The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by tammie94
No I'd try to avoid this, but like I said before if I loved the guy then I'd try to talk to my parents about him and get it approved by them before doing anything else. Sometimes you can't help who you fall for

What if he was a non-muslim?
How strict are you parents and what do you dress like :biggrin:
Reply 22
Not this again :facepalm:

irresistible.
Reply 23
Original post by SaFa1237
What if he was a non-muslim?

I'd only marry him if he converted, my parents would never approve if he didn't
Reply 24
I'd only marry him if he converted, my parents would never approve if he didn't

What if he doesn't want to convert? Would you convert for him? If not, then is it really love?
Reply 25
Original post by Dilsz
Your view falls in line with most Bengali girls I know.

How many times have you been to Bangladesh?

I've been there twice, once when I was really little so I hardly remember anything :tongue: and another was a couple of years ago.

Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
How strict are you parents and what do you dress like :biggrin:

My parents aren't that strict, but there's quite a few rules that I have to follow like not coming home too late (after dark) but they let me decide when it comes to stuff to do with religion though like wearing a hijab. I wear a hijab and an abaya so quite modestly I guess.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by SaFa1237
What if he doesn't want to convert? Would you convert for him? If not, then is it really love?

No I wouldn't convert and if he doesn't want to convert either, I can't exactly force him so we'd probably have to break up. But I'm trying to avoid a situation like this occurring, I keep my boundaries and try not to get too close to guys.

My parents aren't that strict, but there's quite a few rules that I have to follow like not coming home too late (after dark) but they let me decide when it comes to stuff to do with religion though like wearing a hijab. I wear a hijab and an abaya so quite modestly I guess.

What about your traditional clothes.. Do you wear them?
Reply 28
What about your traditional clothes.. Do you wear them?

I only wear them on eid or weddings, they can be quite uncomfortable to be honest as they tend to be quite heavily designed
I only wear them on eid or weddings, they can be quite uncomfortable to be honest as they tend to be quite heavily designed

Soo you don't wear them at home..
Reply 30
Soo you don't wear them at home..

No I wear t shirts and dresses at home
No I wear t shirts and dresses at home

Ah okay.. Also do you live in East London :P
Are most of your friends Bengali?
Reply 33
Ah okay.. Also do you live in East London :P

lol yeah I do :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 34
lol why is that the first question everyone asks me when they find out I'm bengali? :tongue:
Yeah I do

LOOOOOL I'm from here East London as well. I was shocked though the amount of Bengali people I know is now greater than the amount of Pakistani people I know
Reply 35
Original post by shouldbestudying
Are most of your friends Bengali?

About half my friends are bengali, but that's only coz my area if full of bengalis :tongue:
About half my friends are bengali, but that's only coz my area if full of bengalis :tongue:

Hahaha.. There is sooo many Bengalis in East London... Does it not annoy you >_<

Cool. :biggrin: I used to really hate seeing Bengali's hanging around in their ethnic groups in my college and secondary school. :mad: Some of them really need to learn to mingle with other races.
Reply 38
Hahaha.. There is sooo many Bengalis in East London... Does it not annoy you >_<

LOOL yeah sometimes it gets a bit boring always being around bengalis, but my uni is more multicultural so it's not too bad for me :tongue:
Reply 39
Original post by shouldbestudying
Cool. :biggrin: I used to really hate seeing Bengali's hanging around in their ethnic groups in my college and secondary school. :mad: Some of them really need to learn to mingle with other races.

Yeah bengalis really love to stick together :tongue: but I'm not like that lol

Latest