Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Original post by Mad-Scientist
are there any graduates here?

Yep I've applied for a100 and a101 :cool:
Reply 1261

I'm a maths grad that's applied to both courses at Barts, UKCAT 792.5. How about you?

Yeah I've applied for A101, not been rejected yet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1263
I'm a grad too, ukcat 747.5 - not too sure it's enough for this year now - I've applied to both courses....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep... i have heard a thing - waiting for the rejection :frown:
The women on the phone needs to take a chill pill...I mean I understand that many people are ringing to enquire but last time i checked that is part of her job description, is it not?
Reply 1266
Original post by games211
The women on the phone needs to take a chill pill...I mean I understand that many people are ringing to enquire but last time i checked that is part of her job description, is it not?

Haha what happened? What did she say to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by franngu
Haha what happened? What did she say to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I gave her my stats and asked why I was rejected and she answered:

'Why don't you just read the information on the website, was there anything else'...I was like :eek:

WHAT WEBSITE???/
Reply 1268

'Why don't you just read the information on the website, was there anything else'...I was like :eek:

WHAT WEBSITE???/

Wow. Damn rude...

Posted from TSR Mobile

WHAT WEBSITE???/

Aye course she did. You're not fooling anyone.
Original post by MJK91
Aye course she did. You're not fooling anyone.

What is there to fool around on? Please do not be rude :frown:

Yes - not heard anything yet
Reply 1272
Original post by Kimina
There we go. The requirements are AAAb and you do not have a fourth subject so that's probably where you didn't meet the requirements

My head teacher called them, so did I. They do not feel that the French students have completed enough hours of Biology compared to other subjects. Which is completely insane their thinking as someone from my school last year just entered in cambridge for medicine. I asked them by email in August and they said it was totally fine, lies. And i took the ukCAt just for them. I feel deeply betrayed, I Could have applied instead for Plymouth. Urg. Now fingers crossed on bristol and Liverpool as they both accept the OIB. So just to tell future EU applicants that don't take the IB., don't apply to Barts. They aren't open.
Reply 1273
I AM SICK OF WAITING.... I honestly feel like they do not take us seriously with all the stresses we are going through...
Reply 1274
Hey guys,
This is the email they sent me when i asked them why i was rejected :frown:

"I appreciate that you are disappointed for not being shortlisted for interview. You will be aware that competition for places on the MB BS programme in Medicine is intense and the quality of the applicant pool extremely high.

In order to select an appropriate number of candidates for interview on our main scheme. Those who achieve the most competitive UKCAT and UCAS tariff scores are considered for interview. The cut-off for the combined UKCAT and UCAS tariff score is determined each year by the performance of candidates and the number of applicants we would like to invite to interview. This year we have considered for interview those applicants for A100 who have achieved UKCAT scores of 3520-2400 and Tariff scores of 1080-465. When combined using our algorithm, which gives each candidate a score based on their position in the rank in both domains which are equally weighted.

For example some mid-range scores this year were 600 tariff and 2900 UKCAT and 736 tariff and 2520 UKCAT. At either end of the scoring domains were scores of 770 tariff and 3520 UKCAT and 465 tariff and 3280 UKCAT

Unfortunately your combined UKCAT/UCAS tariff score did not meet the cut-off and we were unable to consider you for interview.

I am sorry to disappoint you. However, you could consider re-applying to Bart’s and The London next year after re-taking and obtaining an improved UKCAT score and or improving your UCAS tariff. There is no pre-determined cut-off at which candidates will be considered for interview. However obviously the higher you score the more likely you are to be considered for interview and candidates with scores well below average are unlikely to be considered for interview."

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1275
Original post by Umez123
Hey guys,

"I appreciate that you are disappointed for not being shortlisted for interview. You will be aware that competition for places on the MB BS programme in Medicine is intense and the quality of the applicant pool extremely high.

In order to select an appropriate number of candidates for interview on our main scheme. Those who achieve the most competitive UKCAT and UCAS tariff scores are considered for interview. The cut-off for the combined UKCAT and UCAS tariff score is determined each year by the performance of candidates and the number of applicants we would like to invite to interview. This year we have considered for interview those applicants for A100 who have achieved UKCAT scores of 3520-2400 and Tariff scores of 1080-465. When combined using our algorithm, which gives each candidate a score based on their position in the rank in both domains which are equally weighted.

For example some mid-range scores this year were 600 tariff and 2900 UKCAT and 736 tariff and 2520 UKCAT. At either end of the scoring domains were scores of 770 tariff and 3520 UKCAT and 465 tariff and 3280 UKCAT

Unfortunately your combined UKCAT/UCAS tariff score did not meet the cut-off and we were unable to consider you for interview.

I am sorry to disappoint you. However, you could consider re-applying to Bart’s and The London next year after re-taking and obtaining an improved UKCAT score and or improving your UCAS tariff. There is no pre-determined cut-off at which candidates will be considered for interview. However obviously the higher you score the more likely you are to be considered for interview and candidates with scores well below average are unlikely to be considered for interview."

From this we can tell that the minimum score needed for interview is 465 tarrif and 3280 ukcat. This equates to 1285 combined score.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1276
By midrange scores do they mean scores they will accept? A member here got 725 ukcat and 610 ucas tariff and still got rejeced even though this is above the example they gave! Does anyone know if they're looking at anything else or does tha mean that anyone with 725 ukat and 610 tariff will be automatically rejected?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Umez123
Hey guys,

Ohh so this shows that the 1310 cut-off story was right. Now I can breathe considering that I am above that cut-off !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chemz202
From this we can tell that the minimum score needed for interview is 465 tarrif and 3280 ukcat. This equates to 1285 combined score.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ARGGGG 22 off. :angry:
Original post by Umez123
Hey guys,

what email address did you email? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending