The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3780
Original post by Jo_Marie
Hello,

dilemma, has anyone already accepted their choice/offer yet?

I was just wondering, do we withdraw our application on UCAS and then so something else after that with the choice we are accepting?

I am confused how to accept the offer when I am still interviewing at the other two....

Congratulations on your offer from St Mary's! We must have been in the same interview! Was just wondering you mentioned an email you recieved when you got the offer but I didn't get an email from St Mary's… just an update on UCAS. I've accepted my offer but just wondering what they said in the email? Do you think I should email them? So excited! :smile:
Original post by alabelle
Me too! When did you have your interview? How did they contact you? Was the interview difficult/stressful?

Sorry for all the questions :tongue: you don't have to answer them. Oxford Brookes are my last choice really because it's so far away from home but I'd still like to hear back from them soon! I didn't put my application in until the 6th so that is probably the reason for the delay.

Haha no problem! My interview was this morning, it wasn't really what I had expected, all group stuff and no formal interview at all! Couple of group tasks and a presentation that you prepared at the interview. The staff were really nice though and the informal attitude did make it less stressful. But then it depends how much you like group interviews - I'm not a massive fan!!
They emailed me to let me know they had my application a couple of days after I sent it off and then emailed me to invite me to interview but it did get updated on track too.
Yeah I'm sure they've just had a lot to go through :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3782
Original post by Sara Jayne
Hi! I was just wondering if anyone had heard back from Bishop Grosseteste yet? Feel like I've been waiting forever to hear back from them!

I haven't heard anything!! I haven't even had an acknowledgement :frown: they are my last one to hear from x
Interview tomorrow at 9am! I think I'll feel so much better once this first one is out of the way because I know what to expect for the rest then. I've been reading stuff all night but I'm starting to think I'll never feel prepared no matter how much I do, so I've stopped. It makes me feel better knowing that no-one has come back on here saying their interview was a horrible experience!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by madl24903
Cambridge Uni, PGCE Primary - Unsuccessful :frown:

That's a shame :frown: How are your other choices going?
May I ask what your academics/experience is like.
I'm still trying to decide whether to apply there or not while I'm still waiting for my second reference!!
Reply 3785
How long was the gap between you getting the e mail confirmation to getting an interview?
Original post by Airfairy
Interview tomorrow at 9am! I think I'll feel so much better once this first one is out of the way because I know what to expect for the rest then. I've been reading stuff all night but I'm starting to think I'll never feel prepared no matter how much I do, so I've stopped. It makes me feel better knowing that no-one has come back on here saying their interview was a horrible experience!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll be absolutely fine, what subject are you going for again? Had mine for secondary english this morning at Manchester uni, and even though I'm not sure whether I answered brilliantly, the questions were pretty good. They're not trying to catch you out, everything was related either to the lessons I'd had to plan for the interview, my experience in schools or why I wanted to teach. Basically all questions which I could answer without memorising anything - I didn't get asked about educational policies or anything like that which I was worrying about!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amul1992
You'll be absolutely fine, what subject are you going for again? Had mine for secondary english this morning at Manchester uni, and even though I'm not sure whether I answered brilliantly, the questions were pretty good. They're not trying to catch you out, everything was related either to the lessons I'd had to plan for the interview, my experience in schools or why I wanted to teach. Basically all questions which I could answer without memorising anything - I didn't get asked about educational policies or anything like that which I was worrying about!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going for r.e. Thanks for letting me know about your interview, every story help :smile: . I'm worried about the whole thing. I'll feel so much better when it's done.

Hope you get an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going for r.e. Thanks for letting me know about your interview, every story help :smile: . I'm worried about the whole thing. I'll feel so much better when it's done.

Hope you get an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome, I know how I felt last night! I'd just say make sure you extend your answers as much as you can, it's always better to give them all the goods and feel as though you talked too much than say too little and have to have them prompt you. The more they have to go off the better, just be as smiley and relaxed as poss (even if you're actually panicking!). Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3790

Try not to worry too much, they're just trying to see whether you really do want to be a teacher, and have a realistic view of the profession, plus whether you are ok at explaining things. It all sounds very scary and intimidating, and I was expecting a horrrible experience, but actually each interview I've had has been really nice. The formal interview has been like a chat (I even ended up laughing and joking with one of my interviewers), the other candidates very friendly, and the whole day a much more enjoyable experience than anticipated.

Original post by Lucy_jucie
FOR ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN OFFERED A PLACE

did you receive an email from UCAS saying you had an offer or did you just have to keep checking ucas track

I got an e-mail, but track seems very temperamental (I have had e-mails for interview sometimes and not others, for example) so I wouldn't rely on it.
Reply 3791
Original post by Lucy_jucie
Thank god interviews are over with. Just had PGCE business secondary interview. Said she's going to decide tonight, so fingers crossed

I got an email from UTT stating there is a change from one of the providers. Then I logged in to find out I have been offered a place. All the best.
Reply 3792
Original post by georgiaclaire_
I have an interview on the 8th of jan with BCU, heard on tuesday! But not a squeak from UoB :frown:

oh really?! did they e-mail or send a letter to you? what does the day involved?
Original post by KerryE5
I haven't heard anything!! I haven't even had an acknowledgement :frown: they are my last one to hear from x

That makes me feel slightly less worried about not hearing from them! I suppose no news is good news!! Fingers crossed we hear from them soon!!!
Reply 3794
Original post by bellylaugh
Just wondering how your interview went today? I had mine today for SDS but am not feeling particularly confident even though I made it through the first round and stayed for the afternoon session. Apparently I'll hear back (either way) in the next 2-3 days. Ekk! :s-smilie:

Hi . I heard last night that I hadn't got a place. Feel surprisingly ok about it and it means that I haven't got a place anywhere for 2014. Thy recommended applying to Plymouth uni for their pgce course ( sd is in conjunction with them) as the interview panellist from there was impressed and said I would get a place. It's too far away from me though as I have a large family. So I don't think I will go through apply 2 and will apply next year. Hope you have better news!!
Original post by amul1992
You're welcome, I know how I felt last night! I'd just say make sure you extend your answers as much as you can, it's always better to give them all the goods and feel as though you talked too much than say too little and have to have them prompt you. The more they have to go off the better, just be as smiley and relaxed as poss (even if you're actually panicking!). Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the tip! I will try and be detailed.
Original post by tory88
Try not to worry too much, they're just trying to see whether you really do want to be a teacher, and have a realistic view of the profession, plus whether you are ok at explaining things. It all sounds very scary and intimidating, and I was expecting a horrrible experience, but actually each interview I've had has been really nice. The formal interview has been like a chat (I even ended up laughing and joking with one of my interviewers), the other candidates very friendly, and the whole day a much more enjoyable experience than anticipated.

I got an e-mail, but track seems very temperamental (I have had e-mails for interview sometimes and not others, for example) so I wouldn't rely on it.

Thanks that makes me feel better too. Sat outside now so just trying to chill because I have nervous tummy ache right now. I think I'll be better once I've gone in!

How long did the one to one interview last?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Interview at Leicester tomorrow for Upper Primary. I have no idea what to expect, so nervous about it!
Original post by tmanz212
oh really?! did they e-mail or send a letter to you? what does the day involved?

They sent me an email, no change on track! They have loads of places, so they must have loads of applicants, so i'm sure you'll hear from them :smile:
All my choices on track suddenly changed the "last updated" column to say that they were updated yesterday, yet none of them have changed (Oxford still says 'interview' which I've done and not heard back from, Bristol says nothing even though they offered me an interview ages ago via email, and Oxford Brookes still says nothing).

So what's going on?
Original post by Squoosh25
All my choices on track suddenly changed the "last updated" column to say that they were updated yesterday, yet none of them have changed (Oxford still says 'interview' which I've done and not heard back from, Bristol says nothing even though they offered me an interview ages ago via email, and Oxford Brookes still says nothing).

So what's going on?

It has happened to everyone, I think! and the date choices must reply by has been put back by a week so it seems ucas has refreshed everyone's track to update this....

Still not heard anything from my choices but I think the extra week may be to compensate closure over Christmas and New year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending