The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'll just quote my topic, to those who missed.

Hello there.

I'm planning on trying to achieve as best as I can at AS, although lately my work ethic and everything has been going down. I'm trying to find the best methods and tips I can, therefore I rely on you guys!

If you got such results at AS, when did you start revising for your exams? What revision technique worked best for you? How much work have you done a day, a week, a month?

To those who have sciences, specifically Biology / Physics and Maths.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1457596764467478/
hey if anyone of you amazing people are applying to Liverpool University or considering of applying please feel free to join our amazing facebook group :smile: thanks :P
Original post by borysek01
I'll just quote my topic, to those who missed.

Started revising around Easter I think, I went to my local library and worked 11-5 most days then relaxed in the evening. For Maths I did past papers non stop, and for Physics i turned every single point on the specification into a question, and then answered it (this improved my knowledge significantly), followed by papers :smile: I hope this helped, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well today was a bit of a blast.
It was my friend's 18th today. I took him out to a gay bar and we had a really good time.
Original post by OllieGCSEs
Started revising around Easter I think, I went to my local library and worked 11-5 most days then relaxed in the evening. For Maths I did past papers non stop, and for Physics i turned every single point on the specification into a question, and then answered it (this improved my knowledge significantly), followed by papers :smile: I hope this helped, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a bunch. That was helpful indeed.
Hey guys does anyone have any biology revision advice_because this subject will be the death of me. I revise and never get the grades for it, so any advice or revision method would be useful. :smile: thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by borysek01
Thanks a bunch. That was helpful indeed.

That's okay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
OFFER FROM DURHAM EEEP :biggrin: finally got them all now :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soontobesuper
I was the same, some people got offers before me for my course, but then a couple of weeks later mine came through :smile: It just happens I guess. When did you sent your application of? Good luck nonetheless!

It was around October time, I'm just want to hear back from them!
Reply 8549
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

I told you, you would get them all before me :biggrin:
Congrats :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
I told you, you would get them all before me :biggrin:
Congrats :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha aww :colondollar: thank you very much :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8551
Original post by Lucy96
Haha aww :colondollar: thank you very much :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

NP, so what are you thinking of firming & insurancing?
And you deserved it, btw what's with the aww?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
NP, so what are you thinking of firming & insurancing?
And you deserved it, btw what's with the aww?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'll put Liverpool as my firm and Durham as my insurance. Not doing it just yet because I can be very indecisive, though I'm pretty set on my firm at least. Hehe :h: I just always say aww haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woo! Congrats mate :biggrin:, happy for ya! All 5 offers before the end of the year is an achievement :smile:.
Original post by Dimples_ND
Hey guys does anyone have any biology revision advice_because this subject will be the death of me. I revise and never get the grades for it, so any advice or revision method would be useful. :smile: thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Devise detailed notes that are easy for you to understand. The one thing I generally avoid when doing this is writing paragraphs and paragraphs and then not understanding anything in the end, so do bullet points to break down the info. I also find mindmaps and diagrams really helpful, particularly when revising hard concepts. I would also advice that you highlight your notes aswell. After you've done all this, do past papers (every one that you can find). This will help your exam technique, and strictly abide by the mark scheme.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratsss! :woo:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Woo! Congrats mate :biggrin:, happy for ya! All 5 offers before the end of the year is an achievement :smile:.

Aw thanks ever so much :biggrin: means a lot! Think it helps that my course isn't competitive :tongue:
Original post by justanotherindigo

Thank you a lot :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8556
Original post by Lucy96
I think I'll put Liverpool as my firm and Durham as my insurance. Not doing it just yet because I can be very indecisive, though I'm pretty set on my firm at least. Hehe :h: I just always say aww haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good at least you have decided your firm, I am debating between moving out or staying at home :frown: You have till May anyway.
So if you were a hero/villain it'd be your catchphrase :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
That's good at least you have decided your firm, I am debating between moving out or staying at home :frown: You have till May anyway.
So if you were a hero/villain it'd be your catchphrase :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

True :biggrin: hmmm, it's hard. I was originally planning to stay at home for Liverpool, but I decided I'm living in as I can easily hop on a train if I'm missing home etc. But obviously it might not be that easy for you. You've got plenty of time, have a good think about it! Precisely :smile:

Hahaha yup! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8558
Original post by Lucy96
True :biggrin: hmmm, it's hard. I was originally planning to stay at home for Liverpool, but I decided I'm living in as I can easily hop on a train if I'm missing home etc. But obviously it might not be that easy for you. You've got plenty of time, have a good think about it! Precisely :smile:

Hahaha yup! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would probably go home every weekend or every 2nd weekend. And will have to see if I get my other 2 uni's
Scared/Nervous of living away from home but at the same time excited
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by justanotherindigo
Devise detailed notes that are easy for you to understand. The one thing I generally avoid when doing this is writing paragraphs and paragraphs and then not understanding anything in the end, so do bullet points to break down the info. I also find mindmaps and diagrams really helpful, particularly when revising hard concepts. I would also advice that you highlight your notes aswell. After you've done all this, do past papers (every one that you can find). This will help your exam technique, and strictly abide by the mark scheme.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Thnx :smile: gonna try that now. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest