The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Is anybody going to the applicants day on the 12th March? I don't if it is just for Philosophy and politics or the social sciences in general.......? But if anyone is popping down to the uni that day, holla!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Just got an offer for Economics - AAB as well as Economics and Politics - AAB
Does everyone know that you can now apply for accommodation for 2014 entry, thank God I checked today, it's first come first served :smile: I hope I'm not late :frown:
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Does everyone know that you can now apply for accommodation for 2014 entry, thank God I checked today, it's first come first served :smile: I hope I'm not late :frown:

Really? I thought it wasn't til may when we select our firm and insurance. Where do we book a place?
Original post by MattDrane
Really? I thought it wasn't til may when we select our firm and insurance. Where do we book a place?

you apply as soon as it is open as long as you have an offer, that way if you firm or insure and end up going to Manchester, you still have a place. And if you do not firm or insure you are simply taken off the list. Go to: http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/applications-online

scroll to the bottom.

and yeah, you pick firm/insurance whenever you want as soon as you have gotten all 5 decisions or withdrawn etc
Original post by Winstanley_
Just got an offer for International Management with American Business Studies, anyone else on this course who's going to firm?

I've firmed my offer for International Business Management with American Business Studies.
Original post by FlyHigh_er

You're guaranteed a place, and many people won't bother applying until April or May or later anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
You're guaranteed a place, and many people won't bother applying until April or May or later anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah :smile: I knew that, but I was thinking about the halls I want :biggrin: but it's cool, at least I've got it out of the way now, and I'm going to either firm or insure so I won't have to think about it anymore :smile:
Just curious to see if anyone else here has received an offer for International Management but without the American Business Studies?
Reply 849
Offer for Politics and international relations after 8 days of having applied!!!! :biggrin:
Anyone applied for the management course? :smile:
Anyone goin for an interview on 5th march?
Why isn't there an applicant day for law students? :frown: haven't even seen the uni yet
Original post by Assassinn
Unconditional for Politics, Philosophy and Economics
Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a conditional offer yesterday, wasn't expecting it as I heard it was a really competitive course!
Got an offer for English Lit yesterday! Manchester's my first choice joint with Edinburgh. Has anyone else applied for Eng. Lit?
Original post by LauraChallinor
I got a conditional offer yesterday, wasn't expecting it as I heard it was a really competitive course!

I assumed the same, wasn't sure my application was up to scratch with the kind of applicant they get for such a course.

Are you going to firm it?
Anyone else applied for maths and actuarial science?
Original post by Assassinn
I assumed the same, wasn't sure my application was up to scratch with the kind of applicant they get for such a course.

Are you going to firm it?

I'm waiting on an offer from Glasgow (only sent my application off on Sunday evening) which was going to be my firm but only because I wasn't expecting to get into Manchester. If I end up with offers from both I'm gunna have a difficult decision to make! What about you, are you decided on Manchester?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LauraChallinor
I'm waiting on an offer from Glasgow (only sent my application off on Sunday evening) which was going to be my firm but only because I wasn't expecting to get into Manchester. If I end up with offers from both I'm gunna have a difficult decision to make! What about you, are you decided on Manchester?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same position as me except I'm waiting on Kings College. I would dread having to move away if Kings decline me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 859
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Why isn't there an applicant day for law students? :frown: haven't even seen the uni yet

hey :biggrin: im not sure about the applicant day for law students but there is an open day for law undergraduate study in june - same as all subjects I guess? :tongue: I just wanted to let u know that I've firmed UoM for Law LLB as well as insured UoM for Law with criminology too!!!:colondollar::colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending