Lool, good call. Nigeria. You ?
Reply 609
Original post by cbithas
Who else has an interview on Tuesday? ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me :smile:
8A*,2A (18pts)
3A in bio, chem, maths and a B in physics
a in FSMQ maths
4A prediction at a level. Still waiting for an interview!! :/
Reply 611
Original post by timeywimey
8A*,2A (18pts)
3A in bio, chem, maths and a B in physics
a in FSMQ maths
4A prediction at a level. Still waiting for an interview!! :/

Are you resit applicant? I am and I haven't heard anything yet either, I hope my personal statement hasn't let me down. But with your awesome stats hopefully the process is just random!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 612
Original post by leema24
Me :smile:

Awesome! Will be seeing you at the tour then! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 613
I am a resit applicant also and have not heard anything either :s where else have you applied? Heard anything from there yet??
Original post by aye7777
Are you resit applicant? I am and I haven't heard anything yet either, I hope my personal statement hasn't let me down. But with your awesome stats hopefully the process is just random!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 614
Original post by alina95
I am a resit applicant also and have not heard anything either :s where else have you applied? Heard anything from there yet??

2 rejections from Exeter and Brighton, really scared tbh, only Liverpool and Lancaster left. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 615
guys I have a question if anyone could answer that would be great!

I took an extra subject at AS on the side of my main A2's this year. In year 12 I took Biology (A) chemistry (B) French (A) and Physics (A) and dropped Physics at AS, taking on Biology, French and Chemistry to A2 with A*A*A predictions. GCSE= 9A*'s 2A's

However I took up AS psychology for personal gain as an extra, it is on my Ucas form with an A prediction and I have mentioned it on my Personal Statement. However because of timetable clashes I am no longer able to attend classes. If I chose to, would dropping the subject hinder me in application even though I already meet minimum requirements. Also, how would I need to inform the university if I chose to do this?

Thank you!
Reply 616
Original post by Rooroo96
guys I have a question if anyone could answer that would be great!

I took an extra subject at AS on the side of my main A2's this year. In year 12 I took Biology (A) chemistry (B) French (A) and Physics (A) and dropped Physics at AS, taking on Biology, French and Chemistry to A2 with A*A*A predictions. GCSE= 9A*'s 2A's

However I took up AS psychology for personal gain as an extra, it is on my Ucas form with an A prediction and I have mentioned it on my Personal Statement. However because of timetable clashes I am no longer able to attend classes. If I chose to, would dropping the subject hinder me in application even though I already meet minimum requirements. Also, how would I need to inform the university if I chose to do this?

Thank you!

I doubt it will have a major effect, however I would email the admissions team of all the universities you've applied to to check (and inform them). Make sure you explain the timetable clashes when you do.
First interview!! :biggrin: Now I love Liverpool! :biggrin:
Original post by ScarlettRyder
First interview!! :biggrin: Now I love Liverpool! :biggrin:

Congrats ! What date is it if you don't mind me asking ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jenildani3
Congrats ! What date is it if you don't mind me asking ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot! And that's no problem :smile: I'm an int'l applicant.....it's on Jan 14 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending