The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alabelle
Hoping for an interview this week because I've heard nothing so far... has anyone heard from Sunderland, Oxford Brookes, or Redcar & Cleveland SCITT yet for Primary?

I had an interview for Oxford Brooke's primary earlier. Haven't applied to the other too so can't help you there! Hope you hear soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jo_Marie
At application and pre interview stage, both St Mary's and Roe were equally my first choice you see.... but after open day and interview, I really love the feeling of St Mary's. Thing is that they have offered me a place today, and I have been preparing my Roehampton interview (even made my object haha!)... and the sensible in me is saying, maybe I should go along anyway, and then there is that small part that thinks, if I accept within 24hrs, then it shows them how keen I am to go there...that and what if they fill up?!!!?

I'm not 100% certain on this but I'm pretty sure if they have offered you a place you are within your rights to wait for responses for all your unis and they can't just suddenly say "sorry we're full now" .... anyone know more about this than me?

It sounds to me like you've made a decision! :smile: Go for where you feel you will be happiest.
Hi! I was just wondering if anyone had heard back from Bishop Grosseteste yet? Feel like I've been waiting forever to hear back from them!
Reply 3743
Original post by magic_box
I'm not 100% certain on this but I'm pretty sure if they have offered you a place you are within your rights to wait for responses for all your unis and they can't just suddenly say "sorry we're full now" .... anyone know more about this than me?

It sounds to me like you've made a decision! :smile: Go for where you feel you will be happiest.

Thanks, it is the same as what I have read too, the 10 days only starting once we have heard back from all 3, I just don't want to take any chances, and I also feel that if I withdraw, it will give other people a chance at the other two places.

How are you feeling having been back to Roe today? Does one appeal more to you?
Reply 3744
Heya lads and lasses!
I've applied to Cumbria, Edge Hill and Kingsbridge (primary) and was just offered a place at Cumbria today :biggrin: I was genuinely shocked as everybody else seemed so much better than me in the interviews! Has anyone else applied there?
I've also had an interview for the Kingsbridge SCITT and was told I'd find out before xmas, so fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by magic_box

You have a time frame in which to respond. You dont have to accept straight away. It should state on your track when you click on the subject. I would say if you are questioning it then go along to the interview. At the end of the day you have nothing to lose.
Original post by Ros1978
Im nervous too! My interview for SD is tomorrow and its all day! I have some info on the new NC which I will swot up on tonight and have made notes on the articles given for a group discussion . I dont know what else to read up on though? Maybe free schools and academies?

Good luck to you!!

Ros

Just wondering how your interview went today? I had mine today for SDS but am not feeling particularly confident even though I made it through the first round and stayed for the afternoon session. Apparently I'll hear back (either way) in the next 2-3 days. Ekk! :s-smilie:
Original post by alishaaaliyah
You have a time frame in which to respond. You dont have to accept straight away. It should state on your track when you click on the subject. I would say if you are questioning it then go along to the interview. At the end of the day you have nothing to lose.

Hey, quoting as I think you meant Jo_Marie (she is the one with the interview :smile: )

Original post by Jo_Marie
Thanks, it is the same as what I have read too, the 10 days only starting once we have heard back from all 3, I just don't want to take any chances, and I also feel that if I withdraw, it will give other people a chance at the other two places.

How are you feeling having been back to Roe today? Does one appeal more to you?

I loved it there as well! I am just going to wait and see what happens and see how I feel if I do get another offer :smile:
I need to teach a skill or some knowledge (to my peers so not sure if its to be aimed at primary level children or not) as part of my interview? Anyone got any ideas what i could do? I read a while ago someone said they did theirs on internet safety but not sure what to do mine on.
Original post by hllovt
well done!! I got an interview invite for Bath for the 15th as well! When is yours? Xx

the 15th as well! hello hectic couple of days xx
Has anybody heard back from oxford brookes or reading university for primary school direct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got notification that I didn't get a place in Worcester :frown: expected it anyway so can't say I'm that surprised.

Anyone else have an interview for Nottingham for Secondary History? I was offered tomorrow and Friday but had problems with getting off work and flights home on the Friday, so they phoned and said they understood because I was flying from NI so I'm hoping to get a date in January.
Reply 3752
So happy I've got an interview at MMU for early years in January! Was so scary checking getting an email from track lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3753
Has anyone heard from Birmingham City, Uni of Birmingham or Warwick yet? Sent my application off 2 weeks ago and have only got an acknowledgement email!
Cambridge Uni, PGCE Primary - Unsuccessful :frown:
Thank god interviews are over with. Just had PGCE business secondary interview. Said she's going to decide tonight, so fingers crossed
Hiya! when did you have your interview at BGU? i had mine on the 12th and still haven't heard back-they said they would deffo let us know byefore Christmas but I wish they'd hurry up!
Original post by bbbbbecki
Fingers crossed! :smile:

I've applied for Edge Hill and Chester - I have an interview for Edge Hill in January but I've not heard anything back from Chester yet. Where have you applied for? Do you live far from York?
Also what sort of thing have you put in your notes - just your opinion or other perspectives?

I have applied for Leeds Met and Bishop Grosseteste in Lincoln, York is the only one I have heard back from yet, which is worrying me slightly! I live in Leeds so not too far from York. For the notes, I've done a bit of both, perspectives and what I think it means! Feeling nervous now! x
Original post by Fabay
So happy I've got an interview at MMU for early years in January! Was so scary checking getting an email from track lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

When is your MMU interview interview? I have mine on the 15th but mine's at the Crewe campus for Primary :smile:
Original post by Frances_Parry
Hiya! when did you have your interview at BGU? i had mine on the 12th and still haven't heard back-they said they would deffo let us know byefore Christmas but I wish they'd hurry up!

Hi, I haven't even been offered an interview from BGU yet.. I didn't send my application off until the 5th December, was hoping I would have heard from them by now though. Are you applying for secondary or primary? The waiting to hear is the worst part isn't it!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending