The Student Room Group

PS4 Vs Xbox One? Which one are you going for?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Knighted
Why in gods name you would spend a HUNDRED quid more for a console that is technically WEAKER is beyond me.

The specs are irrelevant. Price and exclusives decides the better console. Otherwise Xbox would've trounced PS2 for a start.
Original post by ozzyoscy
The specs are irrelevant. Price and exclusives decides the better console. Otherwise Xbox would've trounced PS2 for a start.

Incorrect and your example makes little sense after some logical thinking.

The Playstation 2 was released on 4th March 2000 whereas the original xbox was released a year (and a bit) later on 15th November 2001. The Playstation 2 dominated the market as it had a year head start. Developers were already used to developing for it and games already had it thus it dominated.

The exact same thing can be said about the Xbox 360 and PS3. The Xbox 360 was released in 2005 whilst the PS3 was released a year later thus giving market domination to the 360 for a full year and time for developers to get used to the hardware thus why the Xbox 360 dominated the market whilst the PS3 struggled to catchup.

Price = The PS4 is Cheaper.

Exclusives = Exclusives will be better depending on 1) how the developers take advantage of the hardware 2) The Hardware itself. The better the hardware, the better the exclusives and not just graphics wise.

In fact your post pretty much backs up my point. Cheers.

I'll state it again, if you spend more money on the console that is technically "weaker" you are an idiot. Obviously if you like Halo and the look of TitanFall then by all means, purchase one but if you're expecting the Xbox One to outmatch the PS4 exclusive wise you're incorrect.
Incorrect and your example makes little sense after some logical thinking.

Well I'm sure the rest of your post is captivating.
Well I'm sure the rest of your post is captivating.

I tearfully conclude: "I tried to tell you, but you never wanted to listen. Because that's how Xbox people are..."
Neither. PC master race!

More seriously, I will probably get a used PS4 in 3 or 4 years if there are any decent games to catch up on.
I tearfully conclude: "I tried to tell you, but you never wanted to listen. Because that's how Xbox people are..."

But... I'm not an Xbox person. Are you a fanboy, dishing out labels like that to people with differing opinions? That's just weird.

Forgive me, o logical one. If only you could depart your rare ability of using logic to others, so they could be as intelligent as you.
But... I'm not an Xbox person. Are you a fanboy, dishing out labels like that to people with differing opinions? That's just weird.

Forgive me, o logical one. If only you could depart your rare ability of using logic to others, so they could be as intelligent as you.

You obviously just missed my reference to South Park mate. aka I was joking man, my last post was truly meant to be lighthearted.

Now I just feel bad :frown:
Reply 127
Original post by heyimbored
I can assure you, there is judder, and if you look around the UK reviews that have mentioned it then you'll see that I'm not the only one. It's practically a requirement that it's introduced in order to match the frame rates up. MS could fix it to allow the xbox to output at 50Hz when only displaying TV content, (but I doubt that will happen), but that problem will always be there when a game is on screen at the same time.

It's like when you play a blu-ray on a TV that doesn't support 24fps playback, and it bumps it up to 25fps. You'd think that it wouldn't make much difference just adding that one more frame per second, but it looks like you're watching in fast forward. Here, one in six of the frames that you're watching is wrong.

LOL i dont look into reviews usually fan boys.

I have one right now on and ZERO lag.

Im running sky+ on it.
Reply 128
Original post by NathanW18
I don't doubt that it works. I have seen videos of it and it looks like an interesting concept. I just don't know how you can concentrate on both at the same time.

Exactly. Games like F1 require full concentration. You're going so fast that any error can screw you over.

depends on the game really i.e forza has loading times = perfecto with tv
Like saturday night playing ryse alongside UFC is epic lol
something like BF4 i'd like full screen. Its all voice activated and once you get use to it. It so seamless!
You obviously just missed my reference to South Park mate. aka I was joking man, my last post was truly meant to be lighthearted.

Now I just feel bad :frown:

References only work if the reference would work in the same context if it wasn't a reference, otherwise it's just post-shark Family Guy.
Original post by Bill_Gates
LOL i dont look into reviews usually fan boys.

I have one right now on and ZERO lag.

Im running sky+ on it.

Then, like I said, you're one of those lucky ones that can't see it. It is there though, it's impossible to get around it.

And the reviews I'm talking about are by we'll renowned professionals, who actually looked favorably upon the Xbox one. They just pointed out this huge flaw in its implementation in the UK and Europe.

Of course your user ID would suggest that you'll never admit this technical flaw, even if you can't see it yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ps4
Reply 132
Then, like I said, you're one of those lucky ones that can't see it. It is there though, it's impossible to get around it.

And the reviews I'm talking about are by we'll renowned professionals, who actually looked favorably upon the Xbox one. They just pointed out this huge flaw in its implementation in the UK and Europe.

Of course your user ID would suggest that you'll never admit this technical flaw, even if you can't see it yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha no way. I have both consoles i have no bias either way.

Xbox one wins purely on entertainment and the snap feature is unbeatable alongside its interface.
References only work if the reference would work in the same context if it wasn't a reference, otherwise it's just post-shark Family Guy.

...okay mate...well done on taking life, the internet and gaming far too seriously.
haha no way. I have both consoles i have no bias either way.

Xbox one wins purely on entertainment and the snap feature is unbeatable alongside its interface.

I'm glad you like it, I don't see the attraction though, for a whole load of reasons, including the broken frame rate issue, and the fact that I don't see how you can watch one thing and play the other (and for 30 seconds at a time during loading screens I don't see how its worth it). Also, I've paid good money to get a TV the size it is to give me a good gaming experience, why would I want to reduce the space the game takes up?
Reply 135
probably PS4 based soley on previous experience of brand, Infamous 3 and general preference,

anything else is just a bonus for me

besides, watchdogs and any future bethesda games will likely be multi-platform anyway so i'm sweet with ps4 lol

not gona buy until around march though at which point il try and get a good deal/bundle
Reply 136
I'm glad you like it, I don't see the attraction though, for a whole load of reasons, including the broken frame rate issue, and the fact that I don't see how you can watch one thing and play the other (and for 30 seconds at a time during loading screens I don't see how its worth it). Also, I've paid good money to get a TV the size it is to give me a good gaming experience, why would I want to reduce the space the game takes up?

haha well i think the xbox one is a true revolution in gaming. Having both xbox one clearly wins for the time being but of course we live in hard times and the majority of consumers will go for the lower priced console as usual.

P.s no frame rate issues whatsoever.
...okay mate...well done on taking life, the internet and gaming far too seriously.

Ohhh, you got the last word and made accusations, that must mean you win eh?
haha well i think the xbox one is a true revolution in gaming. Having both xbox one clearly wins for the time being but of course we live in hard times and the majority of consumers will go for the lower priced console as usual.

P.s no frame rate issues whatsoever.

I'm also still confused as to why everything not to do with gaming is making the xbox a revolution in gaming, but never mind...

P.S. Like I said, it's not up for debate. You obviously can't see it, but it's an impossible obstacle. Look it up. The PS4 also outputs TV content (from iplayer etc...) at 60Hz too, which is also unwatchable, but the PS4 isn't trying to be a TV box. (likewise, when just watching TV, why would you feed it through your xbox? It's just another box consuming x watts of power and costing you £y per year)
Reply 139
I'm also still confused as to why everything not to do with gaming is making the xbox a revolution in gaming, but never mind...

P.S. Like I said, it's not up for debate. You obviously can't see it, but it's an impossible obstacle. Look it up. The PS4 also outputs TV content (from iplayer etc...) at 60Hz too, which is also unwatchable, but the PS4 isn't trying to be a TV box. (likewise, when just watching TV, why would you feed it through your xbox? It's just another box consuming x watts of power and costing you £y per year)

lol i cannot see it? is a great thing isnt it. Im watching football now and playing ryse! epic!

all you need to do is move a hdmi around to have tv on?! come on.

Quick Reply

Latest